No announcement yet.

Most Prized Star Trek Possession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DVD's of course, I never have been to a convention of any kind becuase i should probably get outta the place more *ahem* but yep i love to come home sometimes and just watch my favourite DS9 episodes and forget the 21st century exists for a while........"Die is cast" oooh what a good episode that two parter has some of the best quotes and dialogue ever
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I don't have that many Trek possessions. I did have the Enterprise D kit model, but I gave it away 'cause I couldn't be arsed building it. I guess my incomplete VHS originals of TNG, Voyager (I suppose) and my now complete series of DS9 are my most prized possessions.

Originally posted by Darkstar
      ...."Die is cast" oooh what a good episode that two parter has some of the best quotes and dialogue ever
      I watched this two parter just last week. You're right about the quotes. This one has stuck in my head -

Tain: "How could this happen?"
      Garak: "The fault, dear Tain, is not in our stars but in ourselves. Something I learned from Dr. Bashir."
      -- "The Die is Cast"

So aye, I'm going to try and hold on to my DS9 collection as best as I can.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
        I don't have that many Trek possessions. I did have the Enterprise D kit model, but I gave it away 'cause I couldn't be arsed building it. I guess my incomplete VHS originals of TNG, Voyager (I suppose) and my now complete series of DS9 are my most prized possessions.

I watched this two parter just last week. You're right about the quotes. This one has stuck in my head -

Tain: "How could this happen?"
        Garak: "The fault, dear Tain, is not in our stars but in ourselves. Something I learned from Dr. Bashir."
        -- "The Die is Cast"

So aye, I'm going to try and hold on to my DS9 collection as best as I can.
        Yeah, I love the way they packaged the DS9 sets. That's my favorite packaging for a Trek series on DVD.

Comment

By default.....my fan collective DVD's.

Comment

I wish I could justify the cost of buying the DS9 box set. It was my favorite series, and I still enjoy it on reruns. If I had it, I'd rewatch it from time to time.

Alas, that I don't have an extra $600 sitting around...
            sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien
              I wish I could justify the cost of buying the DS9 box set. It was my favorite series, and I still enjoy it on reruns. If I had it, I'd rewatch it from time to time.

Alas, that I don't have an extra $600 sitting around...
              I absolutly agree, even with DS9 on sale here, they're still unaffordable. The price of Trek on DVD is absolutly ridiculous.

And since it's on tv all the time at the moment, at that price, I find it's not worth buying.

Comment

I agree. Of all the Trek items I have littering every surface of my room, the DVDs are hardest to buy and take the longest. At the moment I only have TNG [which come bi-weekly with a magazine], 2 VOY seasons and 2 DS9 seasons.
                //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

i dont have that much trek stuff ds9 series dvd,the wrath of kahn and films from generations onwards on dvd, over 100 books

Comment

Why do I always forget the movies?

I've got the Time Travel and Klingon Fan collectives, The Voyage Home, First Contact, and Nemesis movies, and.....that's it.

Comment

I have a few things that I prize and a few favorite books. I think my favorite possession is the 1976 version of "The Star Trek Concordance". The one with the interesting cover that rotated. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ges/0345251377)

Number two would be my Mr. Spock Bear. The bear is about 20 inches tall and has pointy ears that fit over the regular bear ears, black pants and boots, blue shirt with Starfleet logo and a tricorder & communicator. (http://images.google.com/images?sour...ve&sa=N&tab=wi)

Number three would be number one, but for an unfortunate accident. It's a porcelain baby klingon doll which broke after being dropped on the floor the very day I got it . Oh well.

Number four--my TNG Enterprise lighted Christmas ornament. (http://www.startrektoys.com/pictures/ms/hal-03.htm)

and last, my copy of Ishmael--the best Star Trek TOS novel (http://www.amazon.com/Ishmael-Star-T...dp/0671743554).
                      Last edited by warmbeachbrat; 23 September 2006, 09:08 PM.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

my most prized stuff would be my signed poster of Data and The Doctor which was signed by Brent Spiner and Robert Picardo

This is what it looks like:

Image Source: RobertPicardo.net

I bought it when Picardo came to Belfast, he brought a bunch of them with him presigned by himself and Spiner and I couldn't resist buying it. I've also got some photos he signed for me when he came here and i've had my picture taken with him.
                        --

I've also got things like VHS, DVDs, books, things like that but nothing is more prized than being to meet him in person and have him sign things for me.

sigpic

Comment

Love the poster!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            my most prized stuff would be my signed poster of Data and The Doctor which was signed by Brent Spiner and Robert Picardo

This is what it looks like:

Image Source: RobertPicardo.net

I bought it when Picardo came to Belfast, he brought a bunch of them with him presigned by himself and Spiner and I couldn't resist buying it. I've also got some photos he signed for me when he came here and i've had my picture taken with him.
                            --

I've also got things like VHS, DVDs, books, things like that but nothing is more prized than being to meet him in person and have him sign things for me.
                            Robert Picardo is such a nice guy. I met him at a convention years ago and he made a great impression on me, I would love to see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                              Robert Picardo is such a nice guy. I met him at a convention years ago and he made a great impression on me, I would love to see him again.
                              Yeah, he's a nice guy. He was joking about how he came to Belfast from Dublin on the Enterprise (the Enterprise is the Dublin to Belfast rail service) and doing his Cowboy imitation from Inner Space, "Women love me. But you know that." I couldn't think of anything to ask him.

sigpic

Comment

Picardo is just the best. One of the best and brightest in Sci Fi.

Comment

Working...
                                X