Star Trek VI Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek VI Mistake

In the special edition dvd in the scene where Col. West is explaining Operation Retrieve, the flip chart shows ships moving into position towards "Rura Penthe", but Kirk and McCoy weren't sentenced to Rura Penthe until later on

Col. West worked for Section 31, & had prior notice that Kirk & McKoy were going to be sentanced there, due to it being part of their Master Plan. Not to mention the fact that they had Agents lurking around, on both sides, giving them a notice on what is happening & what will happen...

Comment

He...he worked for Section 31, was that mentioned in the movie? That'd be really cool if he was, not to mention make sense!
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
        He...he worked for Section 31, was that mentioned in the movie? That'd be really cool if he was, not to mention make sense!
        Well, not Officially, as people can't be 100% sure about Section 31, they managed to cover up Enterprise's Borg Contact, then sent The Raven, along with pre-7 of 9, out to study them, to gain prior knowledge of them...

So, it would seem, that some discontinunuity in the Trek Universe (Such as the Borg/Human Timeline) could be explained (slightly retconned) by activities of Section 31...

Plus, to keep Such Mistakes in Discontinutity correct, it would probably be best to think of it as Section 31, seeing as if you want to be True to trek, and not consider it an error, it would probably be the most true answer to Ockham's razor:

If a tree Falls in a Storm & there's Nobody around to see it; How do we know it has fallen?: Section 31

Plus, if they was no Storm, and the Tree still falls, it would be simplier to think that Section 31 knocked it down, than a Borg attack upon the tree; seeing as Borg assimilate sentient life, plus they're all the way in the Delta Quadrent, but if they did atack, people would probably know about it, unless Section 31 covered that up too, which they did...

It made sense in my head...

Comment

It was in some novel about Col. West I believe.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            It was in some novel about Col. West I believe.
            Really?! I was just Guessing! Sweet...

Comment

How fun that we can just explain all inconsistances on Section 31.

I have to admit I never noticed before, never would have pegged it on Section 31 either as I don't see them the type to just publically assassinate someone rather than getting someone else to do it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X