Temporal Cold War - Good or Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    I'd say that the entire TOS-VOY era was the timeline that included those colonists not having died. Still, we saw Riker and the Ent D intact and seemingly unchanged by their deaths in 'These Are The Voyages'. So, no biggie.
    No, word of god is that the TOS/TNG/etc world is the one that exists at the end of Enterprise, so it includes those deaths.
    "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
    "Those who abandon the path are evil."
    "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

See how this timey-wimey ding! stuff gets you in a muddle? Either way, the events in ENT were meant to be and led to the TOS-VOY era.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

See how this timey-wimey ding! stuff gets you in a muddle? Either way, the events in ENT were meant to be and led to the TOS-VOY era.
        Like I said, good in small doses, but confusing when used as much as they did.
        "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
        "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

I feel vindicated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mastage Kidd View Post
            Like I said, good in small doses, but confusing when used as much as they did.
            They used it 9 times. 3 per season for the first 3 seasons. You would have liked one big time episode a season, like a Q or Lwaxana appearance? Mmm. That might have worked, too, but I had no problem with it myself.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

They used it 9 times. 3 per season for the first 3 seasons. You would have liked one big time episode a season, like a Q or Lwaxana appearance? Mmm. That might have worked, too, but I had no problem with it myself.
              Ya. 9 times was about 6 too many. It wasn't the focus of the series, so they should have kept it to the minimum they needed to get it done, and a trilogy of episodes would have more than sufficed. Heck Sisko's status as the Emissary in DS9 was a major focus of the show, but that only has a trilogy of eps devoted to it.
              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

Neither did I really.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Actually... DS9 milked that Emissary stuff across at least a dozen episodes, from the pilot, "Emissary", to "In the Hands of the Prophets", "Rapture", "Accession", "The Reckoning", "Tears of the Prophets", "Image in the Sand", "Shadows and Symbols", "Penumbra", "'Til Death Do Us Part", "Strange Bedfellows", "The Changing Face of Evil", "What You Leave Behind"... Heck, his 'Emissary'-ness was a deus ex machina against the Dominion fleet in "Sacrifice of Angels".
                  Having said that, though they used it a few times a season, it was one of the basic struggles that went through DS9.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It wasn't confusing for me. Various factions tried to alter the timeline, some did [the Sphere Builders, the Suliban/Future Guy with that burnt colony] but their 'changes' were either actually part of the timeline already [I refuse to believe Earth didn't eventually 'repair' Florida, Cuba and Venezuela] or really didn't have any meaningful impact [3500 dead and sadly inconsequential alien colonists whose deaths ultimately didn't end the NX-01's mission].
                    Uh, how about the millions that died in Florida, Cuba, and Venezuela? According to Daniels, there was no record of that attack. Given Admiral Layten's statement about Earth being in the most danger its been in since the Third World War, he apparently had no knowledge of it either.

Course, that could be because it hadn't happened yet...

Even though he was in the future...

Anyway, think about everything that happened in Season 3. None of that was suppose to happen. Think about how all of that would impact the timeline. It gives me nightmares.

Comment

Actually... DS9 milked that Emissary stuff across at least a dozen episodes, from the pilot, "Emissary", to "In the Hands of the Prophets", "Rapture", "Accession", "The Reckoning", "Tears of the Prophets", "Image in the Sand", "Shadows and Symbols", "Penumbra", "'Til Death Do Us Part", "Strange Bedfellows", "The Changing Face of Evil", "What You Leave Behind"... Heck, his 'Emissary'-ness was a deus ex machina against the Dominion fleet in "Sacrifice of Angels".
                      Having said that, though they used it a few times a season, it was one of the basic struggles that went through DS9.
                      I was referring to Sisko's decision on if he wanted to be emissary or not. That was served in what the staff called the "Emissary Trilogy." (Destiny, Accession, and Rapture)

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                      Uh, how about the millions that died in Florida, Cuba, and Venezuela? According to Daniels, there was no record of that attack. Given Admiral Layten's statement about Earth being in the most danger its been in since the Third World War, he apparently had no knowledge of it either.

Course, that could be because it hadn't happened yet...

Even though he was in the future...

Anyway, think about everything that happened in Season 3. None of that was suppose to happen. Think about how all of that would impact the timeline. It gives me nightmares.
                      Daniels doesn't come from the main canon timeline. He comes from the one that exists before any temporal incursions. (That's why memory alpha considers anything Daniels said about the future to be non canon)
                      "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

Working...
                      X