Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I was watching that episode I was thinking that they made the wrong decision. I mean yeh, Hugh became an individual, and I think I would've done the same if I were Picard... I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Hugh would've done this whole virus-thing if they ask him. Of course they can't do that, that would be a suicide mission and all, but I'm positive he'd have said yes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Whats the point in ethics if your all dead?
      To borrow from another great series: "it's not enough simply to survive. One has to be worthy of survival."
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        To borrow from another great series: "it's not enough simply to survive. One has to be worthy of survival."
        I don't buy that. The world isn't so black and white that sometimes ethics have to be ignored. The threat of everyone dying seems apprioate for overlooking ethics. Kind of like what Sisko did, In A Pale Moonlight
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
          Oh yes, that hair she wore for like 60 episodes, that was odd... but also very funny when someone attacked the ship, and suddenly the bun... lost it's structural integrity.
          Losing structural integrity...hilarious. I'd green you for that Mac but at the moment, I can't green you, Digi, or nx01a.

That bun made Janeway seem incredibly stuffy and I dare say unattractive. When she literally let her hair down, things changed significantly for her. She seemed much more personable and pleasant all around. The bun bears a great resemblance to a look an officer at work has cultivated...and she micromanages everyone to death. Nobody can stand her--not even me. I'm very thankful Janeway didn't stay looking like that.

I understand it, cause you can't compare those 2 persons IMO. One was made to kill, it wasn't his decision to kill ppl, he just couldn't help himself. But Finn... well, all I can say is, trying to avoid a big debate about terrorism, so he made that choice, he choose to kill innocent ppl. And no matter for how long, how hard he would try to convince me about the legitimacy of this, that this was the only thing he could do, that what he did was right because of this and that, well no, he couldn't convince me. There's no way to justify such actions, when he choose himself to do those actions.
          Danar was interesting. He was a formidable opponent on many levels but he was thoughtful and funny in his own way. Though the two of them were opponents, even Worf verbally defended Danar and the other soldiers in front of Narok and the other Angosian leaders. You know, I don't think Danar would resort to kidnapping and taking hostages.

Finn... I would have gladly shot him a dozen times.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Ah, yes. The episode that proves Riker will do ANYTHING.
          Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Two feet and a heartbeat AMIRITE?

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          U R!
          He even tried to do an android. *facepalm* Hitting on Data's daughter? Bad man.
          LOL, Riker is a horn dog, no question about that. When he talks about Soren to Troi, and he says something like he hopes that they're still friends, even if he has this thing for Soren... I was waiting for a 'Soren, yeh... and what about the hundreds of women you had in all over the Galaxy?!' answer from Troi.
          Yeah, Riker's been Kirking it up on TNG for 5 seasons. Thomas Riker wanting to get involved with Kira on DS9 kind of proved this too. I remember him even flirting with a four-armed keyboardist in the Unification two-parter, and she wasn't even the most attractive member of her species. Then there was that colonist the got devoured by the Crystalline Entity in Silicon Avatar...

If he somehow got a foothold into the Gamma or Delta Quadrants, I'm sure he'd take the time to do a "bio-survey" of those quadrants.
          Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 21 August 2010, 11:12 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            Losing structural integrity...hilarious. I'd green you for that Mac but at the moment, I can't green you, Digi, or nx01a.

That bun made Janeway seem incredibly stuffy and I dare say unattractive. When she literally let her hair down, things changed significantly for her. She seemed much more personable and pleasant all around. The bun bears a great resemblance to a look an officer at work has cultivated...and she micromanages everyone to death. Nobody can stand her--not even me. I'm very thankful Janeway didn't stay looking like that.

Danar was interesting. He was a formidable opponent on many levels but he was thoughtful and funny in his own way. Though the two of them were opponents, even Worf verbally defended Danar and the other soldiers in front of Narok and the other Angosian leaders. You know, I don't think Danar would resort to kidnapping and taking hostages.

Finn... I would have gladly shot him a dozen times.

Yeah, Riker's been Kirking it up on TNG for 5 seasons. Thomas Riker wanting to get involved with Kira on DS9 kind of proved this too. I remember him even flirting with a four-armed keyboardist in the Unification two-parter, and she wasn't even the most attractive member of her species. Then there was that colonist the got devoured by the Crystalline Entity in Silicon Avatar...

If he somehow got a foothold into the Gamma or Delta Quadrants, I'm sure he'd take the time to do a "bio-survey" of those quadrants.
            Thanks. It made hore softer indeed, the new hair-style, kinda like Picard's uniform in season 5. His uniform is open more and more times, I really like this, it makes him cooler, more relaxed... or maybe that was Vash, who knows.

Danar wouldn't have such things, he was programmed to kill, but not to send a kid on a spacebus or whatever they called it, full with children, to blow it up... we can't tell the same about Finn.

... an the list goes on for Riker. In Conundrum, he has that very nice scene with Troi, he can feel the affection from her, the gentlness... then what he does when he return to his quarters? Ro. LOL Maybe there was a thrid woman for him in the morning? Haha, I bet in those days any woman could've convinced him...

Woman: Hey, maybe we're married...

Riker: Sooo true, my lady! *kisses the girl*

Data: Or maybe you are brother and sister.

sigpic

Comment

DS9 - The Way of the Warrior
              DS9 - The Visitor
              DS9 - Hippocratic Oath
              DS9 - Indiscretion
              DS9 - Rejoined
              DS9 - Starship Down
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Star Trek 3.22 "The Savage Curtain"
                I don't know why I always think of this one as being one of the earlier episodes, but for some reason I do. An episode which has gone down in history as one of the most well-known stories (it was even the template for the Futurama parody episode). This also complicates the WW3/Eugenics War issue with the introduction of Col. Green.

Star Trek 3.23 "All Our Yesterdays"
                One of my favourite episodes of the entire series. It's just such a nice character piece for each of the Big Three, it has lovely set work, and it's so very sci-fi to send an entire population to the past.

But one of my favourite parts about this episode is the overriding sense of despair that permeates the episode from beginning to end. A world about to die eseentially says 'to hell with history' and its population flees into the past to avoid death; Kirk finds himself trapped in the planet's equivalent of the Dark Ages; the woman that Spock and McCoy meet thinks she's gone mad at seeing other people for the first time in who knows how long; Spock actually falls in love! just long enough to have it ripped away from him; McCoy standing by while Spock discovers his humanity, unable to help despite all his pro-human protestations over the run of the series.

Just a great episode, I kind of wish it had been the finale rather than the following episode. It is, however, the last episode if you sort by Stardate, so I guess it has that going for it.

Star Trek 3.24 "Turnabout Intruder"
                The final story of TOS God how I wish this show had gone on for longer....

Star Trek TAS 1.01 "More Tribbles, More Troubles"
                Oh dear.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DS9 - Little Green Men
                  DS9 - The Sword of Kahless
                  DS9 - Our Man Bashir
                  DS9 - Homefront
                  DS9 - Paradise Lost
                  DS9 - Crossfire
                  DS9 - Return to Grace
                  DS9 - Sons of Mogh
                  DS9 - Bar Association
                  DS9 - Accession
                  DS9 - Rules of Engagement
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

DS9 - Distant Voices.
                    sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                    - R.E.M.

Comment

TNG, 5x24, The Next Phase
                      TNG, 5x25, The Inner Light - so beautiful.
                      TNG, 5x26, 6x01, Time's Arrow
                      TNG, 6x02, Realm of Fear

And I updated my siggie. Not sure how clear it is, but that is from the end of The Inner Light...

sigpic

Comment

TNG, 5x24, The Next Phase
                        TNG, 5x25, The Inner Light - so beautiful.
                        TNG, 5x26, 6x01, Time's Arrow
                        TNG, 6x02, Realm of Fear

And I updated my siggie. Not sure how clear it is, but that is from the end of The Inner Light...
                        An excellent signature; two very similar moments for Picard and Janeway.
                        sigpic

Comment

An excellent signature; two very similar moments for Picard and Janeway.
                          Thanks Fuzz. Yeh, first I thought I have to drop the Janeway siggie, cause I don't know how to use Photoshop and such programmes, but as I was watching those 2 pics I realized, it's not only similar moments, but if I put them together it looks like Janeway listening to Picard's play. So I thought wow, that's wonderful.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Fuzz. Yeh, first I thought I have to drop the Janeway siggie, cause I don't know how to use Photoshop and such programmes, but as I was watching those 2 pics I realized, it's not only similar moments, but if I put them together it looks like Janeway listening to Picard's play. So I thought wow, that's wonderful.
                            It does look like Janeway listening to Picard play. All the more reason to keep it!
                            sigpic

Comment

It does look like Janeway listening to Picard play. All the more reason to keep it!
                              Yep. It feels like she's listening to his play, in that such emotional, important moment for her... then she decies what to do... like Picard's play inspires her. Now if it would be a 'gif' siggie, Picard would turn back with a 'Hey, Temporal Prime Directive or something??? Meh, youngsters!' bubble above his head.

sigpic

Comment

Watching Man of the People right now, and ...

Troi: Computer, today's appointment calendar...

Computer: 0900 hours, counsellor session with Ensign Janeway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X