Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Star Trek Voyager 2.06 "Twisted"
    Neelix's jealousy thing is old. Really old, and really kind of creepy actually.
    The episode itself, however, has some pretty neat ideas driving it. Some strange new spatial anomaly, very Trek. And the distortion of the entire ship so that the cast is wandering in circles and repeatedly ending up in the same places is a lot of fun. Only thing is, I wish they hadn't done the door from Engineering into some guy's quarters thing. That just didn't fit in with what the rest of the episode was doing.
    I also really like the diagram of the distorting ship that we see at one point. I don't understand why the corridors don't appear to be going uphill and downhill from the perspective of the crew, but I can let it slide. It would've cost too much to portray it, and it's not ultimately necessary to the storytelling.
    And all this because Tuvok decided that the best option was to fly through the distortion in order to minimize the amount of time they were going to be in it
    Star Trek Voyager 2.08 "Persistence of Vision"
    Honestly I kind of zoned out while watching this; spent most of the runtime tooling around in my Star Trek XLS file instead. A starship crew being driven to distraction by its hallucinations and lack of inhibitions was fun in The Naked Time, less fun in The Naked Now, and downright awful in If Wishes Were Horses. I don't see why they needed to recycle it here, too.
    Tuvok's decision in Twisted to get through it quickly made perfect sense. If you can't go out, you might as well go through as quickly as possible. And Janeway's neural rewiring was funny. Tuvok putting his hand on her shoulder... Powerful.

I loved Persistence of Vision! Kes really is a 'powerful little thing'. I found it to be an original episode and it showed us what the crew really wanted and who they were connected to most, if only at the time. Janeway and Mark, Tuvok and T'Pel, Paris and his dad, icky Torres and Chakotay... I thought it worked very well. And the tiny Doctor was hilaRious! The only thing I can't stand it all the foaming pus during Kes' hallucination.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
      TNG, 7x07, Dark Page *cries*
      Yeah. It was bad, wasn't it.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        I actually like it. It shows a more human side to Lwaxana
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

You mean the quality of the epsiode? Cause it was a great episode, but horribly sad. And that last scene, when you can see them together, mother and daughter next to each other, on the beds, hand in hand, that was one of the most beautiful moments of ST.

Oh and it was great also because this explains a lot about Lwaxana's character. She lost a child, she blamed herself for that, and then she turned into this always laughing, always happy person, I think this is a defense by her, that's how she could survive this most awful tragedy.

sigpic

Comment

Well, it's not on my rewatch list. And it's far-fetched for me, even by sci-fi standards.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Uh....repressed memories are pretty common in reality. What makes it so far-fetched?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I remember watching the episode and simply not being moved by it. It's been years since I've seen it... but there was the problem of no-one seemingly knowing about the lost daughter, it not being in Lwaxana's bio file or in any number of other documents... No matter how high and mighty Lawxana is, I doubt she could have erased everything to do with her lost daughter.
                It's not like she's from the Delta Quadrant or something.
                Last edited by nx01a; 10 September 2010, 03:39 PM.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Hey if a Lieutenant can alter logs and video logs to the point that his Captain is put on trial for murder, surely royalty can have family files altered on her own homeworld.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I suppose. Eh. I just couldn't suspend disbelief for this one.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I don't see the suspension of disbelief in this one. People got around forging legal documents all the time. Some make it last for years.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

If Mary Alice could do it in Desperate Housewives...

sigpic

Comment

Lwaxana as a Desperate Housewife... I can see it.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Lwaxana as a Desperate Housewife... I can see it.
                            Yeh!

'My name is Lwaxana Troi...and before I died, my life was filled with love, laughter, friendship, and sadly... secrets.'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                              TNG, 7x07, Dark Page *cries*
                              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I actually like it. It shows a more human side to Lwaxana
                              I also liked "Dark Page." For once, Lwaxana wasn't being used as a foil for Picard. It certainly set a precedent for her more dramatic appearances on DS9 later on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                I also liked "Dark Page." For once, Lwaxana wasn't being used as a foil for Picard. It certainly set a precedent for her more dramatic appearances on DS9 later on.
                                Oh she's gonna be in DS9? Cool!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X