Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Didn't notice the 'location'?

Going home to watch Unimatrix Zero pt 2. I really don't want to because it continues VOY's rape of the Borg and the plot just sucks, but the CGI's nice.
    Oooh yes...

Rape of the Borg? In what way?

sigpic

Comment

As in, "astonishingly bad writing"
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh. I think Unimatrix Zero was great, a very interesting story there, it gave a new perspective about the Borg. Which is always a risky decision to make, cause every time there's something new about any character, storyline etc. fans are like: nooo, that's not in the canon, you can't do that! LOL, but I think this was awesome.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
          Oh. I think Unimatrix Zero was great, a very interesting story there, it gave a new perspective about the Borg. Which is always a risky decision to make, cause every time there's something new about any character, storyline etc. fans are like: nooo, that's not in the canon, you can't do that! LOL, but I think this was awesome.
          The thing about Unimatrix Zero is because the whole thing was about a virtual construct, I was personally willing to overlook some of the flaws in the two-parter. Virtual reality episodes give a little more room for the characters to "play around" in a manner of speaking. One big criticism I do have about part 2 is that whoever wrote the episode made a BIG snafu about Fluidic Space. It can't border the Beta Quadrant because it's in another dimension.
          sigpic

Comment

LOL, yeh, that was kinda... odd. But I still love it, it was a great, special idea from them to create that world IMO. It has it's flaws, but I can overlook that easily, cause it's very well directed and acted. And Fuzz, nice new siggie! Lots guns! It's hot.

sigpic

Comment

And on topic , from 4x02 'Family' to 4x07 'Reunion', this was so sad. I loved K'Ehleyr.

sigpic

Comment

DS9 - Fascination.
                sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                - R.E.M.

Comment

TNG, from 4x08, Future Imperfect to 4x12, The Wounded, this one was great. Cause I find ST kinda naive sometimes, it's like 'We are the Federation, we're all nice and kind, we don't even need money anymore, we just like to explore the Universe, we are perfect' , so, a story like Captain Maxwell's is refreshing, it makes the show more real.

sigpic

Comment

AND paves the way for DS9 beautifully!

VOY: Unimatrix Zero part 2. The action was nice. Janeway et al assimilated... Fail. 7/9 + Axum = Fail. Voyager and a Borg sphere able to disrupt Unimatrix Zero when the Borg Queen couldn't... Fail. Patrolling the border of Fluidic Space at the other end of the Beta Quadrant... FAIL! Voyager not having a fleet of Borg ships surround it... EPIC FAIL! Easily Voyager's lowest Borg moment.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      AND paves the way for DS9 beautifully!

VOY: Unimatrix Zero part 2. The action was nice. Janeway et al assimilated... Fail. 7/9 + Axum = Fail. Voyager and a Borg sphere able to disrupt Unimatrix Zero when the Borg Queen couldn't... Fail. Patrolling the border of Fluidic Space at the other end of the Beta Quadrant... FAIL! Voyager not having a fleet of Borg ships surround it... EPIC FAIL! Easily Voyager's lowest Borg moment.
                      So, DS9 gonna be more realistic then. Cool.

And I still love Unimatrix Zero.

sigpic

Comment

LOL, yeh, that was kinda... odd. But I still love it, it was a great, special idea from them to create that world IMO. It has it's flaws, but I can overlook that easily, cause it's very well directed and acted. And Fuzz, nice new siggie! Lots guns! It's hot.
                        The signature was actually a large compilation of various law enforcement characters I've come to like over the years, with the blue line in the middle symbolizing the Thin Blue Line. Some are from much older shows, like Millennium. Others are from things much newer, like Southland. Of course, Odo and Garibaldi need to be in there.

So, DS9 gonna be more realistic then. Cool.

And I still love Unimatrix Zero.
                        Yeah, DS9 definitely takes time to explore the Federation's flaws. You mentioned Captain Maxwell: Characters similar to him are examined in greater detail as well. The DS9 two-parter about the Maquis is something that comes to mind.

EDIT: Yes, I still like Unimatrix Zero.
                        sigpic

Comment

DS9 - Tribunal
                          DS9 - The Jem'Hadar
                          DS9 - The Search Part 1
                          DS9 - The Search Part 2
                          DS9 - The House of Quark
                          DS9 - Equilibrium
                          DS9 - Second Skin
                          DS9 - The Abandoned
                          DS9 - Civil Defense
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Star Trek 3.08 "The Empath"
                            Okay....I'm not really sure what being an empath has to do with being mute or absorbing other peoples' injuries, but I guess I can roll with it. Props to the actress for doing an entire performance with no lines of dialogue.

Star Trek 3.09 "The Tholian Web"
                            Terrific, terrific episode.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I watched Balance of Terror. Awesome episode
                              sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

That really is a fantastic episode

Comment

Working...
                                X