Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone seem to dislike Enterprise????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, that phrase sounds accurate.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      A writer's stuff up.........

Or as Trek fans call it a "YATI" Yet Another Trek Inconsistency
      Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
      LOL, that phrase sounds accurate.

Can I get green for that
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Can I get green for that
        Someone is fishing for green! Well, you just got one.

sigpic

Comment

You gotta love a masculine, carismatic, handsome captain with a hairy chest.
          Oh yes!
          sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
          - R.E.M.

Comment

A writer's stuff up.........

Or as Trek fans call it a "YATI" Yet Another Trek Inconsistency
            That's not actually so. The crew never were told the Ferengis name. So while they would have no doubt submitted a report with visual records, it would have been just one little incident in a very big starfleet file called "Unidentified Alien Life" or something similar.
            This might have something to do with how the Ferengi became such a big part of the Star Trek universe so quickly. Starfleets first official contact would have been in season 1 of TNG, or at a similar time certainly. No doubt after Picard submitted his report some starfleet researcher would have looked up "big eared, greedy aliens" and a picture of the Ferengi would have popped up with a full record of all their encounters throughout Starfleet history (of which we know of at least two. The episode of Enterprise an the way inwhich the USS Stargazer was lost)
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              That's not actually so. The crew never were told the Ferengis name. So while they would have no doubt submitted a report with visual records, it would have been just one little incident in a very big starfleet file called "Unidentified Alien Life" or something similar.
              This might have something to do with how the Ferengi became such a big part of the Star Trek universe so quickly. Starfleets first official contact would have been in season 1 of TNG, or at a similar time certainly. No doubt after Picard submitted his report some starfleet researcher would have looked up "big eared, greedy aliens" and a picture of the Ferengi would have popped up with a full record of all their encounters throughout Starfleet history (of which we know of at least two. The episode of Enterprise an the way inwhich the USS Stargazer was lost)
              lol...personally, after seeing so many star treks and other sci-fi shows, i prefer not to worry about the little inconsistencies anymore or sit and think about this stuff in great depth, essentially doing the writers' jobs for them. if i did, it'd prolly make me crazy.

...especially with a prequel show like enterprise where you're bound to run into all sorts of incongruities...i'd much rather sit back and enjoy staring at connor trinneer for 40 minutes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by setsuna View Post
                lol...personally, after seeing so many star treks and other sci-fi shows, i prefer not to worry about the little inconsistencies anymore or sit and think about this stuff in great depth, essentially doing the writers' jobs for them. if i did, it'd prolly make me crazy.

...especially with a prequel show like enterprise where you're bound to run into all sorts of incongruities...i'd much rather sit back and enjoy staring at connor trinneer for 40 minutes.

http://www.aloneinthetown.net/images...rise/ct-E2.jpg
                LOL, I think you have a point there, setsuna. I usually do the same, but sometimes the geek in me, he just has to asks those questions. It's like if you look at the visual effects, how they changed over the years. For me those are very important, when the 'look' of the show is poor then it can just die for me, cause I don't believe it anymore, I'm like: right, I'm watching a show... That's why I stopped watching The Original Series of Star Trek in the first place. I watched 5 minutes and the effects, the loud and annoying music, some poor acting made me to push the Stop button. But I'll watch it one day, cause I'm a ST fan now.
                Yummy pic of Connor.

sigpic

Comment

I really liked Enterprise particularly in the first couple of seasons. What put me off was when they started getting Connor coming on to T'Pol.. He's just gross I preferred the more subtle interplay with Archer.
                  http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                    I really liked Enterprise particularly in the first couple of seasons. What put me off was when they started getting Connor coming on to T'Pol.. He's just gross I preferred the more subtle interplay with Archer.
                    Yeah I always wanted Archer and T'Pol to get together.......... LOL at your avater House with sonic screwdriver........ Imagine him as Doctor Who but with House's personality
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Well, personally... I prefer the Archer/Trip thingy...

sigpic

Comment

Well in the novels we it was essentially section 31 which kept the Romulan an Vulkan ancestuary secret for fear it could break up the newly alliance.
                        It possible they covered up the Borg threat to, also they were the kind of people to support the Hansen's

Another possibility was that Department of Temporal Investigations covered up the existence of Borg in the 22nd centuary an Enterprise notes to avoid undoing events which were meant to happen the way they happen. Somone probably put the pieces together that if the Borg were not going to be encountered until sometime in the future.

As to the Ferengi it most likely just got forgotten, an give the Ferengi to space in STNG was hint at being remote from the federation it not surprising no one thought to check past records contact.

Personally I do not see them as inconsistencies, I see them as untold stories waiting to be explored.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 07 August 2010, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                          i like the Archer/T'Pol dynamic too, especially in the first season. it almost seemed like it might one day resume from what we saw in the very last episode (which imo also doesn't count as the finale). as she fixes his collar you get a little of that "T'Pol taking care of Archer" thing that was happening before Trip came into the fun.

you know i was watching ENT just last night and it occurred to me Archer and Hoshi would be an interesting match.... sure she's a bit whiny, but they do seem to have a little chemistry going. just a thought.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, personally... I prefer the Archer/Trip thingy...
                            they definitely should have had more episodes together.
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL, I think you have a point there, setsuna. I usually do the same, but sometimes the geek in me, he just has to asks those questions.
                              o i know, trust me. i used to pick apart that stuff all the time. i still do occasionally but only because i find it funny. i try not to let it interfere with my being entertained. the way i see it, they're tv shows (albeit rly cool, world-immersing type tv shows) written by mere mortals and not doctrine inscribed on clay tablets brought down from on high. with 5 shows all based in the same world at different times in history, naturally mistakes will be made.

they might break canon unknowingly or "bend it" on purpose to enhance a story. it's still a business and they need to keep ratings up. at the end of the day you just have to kind of look at it and say "well canon aside, was it entertaining? was it a good show? and (in my case) did Connor Trinneer take his top off? usually with ENT i can answer all three of those with a yes.

It's like if you look at the visual effects, how they changed over the years. For me those are very important, when the 'look' of the show is poor then it can just die for me, cause I don't believe it anymore, I'm like: right, I'm watching a show... That's why I stopped watching The Original Series of Star Trek in the first place. I watched 5 minutes and the effects, the loud and annoying music, some poor acting made me to push the Stop button. But I'll watch it one day, cause I'm a ST fan now.
                              you just described exactly why i couldn't watch voyager and how i feel about it now. that show just looked and felt so cheaply made compared to TNG and DS9. i'll go back at some point and try it again because it is Star Trek but it's down on my list.

Yummy pic of Connor.
                              lol isn't it?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by setsuna View Post
                                o i know, trust me. i used to pick apart that stuff all the time. i still do occasionally but only because i find it funny. i try not to let it interfere with my being entertained. the way i see it, they're tv shows (albeit rly cool, world-immersing type tv shows) written by mere mortals and not doctrine inscribed on clay tablets brought down from on high. with 5 shows all based in the same world at different times in history, naturally mistakes will be made.

they might break canon unknowingly or "bend it" on purpose to enhance a story. it's still a business and they need to keep ratings up. at the end of the day you just have to kind of look at it and say "well canon aside, was it entertaining? was it a good show? and (in my case) did Connor Trinneer take his top off? usually with ENT i can answer all three of those with a yes.
                                But for me the main problem with ENT wasn't this, it wasn't the canon. But the scripts, the direction. It was boring.
                                you just described exactly why i couldn't watch voyager and how i feel about it now. that show just looked and felt so cheaply made compared to TNG and DS9. i'll go back at some point and try it again because it is Star Trek but it's down on my list.
                                Oh I think Voy has much better effects than TNG had. And the music isn't that loud either. Now on the acting part, I think TNG is pretty good, but if I compare it to VOY, VOY is better. On the effects, music part, it's easy to explain, effects were much better in 1995 then they were in 1987. On the music front, thankfully television has changed a lot since the 'we want to show every feeling and happenings with loud music!' era. Now, the acting part... well, acting in television has changed a lot too, if you compare Desperate Housewives to Dallas for example you can see the change. And I can see the same here as well.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X