No announcement yet.

First Contact as a horror film??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it made me cry, but only because it bored me to tears. I am not a fan of the post TNG trek movies. Mainly because I am not a Picard fan. Now if they had done a DS9 or voyager movie, I would have been thrilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      Well it made me cry, but only because it bored me to tears. I am not a fan of the post TNG trek movies. Mainly because I am not a Picard fan. Now if they had done a DS9 or voyager movie, I would have been thrilled.
      Voyager movie? We got about 3 of those...except they were tv movies.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They weren't TV movies, they were just long episodes.

"Caretaker" (Series Premiere)
        "Dark Frontier" (Season 5 Borg Epic)
        "Flesh and Blood" (Season 7 Hirogen Epic)
        "Endgame" (Series Finale)

Each of these four episodes is equal to a regular two-parter. The difference is that these are ment to be seen as one, long episode, not as two halves.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
          I think it could have worked with the whole opening sequence done better which ends with picard getting woken by his laptop. And then the teams heading for engineering and the crew vs borg sequences could have been made a little darker and scarier.

Anyone else think it could have been done a lot more like a horror film??
          I liked the film, but i think the battke sequence with the cube could have been done a bit better, it seemed to quickly destroyed. I mean cubes are supposed to be uber-ships, they dwarf most other ships in the ST universe but it just seems that the enterpise flies in, the admiral's ship gets destroyed then about 2 mins later so does the cube, the enterprise takes hardley any damage although i would think that it is a big target for the borg, having the only person who can destroy the cube on-board.

I'll go and watch the scene now, and comment again in about 10 mins.
          Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
            I liked the film, but i think the battke sequence with the cube could have been done a bit better, it seemed to quickly destroyed. I mean cubes are supposed to be uber-ships, they dwarf most other ships in the ST universe but it just seems that the enterpise flies in, the admiral's ship gets destroyed then about 2 mins later so does the cube, the enterprise takes hardley any damage although i would think that it is a big target for the borg, having the only person who can destroy the cube on-board.

I'll go and watch the scene now, and comment again in about 10 mins.
            no, i cant see anything ive missed, although
            OFF TOPIC: theres suposed to be the melennium falcon (Star wars) in the battle scene, does anyone know if thats true or not?

ps, sorry about the spelling
            Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

ahh my fave film in the world EVER!!

i'd classify it as a mild horror, though i don't think children would appreciate Data breaking the neck of a Borg drone, though it was cool...or with mutilation process, i think it would give them nightmares...on DVD its a 12 i think...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                theres suposed to be the melennium falcon (Star wars) in the battle scene, does anyone know if thats true or not?
                It's true. It's a small gray blip (which barely looks like the Falcon) near a Akria class ship if I remember right.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                  I think it could have worked with the whole opening sequence done better which ends with picard getting woken by his laptop. And then the teams heading for engineering and the crew vs borg sequences could have been made a little darker and scarier.

Anyone else think it could have been done a lot more like a horror film??
                  I just watched First Contact today. Well, sort of watched it, the website I was watching it on doesn't let you fast forward like youtube and I went back to beginning and didn't want to sit through an hour all over again.

Anyway...I liked the beginning, I actually got scared.

Comment

Working...
                  X