About the Borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
    First Contact is the best trek film in my opinion, it's warp/vulcan history and plenty of Borg
    It has time travel AND the borg, how can you go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
      Well look at Star Wars, their guns (I take the Blastech A280 for example), need to reload once in 50 shots, and once in 500 shots the gas cartidge.

This means you got a rifle capable of killing one stormtrooper with 1 shot, at severe range, with as much ammo as a P90. I don't know if the P90 can penetrate ST armor, but if you look at where Leia and Luke did their Tarzan hop, they shot a stormtrooper who fell off the floor from the blast of their rifle against the wall behind him! ( and that's the E11 carbine, the A280 is twice as strong) (the E11 has a double clip size though).

Also, they have the Stealth Carbine, a modified DC-15 blaster rifle which can fire invisible blasts (with delays though not full auto), without any sort of visual or audio. Bullets can't beat that!

Also in ANH, the stormtroopers destroy a sand crawler (with tree like support beams) with their T21 support rifles (which can fire continuously with backpack generators).

I'm sure these weapons are far superior than their Goauld/Ori/Wraith/Star trek counterparts though.

I can in all honesty - say I have VERY little idea of what you just said....

But anyway - I remember an ep of DS9 - a projectile weapon that transported its bullet/ammunition to its enemy...something like that?
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

^http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/TR-116_rifle

Comment

The only thing that First Contact lacked was Romulans or Ferengi to
          add some addtional comic relief to the movie.

Other than that, FC is good as it is.
          sigpic

Comment

I love First Contact, followed up by Undiscovered Country. I watch those those most.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien View Post
              It seems ironic to me that many (dare I say most?) futuristic settings involve energy-based weapons, when projectile weapons still prove to be the most effective?

Rather than build laser guns, why not a show with really advanced projectile weapons? Better bullets, fire more powerfully yet quieter, etc.
              I might be stating the obvious but energy based weapons with stun options give writers a lot more room to work with in storylines. Righteous heroes can immobilise enemies and complete objectives without actually killing anyone. Compare to crime dramas where the hero often has to end a criminals life to complete their duty leaving a bitter taste in the mouth. It also avoids corny A-Team style shootouts with spraying bullets and never a successful impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                And also there was an episode of DS9 that dealt with a projectile weapon that Starfleet designed.
                Field of Fire... season 7... Only a prototype was developed .... It was a sniper weapon that used sub space to hide the projectile until it hit the body, creating the impression of being fired at close range....

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                  Field of Fire... season 7... Only a prototype was developed .... It was a sniper weapon that used sub space to hide the projectile until it hit the body, creating the impression of being fired at close range....
                  That is a scary weapon...could you imagine if that tech existed today?

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                    Was it actually a transporter the rifle was equipped with, and the user wore a sensor that could see through walls?
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Did you guys even *look* at the link I provided?!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

You should have introduced the link. I didn't recognize what you were doing.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

lol nope! I wasn't far off though. Kick-ass weapon. It should've been mass produced.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                          X