This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise to return for season 5?

I read this on another boad I frequent. She didn't provide a link to confirm but it sounds promising:

To: Art Dept.
    Re: New NX-01 design for updated 'Enterprise' series.

Congratulations. Mr. Rick Berman and Mr. Brannon Braga have seen your redesign of the Enterprise and have approved it.
    Since getting approval from Paramount executives to continue the show where the series left off, both men have decided to honor some of the comments made by many Star Trek fans.

They have kept their chosen design that started the series. However, they have accepted your modifications to fit the time period of Pre-The Original Series (TOS).
    They approve of the gray coloration that was similar to TOS. Thus getting rid of the metallic paneling appearance. Also, they approve of making the nacelles being a cross between their original design and the TOS design.

They are very happy with how you have kept some of the "advanced" ideas such as 'shield grids' and 'phaser/laser emplacements'.

Congratulations, again.
    With their approval of your design they are now able to continue production of the 5th Season of Star Trek: Enterprise.

I'm a skepetic on such things. Its sounds like forum rumors to me. Do you have any official word?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I'm a skepetic on such things. Its sounds like forum rumors to me. Do you have any official word?
      I think this person got some information that is 3 or 4 years old because I remember this exact rumor along with a few others when ENT was facing cancellation half-way through season 4 back in 2004.

One of the other ENT season 5 juicy rumors that brother Fifth talked about on the DS9 superior thread awhile back was that if there was going to be a season 5, Shran was going to join series as regular to be part of Archers crew. That would have been pretty sweet!.

Comment

I aksed her to reveal her source but she hasn't replied yet.

Comment

false alarm

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox View Post
            false alarm

I though so! As far as Paraomunt is concerned the series is over and until someone who likes Bakula and crew comes into power at the studio nothing will happen. I personally would love to see a ROMULAN WAR mini series on the Sci-Fi Channel.

That could happen IF people wanted it to but with a new film thats all the studio cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
              I think this person got some information that is 3 or 4 years old because I remember this exact rumor along with a few others when ENT was facing cancellation half-way through season 4 back in 2004.

One of the other ENT season 5 juicy rumors that brother Fifth talked about on the DS9 superior thread awhile back was that if there was going to be a season 5, Shran was going to join series as regular to be part of Archers crew. That would have been pretty sweet!.
              Brother Weyoun is right. This was the rumor in 2004 (NOT in 2008) when ENT was coming to an end. Trek producers Braga, Berman and Manny Coto fought hard to get at least one more season, but Paramount was'nt having any of it. Myself along with a pretty sizable contigent of online supporters participated in more than a few online petitions along with personally sending emails to try and bring ENT back for a 5th and final season to tie things up.

You are also right about Jeffrey Combs becoming a regular character for the season 5. Brother Fifth and I went to a Trek convention in 2004 where Manny Coto (co-executive producer of ENT) talked about Shran and other pearls they had planned for season 5 if they got the green light.

Comment

The show ended in May, 2005. It's not coming back. The next Star Trek production is a new movie coming out in May of 2009.

Comment

I'm sorry, but this has ******** written all over it. No source, and no official news on the matter says it all for me. Enterprise is over, and this (whatever lame attempt it is) is nothing more than someones joke, or farfetched hope.

As much as I'd like to see Enterprise return for season 5, it just isn't going to happen.
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Its more likely Bewitched will return for a season nine

Comment

it would be cool if it was true enterprise was my favorite season but i heard if the movie goes well they will get more fans and make a new startrek series..I heard that on startrek.com its the offical site of startrek!!!
                      sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if after the movie there is a backdoor miniseries leading into a potential series. Personally, I would prefer a stand alone miniseries. Star Trek needs to rest for another few years.

Comment

Working...
                        X