Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Blasphemy! I'd do all kinds of horrible things to her
    To quote...
    Ick!
    VOY: Caretaker.
    Getting to the end of my VOY rewatch, I felt nostalgic about the first episode and decided to watch it again before I move on closer to Endgame. Dang! What a difference a hairdo can make, Janeway! She was so matronly and stern in the beginning, but she got hotter and a bit more carefree/easy-going towards the end... much like the show itself, I suppose.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      She was so matronly and stern in the beginning, but she got hotter and a bit more carefree/easy-going towards the end... much like the show itself, I suppose.
      To quote...

Ick!

Star Trek 3.14 "That Which Survives"
      Androids....which can for some reason are generated to specifically kill one person, instead of destroying biological matter in general. Sure, that makes sense

Star Trek 3.15 "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"
      A story of racism that I think kind of loses some of its oomph 41 years later =\ But this one DOES have the first introduction of the Enterprise self-destruct commands, which would later reappear in Star Trek III.

Star Trek 3.16 "Whom Gods Destroy"
      Another great title, even though it's not as long as "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky" I think this one has a great connotation to it. I really like the story in this episode too though; and insane ex-starship captain running amok and the inmates running the asylum
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DS9 - Explorers
        DS9 - Family Business
        DS9 - Shakaar
        DS9 - Facets
        DS9 - The Adversary
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Star Trek 3.17 "The Mark of Gideon"
          Heh....massive overpopulation to the point that it's literally shoulder-to-shoulder, and yet they had the free space to build a complete mockup of the Enterprise. That seems like a wise use of space. And good lord, if overpopulation is that bad, couldn't these people have invested in condoms?

Star Trek 3.18 "The Lights of Zetar"
          I find Scotty's doting on the new Lt. in this episode really over the top. Like, crossing the border into majorly creepy older guy hitting on the new girl creepy. But hey, Memory Alpha!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Watched TNG's The High Ground earlier tonight. Interesting how Roga Danar elicited great sympathy from me in The Hunted while Kyril Finn, for the kidnapping attempted destruction of the Enterprise-D (and the deaths of over 1,000 people and then trying to pin the guilt on to Dr. Crusher) felt like someone who I would have shot dead in a heartbeat...with absolutely no regrets.

To quote...
            Getting to the end of my VOY rewatch, I felt nostalgic about the first episode and decided to watch it again before I move on closer to Endgame. Dang! What a difference a hairdo can make, Janeway! She was so matronly and stern in the beginning, but she got hotter and a bit more carefree/easy-going towards the end... much like the show itself, I suppose.
            Yeah, the early-Voyager bun...really had to go.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Star Trek 3.17 "The Mark of Gideon"And good lord, if overpopulation is that bad, couldn't these people have invested in condoms?
            sigpic

Comment

DS9 - Visionary.
              sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
              - R.E.M.

Comment

To quote...
                Oh yes, that hair she wore for like 60 episodes, that was odd... but also very funny when someone attacked the ship, and suddenly the bun... lost it's structural integrity.

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Watched TNG's The High Ground earlier tonight. Interesting how Roga Danar elicited great sympathy from me in The Hunted while Kyril Finn, for the kidnapping attempted destruction of the Enterprise-D (and the deaths of over 1,000 people and then trying to pin the guilt on to Dr. Crusher) felt like someone who I would have shot dead in a heartbeat...with absolutely no regrets.
                I understand it, cause you can't compare those 2 persons IMO. One was made to kill, it wasn't his decision to kill ppl, he just couldn't help himself. But Finn... well, all I can say is, trying to avoid a big debate about terrorism, so he made that choice, he choose to kill innocent ppl. And no matter for how long, how hard he would try to convince me about the legitimacy of this, that this was the only thing he could do, that what he did was right because of this and that, well no, he couldn't convince me. There's no way to justify such actions, when he choose himself to do those actions.

sigpic

Comment

TNG, 5x15, Power Play
                  TNG, 5x16, Ethics
                  TNG, 5x17, The Outcast, that was symbolic, big time.. or not exactly symbolic, cause it was pretty clear I guess, the message I mean
                  TNG, 5x18, Cause and Effect
                  TNG, 5x19, The First Duty, Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome Tom Nicholas Paris Locarno

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                    TNG, 5x17, The Outcast, that was symbolic, big time.. or not exactly symbolic, cause it was pretty clear I guess, the message I mean
                    Ah, yes. The episode that proves Riker will do ANYTHING.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Ah, yes. The episode that proves Riker will do ANYTHING.
                      Two feet and a heartbeat AMIRITE?

Comment

U R!
                        He even tried to do an android. *facepalm* Hitting on Data's daughter? Bad man.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

LOL, Riker is a horn dog, no question about that. When he talks about Soren to Troi, and he says something like he hopes that they're still friends, even if he has this thing for Soren... I was waiting for a 'Soren, yeh... and what about the hundreds of women you had in all over the Galaxy?!' answer from Troi.

So, TNG, from 5x20 Cost of Living to 5x23, I, Borg - Of course this last one was just OMG! for me!
                          "Captain, I do not want to forget that I am Hugh." One of the saddest moment ever.

sigpic

Comment

Federation morality: save one person's individuality and lose an opportunity to destroy an enemy that wants to destroy everything you hold dear. Spock would not approve.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I would call that morality, period. What's the point of having ethics if you don't obey them?

Star Trek 3.19 "The Cloud Minders"
                              Holy....in all the times I've watched Star Trek, I only just this time noticed: the Troglytes who attack Kirk and Spock near the beginning are wearing visors that were recycled for Khan and his crew when we 'first' meet them in Star Trek II!

I like this one a lot because I think it still stands the test of time. It's an excellent example of Star Trek being used to examine social mores, in this case societal segregation. While this was most certainly race in the 1960s, it still holds a great deal of relevance today.

Of course, an eye-popping local doesn't hurt either

Star Trek 3.20 "The Way to Eden"
                              Space hippies... *facepalms*

Star Trek 3.21 "Requiem for Methuselah"
                              A largely forgettable episode IMO, except for 3 off-screen deaths of no-names

Comment

Whats the point in ethics if your all dead?
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X