Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ori and The Borg, what's the Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
    Not to mention different galaxies

Different Decade of creation

Different Century of basis

It gets progressively darker from there

Comment

major difference: the Ori lie to their followers, the borg never lie

also the borg are excellent tennis players
      ...wait...
      ...damn, wrong borg...

anyway...
      on the other hand :
      Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      The Borg however try to assimilate, not kill, and only kill if you do something which is a threat to them.
      TnG, BOBW part 1 : (to Picard) "...you will lower your shields and prepare to beam yourself abord our vessel. if you refuse to cooperate we will destroy your ship"

=> the borg also destroy those who don't comply

and the borg queen did order an infected cube to self-destruct because one single drone onboard was severed from the collective (cf. Unimatrix Zero)

Comment

Borg: We are perfect.
        Ori followers: The Ori are perfect.
        It's a simple, and big, difference.

w00t 700 posts!
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
          ...wait...
          ...damn, wrong borg...
          LMAO.....my Dad always says the same thing whenever the Borg come up in casual dinner conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            LMAO.....my Dad always says the same thing whenever the Borg come up in casual dinner conversation.
            tell him that tennis is irrelevant

Comment

tell him that tennis is irrelevant
              That is EXACTLY what I said.

Comment

major difference: the Ori lie to their followers, the borg never lie

...wait...
                ...damn, wrong borg...

anyway...
                on the other hand :TnG, BOBW part 1 : (to Picard) "...you will lower your shields and prepare to beam yourself abord our vessel. if you refuse to cooperate we will destroy your ship"

=> the borg also destroy those who don't comply

and the borg queen did order an infected cube to self-destruct because one single drone onboard was severed from the collective (cf. Unimatrix Zero)
                She may have ordered the destruction of the ship, but look at what happened after she found a "cure" for the unimatrix drones. Rather than killing, she reassimilated them. Even when they first met the Enterprise, they still worked on assimilation by cutting parts of the ship to assimilate rather than destroy. The Borg will kill, but it's not their highest priority

sigpic

Comment

i agree, borg really want more borg, ori just want followers.
                  u resist borg, they try harder to assimilae you but only kill you if last resort.
                  ori: if you defy them, you die,

Comment

Working...
                  X