31st Century where's the Federation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31st Century where's the Federation?

Does anyone have a theory on what happened to the Federation between the 29th and 31 centuries??

i'm assuming those who reply are familiar with time travel ep's from voyager, TNG, Enterprise, and DS9

Uhh? Yes I am aware of the time travel eps frome each series. What gives you the idea the Federation no longer exsists in the 31st centuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Uhh? Yes I am aware of the time travel eps frome each series. What gives you the idea the Federation no longer exsists in the 31st centuary.
      Yes, I was under the impression that the Federation was still around. In the Voyager episode "Relativity" I thought that ship belonged to Starfleet.

Comment

^ That ship belong to "The Homosapien's republic of very advanced technology division"

Moving on quickly.....

The federation exists far beyound the usual 24th century, incorporating alien races of the likes of Xindi, others remain shrouded in a haze of mystery, possible every races we know like the Romulans and Cardasians are part in some way to a bigger and more evolved federation.

Oh and starfleet means nothing in relation to the Federation.....starfleet is a division, such as military.....The federation is like say: Europen Union, many races in this case living under the same laws and benefiting and contributing to a greater goal.

Starfleet: military divisions

Federation: Civilian, ie: Archeology division, science division (of which starfleet has it's own but watch "Wrath Of Khan" about military and civvy scientists......damn it bill!!) *ahem*.....You get the idea.
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by AncientsRGods View Post
          Does anyone have a theory on what happened to the Federation between the 29th and 31 centuries??

i'm assuming those who reply are familiar with time travel ep's from voyager, TNG, Enterprise, and DS9
          As far as a theory goes, as to what happens in the Trek universe during the 29th - 31rst centuries, I have never really given it that much thought, although I would love to see a Trek series set in the 30th century.

This is some limited information I got from Memory Alpha.....

29th century
          The Federation timeships Aeon and USS Relativity operate in this timeframe. (VOY: "Future's End, Part II", "Relativity")

In an alternate timeline, Henry Starling, having acquired the timeship Aeon in 1967, travels to Earth in this time. His inexperience with the technology results in a temporal explosion that destroys the Sol system. The explosion was witnessed by Captain Braxton aboard another version of the Aeon. Braxton detects debris from the secondary hull of USS Voyager following the explosion, leading him to believe that Voyager is responsible for the explosion, and travels back to 2373 in order to stop the incident. (VOY: "Future's End, Part I")

The Suliban Cabal's mysterious benefactor is known to originate in this timeframe. (ENT: "Cold Front")

The Na'kuhl, a faction in the Temporal Cold War opposed to the Temporal Accord, escape from the forces of Daniels's faction by using one-way stealth time travel to go to an alternate 1944 Earth. (ENT: "Storm Front, Parts I and II")

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          30th century
          None yet.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          31rst Century
          Daniels is born. By this time, time travel is so commonplace that there are quantum discriminators on every high school desk. (ENT: "Shockwave, Part II")

Daniels, fearing a change in the timeline, transports Jonathan Archer to this time, causing a catastrophic timeline change that wipes out his entire civilization. Returning Archer to 2152 remedies the problem. (ENT: "Shockwave, Part I","Shockwave, Part II")

A 31st century timepod from a faction involved in the Temporal Cold War travels back to the 22nd century. (ENT: "Future Tense")

3074 - In the Delta Quadrant, a Kyrian historian discovers a back-up copy of the Doctor. After he is reactivated, the Doctor corrects the distorted view of the USS Voyager in Kyrian history and precipitates a new harmony between the Kyrian and Vaskan races. After many years as Kyrian Surgical Chancellor, the copy of the Doctor boards a ship and heads for the Alpha Quadrant, to find out what happened to his fellow crewmen and the Voyager. (VOY: "Living Witness")

Far Future

123rd Century
          Radiation levels in the Andromeda Galaxy are expected to reach intolerably high levels within the next ten millennia, according to scientists of the Kelvan Empire. Agents of the Kelvan Empire were dispatched aboard a multigenerational spacecraft to explore the Milky Way Galaxy for possible colonization. (TOS: "By Any Other Name")

500 000 Years from Now
          The androids of planet Mudd cease to function. (TOS: "I, Mudd")

2 Million Years from Now
          Nella Daren's projected star model is either proven or disproven. (TNG: "Lessons")

5 Billion Years from Now
          Sol, the central star of the Sol system, eventually dies and fades to darkness.

60-70 Trillion Years from Now
          If Jack, a genetically-engineered human, was correct, his predicted collapse of the universe will occur. (DS9: "Chrysalis")
          The fight between Lazarus and his counterpart from the anti-matter universe ends with the destruction of the universe. (TOS: "The Alternative Factor")
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            As far as a theory goes, as to what happens in the Trek universe during the 29th - 31rst centuries, I have never really given it that much thought, although I would love to see a Trek series set in the 30th century.

This is some limited information I got from Memory Alpha.....

29th century
            The Federation timeships Aeon and USS Relativity operate in this timeframe. (VOY: "Future's End, Part II", "Relativity")

In an alternate timeline, Henry Starling, having acquired the timeship Aeon in 1967, travels to Earth in this time. His inexperience with the technology results in a temporal explosion that destroys the Sol system. The explosion was witnessed by Captain Braxton aboard another version of the Aeon. Braxton detects debris from the secondary hull of USS Voyager following the explosion, leading him to believe that Voyager is responsible for the explosion, and travels back to 2373 in order to stop the incident. (VOY: "Future's End, Part I")

The Suliban Cabal's mysterious benefactor is known to originate in this timeframe. (ENT: "Cold Front")

The Na'kuhl, a faction in the Temporal Cold War opposed to the Temporal Accord, escape from the forces of Daniels's faction by using one-way stealth time travel to go to an alternate 1944 Earth. (ENT: "Storm Front, Parts I and II")

30th century
            None yet.
            31rst Century
            Daniels is born. By this time, time travel is so commonplace that there are quantum discriminators on every high school desk. (ENT: "Shockwave, Part II")

Daniels, fearing a change in the timeline, transports Jonathan Archer to this time, causing a catastrophic timeline change that wipes out his entire civilization. Returning Archer to 2152 remedies the problem. (ENT: "Shockwave, Part I","Shockwave, Part II")

A 31st century timepod from a faction involved in the Temporal Cold War travels back to the 22nd century. (ENT: "Future Tense")

3074 - In the Delta Quadrant, a Kyrian historian discovers a back-up copy of the Doctor. After he is reactivated, the Doctor corrects the distorted view of the USS Voyager in Kyrian history and precipitates a new harmony between the Kyrian and Vaskan races. After many years as Kyrian Surgical Chancellor, the copy of the Doctor boards a ship and heads for the Alpha Quadrant, to find out what happened to his fellow crewmen and the Voyager. (VOY: "Living Witness")

Far Future

123rd Century
            Radiation levels in the Andromeda Galaxy are expected to reach intolerably high levels within the next ten millennia, according to scientists of the Kelvan Empire. Agents of the Kelvan Empire were dispatched aboard a multigenerational spacecraft to explore the Milky Way Galaxy for possible colonization. (TOS: "By Any Other Name")

500 000 Years from Now
            The androids of planet Mudd cease to function. (TOS: "I, Mudd")

2 Million Years from Now
            Nella Daren's projected star model is either proven or disproven. (TNG: "Lessons")

5 Billion Years from Now
            Sol, the central star of the Sol system, eventually dies and fades to darkness.

60-70 Trillion Years from Now
            If Jack, a genetically-engineered human, was correct, his predicted collapse of the universe will occur. (DS9: "Chrysalis")
            The fight between Lazarus and his counterpart from the anti-matter universe ends with the destruction of the universe. (TOS: "The Alternative Factor")
            Can always count on you Brother Fifth for a ton of great info.

Comment

yea I just re-watched the "shockwave" and in it Daniel's talks about how there was a statue to the federation he never mentions it still exists, he says he is from one faction of the 31st century, not from the 'federation'. And what made me wonder was because the federation had time ships in the 29th century and then comes the 31st century there no mention of the temporal prime directive it's the temporal accord. No federation time ships.

EDIT: Starfleet holds the federation together, Earth is the primary member with it being sector 001. Plus the Starships are responsible for defending the federation

Comment

Originally posted by AncientsRGods View Post
                yea I just re-watched the "shockwave" and in it Daniel's talks about how there was a statue to the federation he never mentions it still exists, he says he is from one faction of the 31st century, not from the 'federation'. And what made me wonder was because the federation had time ships in the 29th century and then comes the 31st century there no mention of the temporal prime directive it's the temporal accord. No federation time ships.

EDIT: Starfleet holds the federation together, Earth is the primary member with it being sector 001. Plus the Starships are responsible for defending the federation
                You have to remember that Daniels was trying to keep Archer's knowledge of the future as limited as possible. He couldn't go around talking about the future so refering to the Federation as a faction was one way to stop possible changes. He never mentioned the Federation, or any other so called faction by name. I

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  You have to remember that Daniels was trying to keep Archer's knowledge of the future as limited as possible. He couldn't go around talking about the future so refering to the Federation as a faction was one way to stop possible changes. He never mentioned the Federation, or any other so called faction by name.
                  Yeah i think it had more to do with Daniels not wanting to give to much info to Archer about the future Federation...
                  Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

i had always assumed something happened to the federation as well, the way daniels talked about it, it seemed like it wasnt around any more, to me at least.
                    but i prefer to think that the temporal agents and the time ships before them are just one branch of starfleet and the federation almost like section 31 but less evil, there probably is still federation ships and the federation but there was no need to mention it in the eps that took place in the 29th and 31st centuries.
                    To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

I hadnt connected future guy to the timefleet era, thank you for that.

They refer to time portals in the 31st and time ships in the 29th. My thought was that between 29th and 31st century they retired the huge ships for time gates. Clearly they can transport large objects from one point in time to another (stormfront 2) without having to exit back in the 31st century and re-enter the portal.

Why build big ass ships when someone back home in the future can click a button and send anything anywhere anywhen?

Edit: Do you think this is what the Q were afraid of humanity for? Clearly mankind has surpassed them while still being meatbags.

Comment

The 31st century humans are no where NEAR surpassing the Q.

The Q can go anywhere in time with a snap of a finger.

Comment

I don't think that Daniel's was working for a federation type organisation, he may have been part of a small group who were using portals to secretly and effectively restore time.

The 29th Century ships we've come used to seeing in few occasions may just be a more evolved federation, they can time skip, but not with the finess as a time portal, and besides they watch the timeline, it seems to me that travelling through time is only used as a last resort when nothing else could help.

If I'm correct wasen't there a timeship from the 27th or 28th century in TNG, abeit stolen of course, but the ship itself was from that time frame originally or was that a lie???
                          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                            If I'm correct wasen't there a timeship from the 27th or 28th century in TNG, abeit stolen of course, but the ship itself was from that time frame originally or was that a lie???
                            It was a small timepod from the 26th century. The time traveller, who claimed he was a historian, was actually a thief from the 22nd century. It seems as though time travel was well established by the 26th century.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                              It was a small timepod from the 26th century. The time traveller, who claimed he was a historian, was actually a thief from the 22nd century. It seems as though time travel was well established by the 26th century.
                              Holy hell, i forgot about that!!!!
                              I wish they had redone that enterprise with the time ship in season 2 to continue it, ala tholian web and thru a mirror darkly.

Comment

Working...
                              X