The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
    I think you have your Franchise goggles on.

Anything with the name Star Trek on it looks great to you. If I were to show you 'Planet 9 from outer Space' and told you it was called Star Trek you would eat it up and say how great it is.. At the same time you would hate it if you knew it didn't have the name Star Trek in the title.

Open your eyes.

Not at all. I went back and watched a few classic episodes just yesterday...and honestly, if they had a budget like the new movie does...it really wouldn't be all that different.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

elements of the classic series? in other words.

Kirk, Spock, and the enterprise.

the rest of the elements are trash
      I'm sorry, name the other major elements of the Original Series for me.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

They should rename this movie Starship Troopers, featuring Kirk and Spock. Its just like every crappy sci-fi flick out there now. It is no longer the Star Trek we all loved.

Right down to the casting.

Kirk looks like he is on Beverly Hills 90210 and Spock looks like he has Down Syndrome.

When you think Star Trek do you think of Kirk speeding in a vehicle to the edge of a cliff and jumping out like an action hero... C'mon people get real... don't stand for this trash...
        Star Trek was a crappy sci-fi flick. Look at it. It's cheesy, clichéd and really cheesy. Cheesy too. No reason not to love it, but really, it's nothing deep, plot heavy or anything other than symbolism of 1960's fears of Russia and Racism.

And Kirk was a clichéd, womanising, I. talk. like. this. action hero. In Space! It's not like he has massive character depth.

And really, we've not seen these actors play Star Trek before, judging them on what, 10 seconds of film? Amazing.

Comment

Thus far, I like what I have seen. I was a fan of the original Star Trek, and it's many incarnations over the years. This movie will be different in ways, but at it's core, I believe it will still have the feel of Star Trek.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think you have your Franchise goggles on.

Anything with the name Star Trek on it looks great to you. If I were to show you 'Planet 9 from outer Space' and told you it was called Star Trek you would eat it up and say how great it is.. At the same time you would hate it if you knew it didn't have the name Star Trek in the title.

Open your eyes.
            And you don't have the fanboy goggles on? Right kid.

I love how some people think it's up to them to define what "is" and 'isn't" part of a franchise, when they have absolutely no ownership of it. Please spare us your nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
              And you don't have the fanboy goggles on? Right kid..
              Nope, no goggles here. I can look at The Original Trek and say how great it was and how crappy Enterprise is. At the same time I can look at some great Stargate episodes and realize how crappy Ark of Truth was.

So, to answer your question. no, definitely no fanboy goggles from this kid.
              BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Please limit your posts to discussing the topic at hand and refrain from the personal remarks. Thanks.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Some props from the movie: http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/first-i...-star-trek.php

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                    Very interesting. Thanks for posting the link to those photos.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      Thanks for the link! :-D
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                        I just did a thread like this a few months ago.....

again......

I want to see the next Star Trek movie set 200-400 years in the future, where Starfleet is in shambles and is just starting to turn the tide back towards good, crazy tech, very cool Starships, new aliens races and species, to put a new fresh face on Trek........this is a recording.

Don't take offense Abydos, I can and will talk about Star trek day in and day out

Hanks in a Trek movie?, I have to see it to believe it, unless of course he is a die in the wool Trekkie and wants to do it?....that would be very sweet.
                        An alturnative universe one which carries the story on from DS9 would do that

Comment

Some people just seem so willing to bash something before they give it a chance. Like some posters have said, Star Trek needs reinventing. It needs new life. I've always been a big Trek fan...but I know when something needs reworked. So, give it a chance before you knock it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Some people just seem so willing to bash something before they give it a chance. Like some posters have said, Star Trek needs reinventing. It needs new life. I've always been a big Trek fan...but I know when something needs reworked. So, give it a chance before you knock it!

As William Shatner said the problem was Rick Berman & Michael Piller being at the helm for too long. It needed new people in charge with a fresh outlook on the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                              As William Shatner said the problem was Rick Berman & Michael Piller being at the helm for too long. It needed new people in charge with a fresh outlook on the franchise.
                              Now we seem to have that. Let's see what they can do with it.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
                                AMEN! I Agree! But some people want to bash without even giving it a chance. I mean, come on. Its sortta like an 80 year-old bashing computers before they even give 'em a try.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X