ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
    I have to say I came across it by accident....didn't even know it was being shown in my local area at all. I came in mid-season 1, with an episode called "Acquisition". Here was this blond guy in his skivvies in Decon.........*evil grin*. Well, I had to find out who he was! And my love for Trip and ENT began.

Being a Trip fan, you can imagine what I thought of the series finale. Gosh, I sure do miss the NX-01 crew.

IHS
    lol! That's the best thing about that episode. Only originally watched the first season, but did watch the final episode, and I wasn't happy either.

Currently, I've made it to S3. Still enjoying ENT. It has it's flaws and so-so eps but surprisingly the show has turned out to be pretty darn good considering I only ever seemed to read how people didn't like it, and figured it must have gotten really bad in S2 and 3 before the talked about turn around of S4.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      lol! That's the best thing about that episode. Only originally watched the first season, but did watch the final episode, and I wasn't happy either.

Currently, I've made it to S3. Still enjoying ENT. It has it's flaws and so-so eps but surprisingly the show has turned out to be pretty darn good considering I only ever seemed to read how people didn't like it, and figured it must have gotten really bad in S2 and 3 before the talked about turn around of S4.
      I quite enjoyed ENT...even the seasons people thought were bad. Of course, I didn't watch it until it was on DVD.

P.S. LoneStar...they're calling for rain in Dallas this weekend!!!
      Last edited by LtColCarter; 31 August 2011, 06:31 AM. Reason: Added PS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        I quite enjoyed ENT...even the seasons people thought were bad. Of course, I didn't watch it until it was on DVD.

P.S. LoneStar...they're calling for rain in Dallas this weekend!!!
        That may have been part of my problem with staying interested in the show when it originally aired...having the week wait time and then the break after S1. I just didn't come back to it. Being able to watch it on Netflix makes it great. Course I think that is true for a lot of shows. I seem to find much more enjoyment in shows when I am able to watch them on dvd and avoid the wait time.

My fingers and toes are crossed for that rain! Houston weather people are calling for a couple of days of 50% chance of rain. And highs in the low 90s. Never thought I'd be so happy to see 90s after over 55 days of 100+.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

If you're watching the show on DVD......checking out the outtakes is a MUST.

My personal least favorite season was S-2. *shrugs* Having said that though, I still count some of those episodes as favorites. For the whumper in me, I really liked "Dawn" and "The Crossing". I liked the Xindi story arc but hubby liked the stand alone episodes better. Hubby's favorite episode I think was S-4's The Forgotten. He usually gets up every 5 minutes when he's watching something, but he sat still for that whole episode.

It's funny but the Mirror Universe episodes weren't exactly liked by the cast members.
          Spoiler:
          at a recent Con, Dominic and Connor were talking about those. Connor was saying the director wanted him to play it like a pirate, so he was all "aargh aargh", and they shot it. The director said, "Yes, just like that!" Connor thought he was kidding......apparently he wasn't. I'm paraphrasing here so the quotes are not exact but you get the idea. Dominic's comments I couldn't even begin to explain! ROFL

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
            If you're watching the show on DVD......checking out the outtakes is a MUST.

My personal least favorite season was S-2. *shrugs* Having said that though, I still count some of those episodes as favorites. For the whumper in me, I really liked "Dawn" and "The Crossing". I liked the Xindi story arc but hubby liked the stand alone episodes better. Hubby's favorite episode I think was S-4's The Forgotten. He usually gets up every 5 minutes when he's watching something, but he sat still for that whole episode.

It's funny but the Mirror Universe episodes weren't exactly liked by the cast members.
            Spoiler:
            at a recent Con, Dominic and Connor were talking about those. Connor was saying the director wanted him to play it like a pirate, so he was all "aargh aargh", and they shot it. The director said, "Yes, just like that!" Connor thought he was kidding......apparently he wasn't. I'm paraphrasing here so the quotes are not exact but you get the idea. Dominic's comments I couldn't even begin to explain! ROFL

IHS
            I've owned the DVDs for quite a while...but I've never watched the outtakes...I'll have to take a look. Thanks for telling me about those!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not watching on dvd but they are on YouTube. lol. They are great.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

I love Enterprise and everything about it - the development of technology, NX-01 was closer to today´s Navy ships than the flying hotel that was Enterprise D. They used shuttles, had computers closer to ours, and I loved character development, which is something that we had a chance to see on DS9 and only some exceptional characters in other shows. Archer, Trip, T´Pol (an alien babe, noted but still had some development), even Hoshi and Malcolm, who were pushed back a little, grew as characters. Except poor Travis, I think all of them got a good share of a character development. But the most notable change is with Archer who went from "huraay" explorer to a careful and more serious military commander.

And btw., Scott Bakula was 51 in the last season and he is 57 today and he hasn´t changed AT ALL. It should be a crime to look that good But I guess it is a feature all ST captains share. I met Patrick Stewart last weekend and geez, that man looks great for 71!

If it wasn´t the last episode where they made an idiot from Trip and when they turned it into TNG episode (seriously, did anyone care about some Riker´s decision YEARS after TNG ended?), I would say Enterprise was perfect. I think it is in the first place along with DS9 as the best ST - maybe even higher than DS9

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I hate that it went under when it did, it was just finding it's stride.
                  sigpic
                  Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                    And btw., Scott Bakula was 51 in the last season and he is 57 today and he hasn´t changed AT ALL. It should be a crime to look that good
                    He's still got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                      And btw., Scott Bakula was 51 in the last season and he is 57 today and he hasn´t changed AT ALL. It should be a crime to look that good But I guess it is a feature all ST captains share. I met Patrick Stewart last weekend and geez, that man looks great for 71!
                      I had no idea that Bakula was that old and had no idea that Stewart was that old. Dang...they look excellent for their respective ages.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

People only realize the true potential of something/anything when its taken away. Same with SGU.

And look where we are today ? no space based scifi on tv.

Comment

I was kinda sad after I finished watching all 4 seasons that ENT didn't get another season. I really enjoyed watching it. (Thought SGU should have gotten another as well.)
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

I was YouTube the other day and found a bunch of Star Trek music videos that I ended up downloaded and thought I would share some of the ones that I thought were worth sharing.

Here are the Enterprise ones:

Star Trek: What Could Have Been

Star Trek Enterprise - Shattered

Star Trek Enterprise Wind Of Change - Tribute Music Video

Star Trek Enterprise RoCkStArS

Star Trek:Enterprise - I feel Love

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I love Scott Bakula in Men of a Certain Age as well.

The only one of the cast I haven't been able to keep track of is Jolene Blalock. I wonder what she's doing these days?

IHS
                              sigpic

Comment

I've seen every episode of ENT, good and bad, but for the most part, I love this series. Love love love love love. It's one of those that only got better!.. and then it got canceled.
                                /grumps

Yesterday when I picked up Season 3 of SG-1, I spotted Season 4 of ENT on the shelf and I couldn't help myself.. I picked it up. And watched like four episodes last night. But it was such a great season! It only made the cancellation ever-more disappointing! :C

I also feel like stating here that I loved Trip/T'Pol as a couple almost as much as Odo/Kira (of DS9). By that fourth season it was just perfect.

Has anyone ever read the books by Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels that kind of "continue" (properly) the series? It's a great, great alternative to that horrid series finale they gave us. Romulans... government conspiracy... Trip/T'Pol... it's pretty fantastic. |3 The books are:
                                The Good That Men Do
                                Kobayashi Maru
                                The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing
                                And coming out on October 25th... TRW: To Brave the Storm
                                (Super excited!! )

Comment

Working...
                                X