Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRiZ
    JJ's doing it right?

Well, looks like either Kirk and Spock trapped on a weird desert island, or they'll be secret agents going after some 15th century scientist...
    lol ;D
    Either way, I'm gonna watch it -
    Last edited by jazz!; 30 April 2006, 02:43 PM.
    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I generally don't like prequels.

Instead i think the franchise should move into a mini-series format, with a set number of episodes that work to a fully formed plot and conclusion. I think it would allow more freedom. Think about it, in almost every episode of Star Trek (and indeed most TV series) you knew that the ship and main crew would come out alive. In a mini-series anybody/anything could be expendable and you could also look into different aspects of the Star Trek universe with the full knowledge that you wouldn't have to make it last 7 seasons. Some ideas are good for mini-series but wouldn't work for more than a dozen episodes.

Comment

I don't have a major problem with a prequel, though it would make far more sense not to do that... I absolutely hate the idea of a young Kirk/Spock. That's just a bad idea.
        I'd like to see something set in the 24th century, after Nemesis, not with a particular crew but with a few familiar faces, and a few new ones. If it is a success, they can always use the new people in a new series...eventually! and if they can find a plausible way to bring Data back, all the better But only if it is a genuinely plausible reason. Don't just bring him back for the sake of it, please!
        Not too fussy about what the actual plot is, as long as it's well-written. Preferably to do with something we've already heard of in one or more of the series.

I wouldn't like a film about the Academy, but I can see potential in it as a series. See a group of cadets from day one. O' Brien could be in it occasionally, didn't he go back to teach at the Academy at the end of DS9? And I'm sure someone from Voy and TNG must've ended up there at some stage. i'm not talking about regular appearances, but just recurring guest spots. Set in the Academy, it could build up quite a number of well developed guest cast, the way DS9 did. That's one of the things I really liked about it.

There has to be more of a break before they can even think about another series though. IMHO, it's still too early even for a film.

Comment

Surely Tuvok could be at the academy he used to be a teacher, now he has all the voyager experience too, would probably want a settled job so he could have his family with him...
          Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Exactly! There's plenty of people who could make guest appearances, and still let it be a series of it's own.

Comment

I heard a rumour that they wanted Ben Affleck to play the young Captain Kirk. Eeewww! I don't think I would like that AT ALL!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Noooo...that would not be good!
                Someone said earlier about Tom Hanks being in it. I could see that...not as a character we already know, but I think I'd like to see him in a Trek film.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                  Noooo...that would not be good!
                  Someone said earlier about Tom Hanks being in it. I could see that...not as a character we already know, but I think I'd like to see him in a Trek film.
                  That's what I thought, Tom Hanks would make a great secondary character in a Trek film- not one of the leads though.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                    That's what I thought, Tom Hanks would make a great secondary character in a Trek film- not one of the leads though.
                    No... but aside from the fact that I do really like him as an actor, he would pull people into the cinema who wouldn't go to see it otherwise. It could do wonders for the fanbase. If the film is good.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                      No... but aside from the fact that I do really like him as an actor, he would pull people into the cinema who wouldn't go to see it otherwise. It could do wonders for the fanbase. If the film is good.
                      I love his movies to- can't wait for Da Vinci Code, and he has a clear interest in the genre, there was something on SPACE months ago where he was talking about Magnificent Desolation, Apollo 13- and Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                        I heard a rumour that they wanted Ben Affleck to play the young Captain Kirk. Eeewww! I don't think I would like that AT ALL!
                        neither would I, they sould cast an unknown for the role of young Kirk, then he can put he can put is name on map (and become famous) because of ST:XI.

And besides, isn't Affleck a little too old to be casted as young Kirk, I'm just saying.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ben and sci fi just doesn't go together for me. Especially not Ben and Star Trek!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                            Ben and sci fi just doesn't go together for me. Especially not Ben and Star Trek!
                            Exactly, just think of Daredevil (the movie he was in with the sexy Jennifer Garner)
                            sigpic

Comment

O geez! What an aweful idea.... Gigli: The Next Generation...

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                                O geez! What an aweful idea.... Gigli: The Next Generation...

Mattathias
                                That's good, funny, man, funny.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X