X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: New Voyages, Discussion

holy black mumba! if you havent already, check this out

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/800/

i didnt know this even existed, part of me thinks, oh dear god why? but the rest of me is enjoying every minute of it.
    if youve already seen this then what do you think? general fan consensus?
    it's got a lot of faults IMO (mostly technical).
    i almost didnt give it a watch but when you see the amount of people that are involved in this from treks gone by i had to give it a chance.
    the stories are really good and there are lots and lots of trek references for fans to chuckle or roll their eyes at.
    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

There are 80 episodes available on DVD, so I don't see the point in rehashing Star Trek with New Voyages. If I want to see a continuation of Star Trek, I'll watch the six movies.

Comment

New Voyages. whats the problem? whats not to get?
      its just a bit of fun, jees.
      To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

The problem is that it's boldly going where we've gone 40 years ago. It's nothing I haven't seen before. I understand it's a bit of fun, but not everyone is going to be thrilled about it.

Comment

New Voyages or Phase 2 as its now called (after Gene's own idea for a 2nd Star Trek series, showing the progression to what we see in the films) is incredible its so much more than just fun, it literally proves that there are still stories to tell with the original creator's initial vision of the world.

these people for all their lack of budget, manage to create some pretty amazing stuff, I for one wish them all the best.

(now if only stargate horizon could do the same thing, I'd be rediculously happy)

Comment

Working...
          X