Favorite battle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite battle?

Mines the fight with the Scimitar on Star Trek:Nemesis. The Sovereign-class kicks butt!

Second best for me is Operation Return (I think thats what its called, from DS9) because its a nice big battle between a lot of ships.

Oh, there are so many!

Movies
    Enterprise vs. Reliant (The Wrath of Khan)
    The Battle of Khitomer (The Undiscovered Country)
    The Battle of Sector 001 (First Contact)
    Enterprise vs. Scimitar (Nemesis)

DS9
    The Battle of Wolf 359 (Emissary)
    The Battle of The Omarian Nebula (The Die Is Cast)
    DS9 vs. The Klingons (The Way of the Warrior)
    Mirror Defiant vs. Regency Bird of Prey and Negh'Var (Shattered Mirror, I think)
    DS9 vs. The Dominion/Cardassian Fleets (Call to Arms)
    The Retaking of DS9 (Sacrifice of Angels)
    The Battle of Chin'toka (Tears of the Prophets)
    The Siege of AR-558 (The Siege of AR-558)*
    The Battle for Cardassia (What You Leave Behind)

* - the only ground battle I include, because it's THAT good.

VOY
    Voyager vs. Kazon Fleet (Basics Part 1)
    The Year of Hell (Year of Hell) - Pretty much constant battling, and it was AWESOME.
    Prometheus vs. Romulans vs. Federation (Message in a Bottle)
    Voyager vs. Equinox (Equinox)
    Vaadwaur vs. Turei (Dragon's Teeth)
    The Destruction of the Transwarp Hub (Endgame)

ENT
    Enterprise vs. Suliban Cell Ships (Shockwave Part 2)
    Enterprise vs. Suliban vs. Tholians (Future Tense)
    Enterprise vs. The Borg (Regeneration)
    Enterprise vs. Duras's Birds of Prey (The Expanse)
    The Battle of the Sphere (Anomaly)
    The Battle for Humanity (Twilight)
    The Battle of Azati Prime (Azati Prime)
    The Battle for Earth (The Council, Countdown, Zero Hour)
    Battle Over New York City (Storm Front Part 2)
    Vulcan vs. Andoria (Kir'Shara)
    Enterprise vs. Romulan Marauder (Babel One, United, The Aenar)
    Defiant vs. Rebels (In a Mirror, Darkly Part 2)
    Fans vs. B&B (These Are The Voyages...)

Comment

/\/\/\That is a truly fantastic list you comprised PG15, well done!./\/\/\
      Originally posted by PG15
      DS9
      The Battle of Wolf 359 (Emissary)
      The Battle of The Omarian Nebula (The Die Is Cast)
      DS9 vs. The Klingons (The Way of the Warrior)
      Mirror Defiant vs. Regency Bird of Prey and Negh'Var (Shattered Mirror, I think)
      DS9 vs. The Dominion/Cardassian Fleets (Call to Arms)
      The Retaking of DS9 (Sacrifice of Angels)
      The Battle of Chin'toka (Tears of the Prophets)
      The Siege of AR-558 (The Siege of AR-558)*
      The Battle for Cardassia (What You Leave Behind)

* - the only ground battle I include, because it's THAT good.
      No one did space battles better than DS9. Everyone of the above mentioned DS9 battles that PG15 so eleoquently stated were awe inspiring and a thing of beauty to watch.

The Seige of AR-558 was really the first and only time where they dedicated an episode to the art of hand to hand/ground fighting on any Trek series. This episode, besides the fighting, is truly one the very best scifi episodes you will ever see from any show or series (Star Trek or not)
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

For me, its a hard choice between 'The battle at Wolf 359' and 'the Dominion War (Sacrafice Of Angels DS9).
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

So many good fights! I wish someone would get all of them together on some uber Star Trek battles video.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
            So many good fights! I wish someone would get all of them together on some uber Star Trek battles video.
            Here's a taste of some of the epic battles that were a part DS9. - Hands down, DS9 had the best space battles ever put on film from any televison show or movie.

This one is done to the great AC/DC song Highway to Hell, it features the USS Defiant.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FmSmyHaCI

This is from the great DS9 episode Sacrifice of Angels
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMSSO...elated&search=

This DS9 one is a compilation, it has a long introduction of the DS9 characters, so stick with it, the space battles come after, awesome!....
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Z65gPYLes

The destruction of the USS Defiant by the Breen.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLW--...elated&search=
            Last edited by Starbase; 03 June 2007, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
              Here's a taste of some of the epic battles that were a part DS9. - Hands down, DS9 had the best space battles ever put on film from any televison show or movie.

This one is done to the great AC/DC song Highway to Hell, it features the USS Defiant.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FmSmyHaCI

This is from the great DS9 episode Sacrifice of Angels
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMSSO...elated&search=

This DS9 one is a compilation, it has a long introduction of the DS9 characters, so stick with it, the space battles come after, awesome!....
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Z65gPYLes

The destruction of the USS Defiant by the Breen.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLW--...elated&search=
              *drools* ...need more battle videos..

Comment

Azati Prime: 2153
                Battle of New York: 2154
                Vulcan Civil War: 2154
                The Wrath of Khan: 2282
                Khitomer Crisis: 2293
                Wolf 359: 2366
                Klingon Civil War: 2367
                A Flagship Battle: 2371
                Kazon Attack 2372
                Sector 001: 2373
                Klingon Attack on DS9: 2373
                Operation Return: 2374
                The Chin' toka Invasion: 2375
                AR-558: 2376
                Unimatrix Zero: 2377
                Reman Nemesis: 2379
                Last edited by Col. Shadow Quinn; 12 June 2007, 07:59 PM.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

The battle from "Sacrifice of Angels" was awesome. all those CG Ships, I wonder how much that entire episode costed.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure that was all model work, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that was all model work, actually.
                      It was a combination of CGI and models actually. Brother Fifth Race and myself have been to quite a few Star Trek conventions. - I remember one in particular where they had a group of special effect guys that worked on DS9 answering questions about this kind of stuff. They told us most of the ships you see are models but when they shot those massive battle scenes they had to use CGI to make it look like there were thousands of various ships involved. They had some large models on display at the convention. - They had a model of the USS Defiant that must have been 6 feet long with detail that was amazing. They also had a Worfs alternate universe Negh'Var class ship on display, that sucker was about 15 feet long and about 7 feet tall. They also talk about some of this stuff in the special features sections of the DS9 DVD Box Sets.

The money spent on special effects for DS9 (especially for seasons 5, 6 & 7) was almost double that of any other Trek series thank's to the writers personal appeals to TPTB with Paramount. It definetly shows in the finished product.

Comment

That is so tough- I might have to go for The Seige of Ar-558, just because it was such an emotional battle. And because we rarely see that kind of ground combat in Star Trek done so well.

As for Space Battles.....there are way too many amazing ones to choose, teh Dominion War ones were fantastic, everything from the second half of Enterprise season three with the Xindi, and of course The Battle of Sector 001 from First Contact.

Though I think "The Fans vs. B&B" might take the cake.

Comment

DS9 used mostly CG models for there space battles. The visual effects school I graduated from has a couple of the artists that worked on them teaching there, and was founded by Jeff Scheetz who worked on Voyager. I have got to hear some cool stories about the DS9 CG models from Dave West who worked on some of the shots (pretty cool guy).

I loved the battle in Nemesis and most of the big battles in DS9.

Comment

Enterprise vs. Reliant. If Khan is Ahab, who is the whale?

Yesterday's Enterprise. Let's make sure that history never forgets the name... Enterprise.

Klingon attack on Deep Space Nine. Klingons off the port nacelle! Scrape 'em off, Ben.

Battle of Sector 001. Open up a can of Borg whuppass!

The Die is Cast. Destruction of the Romulan/Cardassian Fleet. OMG! WTF? We'ze bin had!

Battle of Terok Nor. Defiant vs. Regent's flagship. !esra skcik tnaifeD It's in a mirror.

Operation Return. I'll have my baseball back, if ye don't mind.

Second Battle of Chin'toka. Hey Benny, yer ship's broken. muahahahaha.

That's just the few I can remember at the minute. Enterprise had some excellent battles. My favourite was when Enterprise is pummelled into submission by the Xindi fleet. I can't remember the ep name though. Voyager had good battles as well, but memory's a bit hazy on Voyager.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

*sigh* I miss DS9
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X