The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    Exactly, just think of Daredevil (the movie he was in with the sexy Jennifer Garner)
    One reason why he shouldn't make movies.....only good thing about that movie was its soundtrack.

Comment

There is one thing that can make a prequal work...how about a film depicting the civil war of the vulcans? You know that war that was the turning point in having the one group become logical and the other group running away to become the Romulans.

Always thought that could be kinda cool. Especially considering the fact that the vulcans of that time were telepathic and telekinetic and a lot of books had depicted one warlord (powerful telepathic) controlling a lot of soldiers with his mere thoughts and even that the big craters, strange mountain formations and no water scenario was due to the civil war.

P.S. I am talking about the original books from the original series, not Vulcan's Soul.

P.S.S. I am not THAT old...29 years only, but have read a lot of Star Trek books.

P.S.S.S. Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by NG.1
        There is one thing that can make a prequal work...how about a film depicting the civil war of the vulcans? You know that war that was the turning point in having the one group become logical and the other group running away to become the Romulans.

Always thought that could be kinda cool. Especially considering the fact that the vulcans of that time were telepathic and telekinetic and a lot of books had depicted one warlord (powerful telepathic) controlling a lot of soldiers with his mere thoughts and even that the big craters, strange mountain formations and no water scenario was due to the civil war.
        Nope, a Star Trek movie needs to be about Starfleet, have humans, etc. because that's what Star Trek is about. It wouldn't be Star Trek if it was just about a civil war that happend thousands of years ago on another planet and didn't involve earth or humans at all. It might be an interesting premise for a non-Star Trek movie, but not for Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by NG.1

P.S. I am talking about the original books from the original series, not Vulcan's Soul.

P.S.S. I am not THAT old...29 years only, but have read a lot of Star Trek books.

P.S.S.S. Never mind.
          I wouldn't mind seeing that as a mini series maybe - a two or three parter made for tv. Not too sure about a film.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
            I wouldn't mind seeing that as a mini series maybe - a two or three parter made for tv. Not too sure about a film.
            Okay...here's something else.

In one of those books that I read there was this Vulcan warlord who was basically a bad guy.

Now you all know that if a Vulcan dies his soul gets stored in one of those orb thingies. Now if I remember correctly...in this book they had his orb thingie breaking in the future with the resulting and expecting chaos.

Okay...what I'm trying to say is imagine if this kind of thing were to happen in the prequel movie. This can then go hand in hand with the timeline of Spock's mother and father. Maybe be the reason how Spock's mother and father met and got married and indirectly be the reason why Spock joined Starfleet at the end.

Or maybe my idea is just plain confusing. Just thought I wanted to share it with everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc

I wish they would actually take the mini series approach with Trek. They could wrap up storylines of some of the original characters like Sulu and Chekov quite easily. Does Trek always have to be about Kirk and Spock? I suppose they do have to be in there - I do like Kirk and Spock, it's just sometimes there could be some interesting stories involving some of the other characters as well.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

well...the movie can't be about young kirk and spock on their first mission. if everyone remembers spock was the first officer on the enterprise under capt. Pike, before Kirk was the capt. if i remeber correctly, in the second pilot kirk and spock were on their first mission together...right? even if i'm wrong the enterprise ratings have already shown that we don't want to see a prequil that has nothing to do with the show we love so much.

JJ abrams is a "hip" chose for a writer, but i liked where the original consept for the film was going. i read an article that said the writer of Band of Brother (which is the best ten hour long war movie ever made) was going to be writing the trek 11 script and it was going to be about the earth-romulan war. the one before kirk. now thats a prequil worther seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by john82410
                  JJ abrams is a "hip" chose for a writer, but i liked where the original consept for the film was going. i read an article that said the writer of Band of Brother (which is the best ten hour long war movie ever made) was going to be writing the trek 11 script and it was going to be about the earth-romulan war. the one before kirk. now thats a prequil worth seeing.
                  Agreed, I'd go see that movie aswell.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by john82410
                    well...the movie can't be about young kirk and spock on their first mission. if everyone remembers spock was the first officer on the enterprise under capt. Pike, before Kirk was the capt. if i remeber correctly, in the second pilot kirk and spock were on their first mission together...right?
                    I'm glad you said that. Spock served aboard the Enterprise for eleven years previous to Kirk assuming command. Which means, like you said, their first ever mission was the second pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before."

I would be okay with a movie about the Earth-Romulan war if the film was going to be a prequel.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that the Romulans are a dull enemy, and a prequel would be as lousy as having an entire spin off from SG1 based on the Ancients...?

Follow on from Nemesis directly fcol! I'd like to see the DS9 and Voyager crew taking the lead.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I want to see 1 or 2 more movies with TNG crew
                        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

All I heard was that it's supposed to be about Kirk's academy days. And that it should come out in 2008.

But those "facts" were posted by fans on a Star Trek board, so I dunno.
                          Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel
                            All I heard was that it's supposed to be about Kirk's academy days. And that it should come out in 2008.

But those "facts" were posted by fans on a Star Trek board, so I dunno.
                            Well kids, it's gone beyond speculation now - and casting rumours are flying. The latest rumour with some truth?

Matt Damon as A young James T Kirk.

excerpted today, june 20

June 20, 2006

By theINSIDER's Marc S. Malkin

Will MATT DAMON get beamed up? Could happen. I'm told J.J. ABRAMS is very interested in casting the Oscar-winning Damon as a young Captain Kirk in the upcoming 'Star Trek' movie that he's directing and producing. He's so interested that he's apparently already sought support from the original Kirk, WILLIAM SHATNER. "Shatner gave his blessing," my source says. "J.J. got his approval." Damon first popped up in Trekkie circles as soon as the Abrams-'Star Trek' deal was announced. Rumor had it that the new movie would center on Kirk and Spock's early days at a space academy. "J.J. wants Damon as Capt. Kirk," my source reports. "He really loves the idea."

This is good. And JJ doing the writing and directing. Hmmmm...

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie
                              Well kids, it's gone beyond speculation now - and casting rumours are flying. The latest rumour with some truth?

Matt Damon as A young James T Kirk.

excerpted today, june 20

June 20, 2006

By theINSIDER's Marc S. Malkin

Will MATT DAMON get beamed up? Could happen. I'm told J.J. ABRAMS is very interested in casting the Oscar-winning Damon as a young Captain Kirk in the upcoming 'Star Trek' movie that he's directing and producing. He's so interested that he's apparently already sought support from the original Kirk, WILLIAM SHATNER. "Shatner gave his blessing," my source says. "J.J. got his approval." Damon first popped up in Trekkie circles as soon as the Abrams-'Star Trek' deal was announced. Rumor had it that the new movie would center on Kirk and Spock's early days at a space academy. "J.J. wants Damon as Capt. Kirk," my source reports. "He really loves the idea."

This is good. And JJ doing the writing and directing. Hmmmm...
                              eh, I don't see it happening.
                              sigpic

Comment

Man, I hope you're right. Matt Damon as Kirk? *shudder*

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X