Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS9 - Little Green Men.
    sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
    - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Star Trek is bigger than California
      In Star Trek's future, there IS NO California!
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

California, rest in peace.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
          Or, more appropriately, rest at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean... in pieces.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
            Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Or, more appropriately, rest at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean... in pieces.
            ??

What ep, series, what happened, in spoilers

Comment

Voyager, "Future's End". And it wasn't all of California...

Spoiler:
              They say that in 2047, an earthquake sank Los Angeles, creating one of the largest coral reefs in the world.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Star Trek Voyager 3.02 "Flashback" (only the Excelsior bits )
                I can't help but wonder why they bothered re-filming the scenes from Star Trek VI. The differences in delivery of lines is....well, it stands out like a sore thumb. And the Klingon torpedoes...wtf was with that modified vfx?! It didn't look like any Klingon torpedoes before or since--you'd think they would have made them fit better with how they looked in VI. And....I'm not really sure why Valtane is killed off during this episode, considering he was on the bridge at the end of VI

But it's quite nice to see the Excelsior, Sulu, Rand, and Kang again. And I really like how this expands on what was going on with the Excelsior during the Gorkon crisis. I love all things TOS, so seeing all these bits lind of makes me wish that George Takei's push for a Sulu/Excelsior series had produced results

Star Trek: Generations (Enterprise-B sequence)
                I wonder if the people who wrote Flashback realize that they were thinking of the wrong Excelsior-class ship that Tim Russ had appeared on before

Anyway, a depressing end to the TOS era. This is one of my biggest gripes with Generations as a whole, I find that it kind of betrays/undermines the brilliant closure of the TOS era that VI provided.

Star Trek: The Next Generation 1.01-02 "Encounter at Farpoint" (just McCoy )
                I can't help but wonder....how much do you think McCoy and Spock kept in touch after the 'death' of Kirk?
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Define keep in 'touch'?

You watched VOY! LOL!

I think that Generations was a brilliant Next Generation movie. Kirk... not really.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    Define keep in 'touch'?

You watched VOY! LOL!
                    And in the 15 minutes or so of it I saw, Janeway annoyed me like crazy. This does not bode well for re-watching it in the future

Comment

I think you are right Digi, the VOY writers must have forgotten which movie he was in. That said, it's easier to put him into a movie that we saw never the actor (ST6), than put into a movie he was in but then have to explain why he didn't have the ears (as his Generations character was human).

That said, while it was great seeing Kang, Rand and most of all Sulu, it may have more believable to put him in Generations. Personally I just try to put down all inconsistencies (such as Valtane and that little pesky dying scene) down to the virus screwing up his memory.

As for Spock and McCoy, I think after Kirk's death they'd have all kept in touch. The man deserves to be remembered by those who knew him best and I could see them all getting together each year to kick Harrimans ass.

sigpic

Comment

DS9 - Image in the Sand
                        DS9 - Shadows and Symbols
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

TNG: "Frame of Mind" Creepy stuff. Frakes did a good job here, I thought. The directing was stellar and the score, something I don't usually care for in this series, was appropriately riveting.

DS9: "If Wishes Were Horses" A lot better than I thought it would be. Since I do reviews for this show, that's all I'll say here.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

DS9 - Starship Down.
                            sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                            - R.E.M.

Comment

DS9 - Afterimage
                              DS9 - Take Me Out to the Holosuite
                              DS9 - Chrysalis
                              DS9 - Treachery, Faith, and the Great River
                              DS9 - Once More Unto the Breach
                              DS9 - The Siege of AR-558
                              DS9 - Covenant
                              DS9 - It's Only a Paper Moon
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

"The Changeling"
                                Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 3, Disc 2

"Mirror, Mirror"
                                Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 4, Disc 2

"The Apple"
                                Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 5, Disc 2

"The Doomsday Machine"
                                Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 6, Disc 2

Comment

Working...
                                X