No announcement yet.

ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting the pictures. Some serious ENT eye candy there.
    sigpic

Comment

The more I watch enterprise the more I like it. It's one of those series that I think gets better with age.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
        The more I watch enterprise the more I like it. It's one of those series that I think gets better with age.
        With ENT, I think UPN simply wasn't geared towards making it a success when it first aired. The network was moving away from the staple sci-fi shows that put it on the map in the 90s. You're correct that only now, after the show is already over, that its true quality is noticeable. The first two seasons, unfortunately, didn't help the show at all. Season 3 and 4 though were brilliant. I sometimes ponder what could have been going on in season 5 had the network and show not folded.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          With ENT, I think UPN simply wasn't geared towards making it a success when it first aired. The network was moving away from the staple sci-fi shows that put it on the map in the 90s. You're correct that only now, after the show is already over, that its true quality is noticeable. The first two seasons, unfortunately, didn't help the show at all. Season 3 and 4 though were brilliant. I sometimes ponder what could have been going on in season 5 had the network and show not folded.
          I think seasons 3 and 4 are close to the best Trek seasons of any Trek series. I am certainly warming more and more to seasons 1 and 2.
          Yes a season 5 I think would have been great. Unfortunately though I thought the finale was a stinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
            I think seasons 3 and 4 are close to the best Trek seasons of any Trek series. I am certainly warming more and more to seasons 1 and 2.
            Yes a season 5 I think would have been great. Unfortunately though I thought the finale was a stinker.
            The "finale" is an episode I have refused to watch ever since it first aired. I have watched it once and once only as it was that bad. Though many ST fans disagree on various things, I think most will agree that the finale was quite badly written. Two people can be held responsible for that, and unfortunately they were allowed to control ENT for far too long.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree that the finale of ENT was a mess, even the actors seemed not to care. It's one that I won't be watching when the disks come in from netflix.

Comment

The "finale" is an episode I have refused to watch ever since it first aired. I have watched it once and once only as it was that bad. Though many ST fans disagree on various things, I think most will agree that the finale was quite badly written. Two people can be held responsible for that, and unfortunately they were allowed to control ENT for far too long.
                I don't blame you. It's was the worst idea for a season finale. They should have just ended it with Terra Prime. If they had at least had the episode take place on the Titan for example, instead of shafting it onto the Enterprise-D, then I may have taken more kindly to it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I don't blame you. It's was the worst idea for a season finale. They should have just ended it with Terra Prime. If they had at least had the episode take place on the Titan for example, instead of shafting it onto the Enterprise-D, then I may have taken more kindly to it.
                  The Terra Prime arc was a fairly good note to end on but that...thing they decided to end with...ugh. I like it about as much as I would like a staph infection.
                  Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 19 May 2010, 01:52 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Can't say I like TATV as much as the rest of ENT either. For me, Terra Prime's the finale and TATV is a sub-standard bonus episode... The best bit about TATV was seeing Riker again.

But I love Enterprise, it's actually my favorite Trek show these days.
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked the chemistry in the early shows between Captain Archer and the vulcan...Enterprise is great, pity it stopped
                      http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                        I liked the chemistry in the early shows between Captain Archer and the vulcan...Enterprise is great, pity it stopped
                        What's great about ENT was that the mistrust and antagonism between the Vulcans and Humans in that time period was that the Vulcans we knew in Spock's time and later weren't the Vulcans in ENT. We saw that play out with the Vulcan Reformation, an arc I thought that was one of the best in Trek lore.
                        sigpic

Comment

What's great about ENT was that the mistrust and antagonism between the Vulcans and Humans in that time period was that the Vulcans we knew in Spock's time and later weren't the Vulcans in ENT. We saw that play out with the Vulcan Reformation, an arc I thought that was one of the best in Trek lore.
                          I concur
                          sigpic

Comment

I knew there had to be an ENT thread somewhere....

Now that I've finished my rewatch of TNG and am having to wait for DS9 to show up on Netflix streaming in Oct, I decided I'll go with this one.

I watched the first season of ENT when it originally aired but then ditched it even though had faithfully watched TNG, DS9, and VOY. Can't remember exactly why though. I guess because it didn't hold my attention enough to warrant the time to watch it considering what RL stuff I was doing at the time.

I've made it as far as ep 16 Fusion in season one, though don't remember the vast majority of what I've seen so far. But surprisingly I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien View Post
                            I think Enterprise had potential. The crew didn't have a lot of the boundaries that limited the other Trek crews, because Starfleet wasn't established, and the rules simply hadn't been written. I like that the show was more rugged and less built on formality then other Treks.
                            This is one of the main reasons why I'm liking it so far. Plus I'm in a Star Trek frame of mind. I'm going into it trying to enjoy it even though ENT gets a bad wrap. Another plus so far the amount of technobable is kept to a minimum. That got soooo tiring to listen to on TNG. Oh and I'm not a stickler for ST canon so I could care less what canon rules they break because I won't realize they broke it.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

The ENT mirror universe 2 parter is in my top 11 favourite star trek episode list

I also thought the terra prime arc and alla episodes involving the Andorians were the best. Im a bit conflicted over the Vulcan episodes. I liked the idea of Vulcan socioty undergoing change storyline but it also annoyed me simply cause Vulcans are a long lived species and ENT isnt that far behind TOS so for that amount of social upheaval to occur in ENT and then be smoothed over by TOS didnt seem logical. Or maybe i am misremebering and think the social upheaval was a bigger event than it was?

The only downside to ENT that i can see is that it didnt do more of what it did with the Andorians. That is the Andorians are long term member of the federation and there is always mention of them or you see a couple hanging about in the background but before ENT we knew next to nothing about their history/socioty/culture. Enterprise did very well with showing us more about them. By portraying the first contact and subsequent interactions between Andorians and humans we got to learn a lot about them at the same time that the ENT crew were learning about them so it also felt natural.

Its a shame they didnt do that with the other races like the Telarites or the Bolians that were familiar to viewers from the other trek series but little was known about them. I was actually expecting them to do this since the strange new races the ENT crew encountered on their explorations should logically be familiar races to those that have seen the other trek series but instead they encountered strange new races that had never been heard from before and never would be again. How disappointing it was

But at least i have the Andorian episodes and mirror universe eps to make up for it
                              (Oh and terra prime arc mustnt forget that)
                              Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

How in the world did I miss this thread all this time?

The part of the country where I live did not even have a UPN outlet, so I had to watch the show on a CBS affiliate late night on Saturdays. I think that was a part of the problem......I can remember people even saying that ENT got pre-empted in certain markets for sports and such.

I have to say I came across it by accident....didn't even know it was being shown in my local area at all. I came in mid-season 1, with an episode called "Acquisition". Here was this blond guy in his skivvies in Decon.........*evil grin*. Well, I had to find out who he was! And my love for Trip and ENT began.

Being a Trip fan, you can imagine what I thought of the series finale. Gosh, I sure do miss the NX-01 crew.

IHS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X