Star Trek Timeline (for the curious)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
    So far Enterprise is in 2054, if you're saying it was 20 years ago it would be 2034?
    2154, not 2054. They changed the Eugenics Wars to make it comport with our contemporary timeline.

Comment

I am sorry. Didn't type the right numbers

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
      Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
      "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
      My deviantART profile

Comment

But does that matter? There's always temporal screw ups in Star Trek
        Cuz I hate time travel episodes; it's just bad sci-fi and a cop out. I guess I'm just weird, but I really hate the Voyager/Enterprise time travel stuff, especially the Time Ships and Temporal Cold War. I hated that stuff. I was sooo glad when Crewmen Daniels died. If I were Captain Archer, I would have phasered Daniels' head into pulp. I hated him with a passion. I also hated Captain Braxton and that whole arc.

Time travel might not be impossible, but it's really improbable. I didn't mind the Whale movie (Voyage Home), but come on...flying around the sun a few times will take you back to 1986? Nah....impossible! Stupid plots and avoiding writing a decent episode.

Comment

I am sorry. Didn't type the right numbers
          Don't be sorry. I'm just picky . Just kidding. I'm just teasin ya Dude.

Comment

D'oh! So was I!

My deviantART profile

Comment

I too have read that the Trek Powers That Be (Berman and Braga) have changed the time period of the Eugenics Wars from the 1990's to around First Contact. The reason they gave was because the 90's have come and gone and there were no Eugenics Wars. A pretty ridiculous reason to mess with continuity if you ask me.

Anyhoo. Great timeline Daniel Jackson
              MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

I agree with ya Lexx. Good way of pointing it.

My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                  The Eugenics Wars were originally in the late 1990s (see "Space Seed" and ST: WOK"), but according to some ST authorities, this was moved up to shortly before First Contact.
                  Well, the authorities are wrong. According to Manny Coto himself, the Eugenics War will not be moved up. Besides, there's no readon to do so. Yes, the 90's have come and gone with no Eugenics War, but if fans can't figure out that Star Trek is FICTION, well... I think they need help.

No, Anubis, I'm not talk'n about you, just people in general. lol

Comment

Either timeline forgot the beginning of the Federation which plays an important part of the timeline (I think). All I know it is between Enterprise and Star Trek.

Comment

Oopsy, forgot the Romulan War and the founding of the UFP.

2155-60 - Romulan War
                      2161 - Founding of the United Federation of Planets

Comment

On the Eugenics War front, it happened sometime before 1996. Proof: In "Future's End" Henry Starling had a model of the Botany Bay on his desk.
                        Rocky

Comment

1996 was the year Khan and his followers were either bannished or escaped, according to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Comment

Really? Don't remember that.
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                              1996 was the year Khan and his followers were either bannished or escaped, according to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
                              They escaped, I know that, but in 1996?

My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                                Oopsy, forgot the Romulan War and the founding of the UFP.

2155-60 - Romulan War
                                2161 - Founding of the United Federation of Planets
                                If the Romulan War was supposed to be from 2155-2160, then wouldn't that happen in Enterprise's fourth or fifth season?

My deviantART profile

Comment

Working...
                                X