Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late last night, I watched Sins of the Father for the first time in many years. My goodness I forgot how much this episode rocked, and not just because of the exploration of the Klingons' internal affairs, but because the episode, like Q Who, opened the door for future episodes. TNG with a continuing story. The foundations for some good episodes were laid down with this episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      VOY: Workforce pt 2

Kim shows up the ECH a bit.
      Janeway NOT asking her man to come along because it wouldn't be appropriate?! Have him like Neelix or 7 or Kes: NON-Starfleet!
      Everyone having a hand in helping save the crew... Brilliant!
      The young doctor not going along with the conspiracy... Brilliant!

I enjoyed both parts.
      http://www.martinfirrell.com/katemulgrew/

The first vid has the answer. At least I agree with her on this.

sigpic

Comment

Cold Call
        Star Trek Online, Season ?, Episode ?

Loud As a Whisper
        Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 5, Disc 2

The Schizoid Man
        Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 6, Disc 2

Unnatural Selection
        Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 7, Disc 2

A Matter of Honor
        Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 8, Disc 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
          http://www.martinfirrell.com/katemulgrew/
          The first vid has the answer. At least I agree with her on this.
          I agree with her not being a Space Tramp like Kirk or Riker, but she found a man she loved and settled down with in Workforce! You try and take that with you! Especially if the show's almost over! I would have liked it if she asked him to stay on Voyager and he was, ironically, more concerned about staying and working and building his career and being part of the 'workforce'. Maybe he didn't want to leave everything he knew behind for this woman who he really, in the end, didn't actually know completely. I would have liked that ending, with Janeway basically having her heart broken and setting off for Earth again.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I agree with her not being a Space Tramp like Kirk or Riker, but she found a man she loved and settled down with in Workforce! You try and take that with you! Especially if the show's almost over! I would have liked it if she asked him to stay on Voyager and he was, ironically, more concerned about staying and working and building his career and being part of the 'workforce'. Maybe he didn't want to leave everything he knew behind for this woman who he really, in the end, didn't actually know completely. I would have liked that ending, with Janeway basically having her heart broken and setting off for Earth again.
            Yeh, normally you'd do that maybe ( especially if you know that the show is almost over ), but Janeway wasn't like this, after she started to get back her memories, she knew what she had to do, this thing she always was totally determined about, no love. I think it was not only cause of the fact that they were x thousand light years from home, not only cause she knew that if she had a man then she just couldn't do her job as she supposed to, but she felt gulity about the destruction of the satelite in Caretaker, so she made that decision. No man, no any kind of love-affair, only one task: getting the crew home.

sigpic

Comment

And that led her to be the woman in your sig: alone and dreaming of the past, of missed opportunities. She deserved happiness... and she left it behind because she felt it wasn't 'appropriate'. None of the other captains would have done that. Even Picard at least tried it.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

And that led her to be the woman in your sig: alone and dreaming of the past, of missed opportunities. She deserved happiness... and she left it behind because she felt it wasn't 'appropriate'. None of the other captains would have done that. Even Picard at least tried it.
                Yeh, I'm not saying that what she was doing was good for her, of course not, as Mulgrew says in that interview, she even gave up on the possibility to become a mother. I never thought of that, but when I think about this, how cruel this must been for her.
                Picard tried it , yeh, but... he wasn't 70000 light years from home. I think Janeway's case is totally unique, and not because she was a woman. I disagree with her on that, I mean with Mulgrew, just because you're a female captain, you can have as much romance as the male ones, that won't effect your judgment, your leadership, in normal circumstances. But stucked in the Delta Quadrant... that was everything but normal. She just couldn't let herself to have a normal life like other captains had, because of this situation.

sigpic

Comment

TNG, 7x04-05, Gambit
                  TNG, 7x06, Phantasms ( Data and Troi in the turbolift, that was so Hitchcock's Psycho )

sigpic

Comment

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
                    The middle (and perhaps weakest) link in the so-called Star Trek Trilogy. While not as brilliant as the two films that bookend it, I think this movie still unfairly gets a bad rap. This is still quite a good movie IMO. The performances of all the regulars are top-notch; while the guest appearances by Christopher Lloyd, Mark Lenard, Robin Curtis, and Merritt Butrick are all measured and fit well into the movie.

You can't help but feel this movie tug at your heartstrings too. The crew commits what amounts to treason for the first time in their careers, in order to save their friend. We find out that David is, in fact, just like his father in how he 'cheated' in order to make Genesis work. Kirk's only child is murdered while he listens in; and shortly afterward we watch the Enterprise--home of so many legendary journeys--self-destruct
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DS9 - Sons and Daughters
                      DS9 - Behind the Lines
                      DS9 - Favor the Bold
                      DS9 - Sacrifice of Angels
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

DS9: Tears Of The Prophets
                        VOY: Favorite Son
                        Last edited by stargatefan234; 30 August 2010, 09:21 AM.
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                          DS9: Tears Of The Prophets
                          VOY: Favorite Son
                          Talk about pairing a great episode with an awful one.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DS9 - The Way of the Warrior.

Yikes! That's a lot of Klingons!
                              sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                              - R.E.M.

Comment

DS9 - You Are Cordially Invited
                                DS9 - Resurrection
                                DS9 - Statistical Probabilities
                                DS9 - The Magnificent Ferengi
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X