Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone seem to dislike Enterprise????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    They come home, it's just a matter of Spock going around the ship putting the clocks forward a day.
    Ah. Time travel made easy.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Must agree. Having Earth dates in ENT made perfect sense. In later eras, not so much.
      Come on, people. It's sci-fi. Imagine greater.
      yep. especially once there's a federation, of course an earth calendar would be impractical.

whenever i hear the seemingly nonsensical list of numbers in a stardate i just think "welp it's the future and my primitive cave woman mind isn't supposed to understand it."

almost seems even sillier to find out there's actually a system to it. aside from keeping some sort of chronological order to the episodes, why bother? i doubt the numbers mean much to the majority of viewers.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        I loved the visual effects of Enterprise and most episodes they were great. Especially episodes like "Damage" where they have a massive battle, the ship is damaged and you see bodies floating out of the ship...... That to me gave the show a sense of realism in that space travel may not be so happy and fun..
        SFX were awsome, was watching one episode the other day when the crew was affected by radiation around a black hole, seeing the enterprise fly through a asteroid field blasting the asteroids out of the way was fun to watch, even if it did make the phase cannon seem over powered.

I think the series demonstrated that technology an SFX had move on, whiles the other series seemed to hold back on using CGI an doing anything interesting with it.

Comment

I think Enterprise has its "issues" and I would say of all the star treks it was my LEAST fav series...but that being said I STILL watched every episode cuz well....its STILL TREK!!! LOL I did start enjoying it more as it went on and I got used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I have been rewatching ENT and while I know it gets better with the Xindi arc I think the problem is they were too simliar. Archer or Trip gets kidnapped. Enterprise has a massive plan to rescue them. It happened to much in S1 and S2
            Yes! That's all I remember from the first 2 seasons. Someone gets kidnapped, then they rescue him/her/them, end of epsiode... next episode... someone gets kidnapped... OMG! LOL

sigpic

Comment

I loved the episode "The Communicator"

They should have just shown up at the prison guns blazing with the Suliban ships and not made them invisible........ So what if that contaminated their culture. After all there was no prime directive ...... And it would likely have ended that planets war if they know there are advanced aliens out there with bigger guns..
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Oh man that episode was so bad lol
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Oh man that episode was so bad lol
                  Yeah but it would have been great had they gone in guns blazing with no stupid invisible ship. Honestly listening to T'Pol on that was so wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Yeah but it would have been great had they gone in guns blazing with no stupid invisible ship. Honestly listening to T'Pol on that was so wrong.
                    When is Listening to T'Pol ever a good idea.

Comment

When she's right. Which is often.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        When she's right. Which is often.
                        Sorry but the Vulcans were arrogant and patronising......

Comment

But T'Pol was never terribly representative of the High Command, she even resigned her commission with them before the Xindi mission. And then the Vulcans all changed (praise be to Manny Coto) early in season 4.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            But T'Pol was never terribly representative of the High Command, she even resigned her commission with them before the Xindi mission. And then the Vulcans all changed (praise be to Manny Coto) early in season 4.
                            True but Manny still kept them with a superior kind of attitude..... I'm sure by Kirk's time they had mellowed

Comment

I really got the impression that ent was supposed to be a star trek thats more relavant to modern day, and it was supposed to be a bit grittier and sexier and what not, but that wasn't really relised until season 3 when the Xindi arc showed up.. and I love that season.. but then... just as quickly as the show became good.. it became bad again in the forth season.. pity cos I loved the Xindi arc
                              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Nah....season 3 is what should've been their mediocre first year, vastly improved in the following year

Comment

Working...
                                X