Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Child
    Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 1, Disc 1

Where the Silence Has Lease
    Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 2, Disc 1

Elementary, Dear Data
    Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 3, Disc 1

The Outrageous Okona
    Star Trek TNG, Season 2, Episode 4, Disc 1

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      DS9 - Heart of Stone
      DS9 - Destiny
      DS9 - Prophet Motive
      DS9 - Visionary
      DS9 - Distant Voices
      DS9 - Through the Looking Glass
      DS9 - Improbable Cause
      DS9 - The Die is Cast
      Sigh. DS9 s3. My favourite DS9 season.
      Does anyone else agree that Trek series really start getting good in their third seasons? TNG, DS9, VOY and Enterprise really hit their stride in their third seasons.
      Let's not mention TOS' third season, though.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Star Trek 3.11 "Day of the Dove"
        Woohoo, more goofy TOS Klingons

Star Trek 3.12 "Plato's Stepchildren"
        Home of some of the most ludicrous scenes in Star Trek history And of course, the monumental interracial kiss
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Does anyone else agree that Trek series really start getting good in their third seasons? TNG, DS9, VOY and Enterprise really hit their stride in their third seasons.
          Totally. Haven't seen DS9 or TOS yet, but the 3 other shows... show this pattern. It's like they find their real voice after the magical number 3.

sigpic

Comment

VOY breaks the mold to me. I don't see S3much better then S2 or even S1
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Just finished watching The Hunted. The Enterprise-D turned upside down by one person. I absolutely love it.

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
              Totally. Haven't seen DS9 or TOS yet, but the 3 other shows... show this pattern. It's like they find their real voice after the magical number 3.
              The Dominion, The Xindi and the Sphere Builders, the Borg in both TNG and VOY--3 is indeed the number. Even Babylon 5 really followed this pattern.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Just finished watching The Hunted. The Enterprise-D turned upside down by one person. I absolutely love it.

The Dominion, The Xindi and the Sphere Builders, the Borg in both TNG and VOY--3 is indeed the number. Even Babylon 5 really followed this pattern.
                The Hunted is a great episode indeed, I loved the last scene where Picard leaves them, just like that, 'Deal with you problem on your own, you moron'

Now, this season 3 thing... if I think about it, even if I love every season of SG-1, season 3 would be my favourite. In Atlantis, too.... Now this is funny.

sigpic

Comment

The Hunted is a great episode indeed, I loved the last scene where Picard leaves them, just like that, 'Deal with you problem on your own, you moron'

Now, this season 3 thing... if I think about it, even if I love every season of SG-1, season 3 would be my favourite. In Atlantis, too.... Now this is funny.
                  That was a wonderful moment, when Narok suddenly realized how utterly screwed they were, and that Danar and the other soldiers weren't going to back down.

As for the season 3 thing, I'm reminded of a small scene from Babylon 5:

Sheridan: On Earth, three's a crowd.
                  Delenn: On my world, three is sacred.

It's a completely different context of course.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    That was a wonderful moment, when Narok suddenly realized how utterly screwed they were, and that Danar and the other soldiers weren't going to back down.

As for the season 3 thing, I'm reminded of a small scene from Babylon 5:

Sheridan: On Earth, three's a crowd.
                    Delenn: On my world, three is sacred.

It's a completely different context of course.
                    Yeh, I wonder what happened after the crew of Enterprise left the planet. That would be an interesting episode.

I haven't seen Babylon 5, but this dialouge sounds interesting. Actually I have seen the first episode of it, many years ago, but I remember there was a huge praying mantis type of creature there, and by that time I was like noooo thanks

sigpic

Comment

TNG, 5x02, Darmok Beautiful episode. Just beautiful. And that Gilgamesh scene, that was one of the most moving scenes I ever seen in ST.
                      i should rewatch that now that i'm older
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I haven't seen Babylon 5, but this dialouge sounds interesting. Actually I have seen the first episode of it, many years ago, but I remember there was a huge praying mantis type of creature there, and by that time I was like noooo thanks
                        Ah. You mean N'Grath.
                        Spoiler:
                        He was a cool minor character. I was hoping back as a teenager watching B5 s1 that Kosh was actually one of those cool mantis aliens. Fortunately, JMS had far more colourful things lined up for us.

VOY: The Void.
                        Janeway's moral integrity holds even when Voyager's structural integrity fails.
                        Last edited by nx01a; 19 August 2010, 10:54 PM.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          i should rewatch that now that i'm older
                          Sounds like a plan. You should do that.

Ah. You mean N'Grath.He was a cool minor character. I was hoping back as a teenager watching B5 s1 that Kosh was actually one of those cool mantis aliens. Fortunately, JMS had far more colourful things lined up for us.

VOY: The Void.
                          Janeway's moral integrity holds even when Voyager's structural integrity fails.
                          That's him! I still remember him, then he made an impression me, no question!

The Void is an interesting episode. Every time I feel like Janeway has gone too far, when I'd say okay, let's just forget those sooo important directives, you're in the Dalta Quadrant, you have to get home! etc., then she can explain her actions so easily, it makes sense why she's doing what she's doing. Equinox is such a great episode cause of this, it showes what could happened if the captain says: well, let's do this in another way...

sigpic

Comment

Haven't seen DS9 or TOS yet
                            I haven't seen Babylon 5

You must!

Immediately!
                            sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                            - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post

You must!

Immediately!
                              Okay, okay! As soon as I'm finished with TNG, I'll watch DS9. Then TOS. That's gonna be funny, first I saw Enterprise, then Voyager, then the ST movies, now TNG, then DS9, and last... the first one. LOL Then I'm gonna give another chance for Babylon 5.

sigpic

Comment

Okay, okay! As soon as I'm finished with TNG, I'll watch DS9. Then TOS. That's gonna be funny, first I saw Enterprise, then Voyager, then the ST movies, now TNG, then DS9, and last... the first one. LOL Then I'm gonna give another chance for Babylon 5.
                                Phew! Glad to hear it

I take it you tried watching B5 before. I agree that when you watch season 1 for the first time it might seem a little dull, but as the series goes along it REALLY picks up. AND, when you rewatch, after having seen the entire show, you realise how much important background and clues are already there in season 1.
                                sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                                - R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                                X