ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    Archer's character changed drastically over the course of the 4 seasons. Only Sisko had that level of character development.
    I think Archers character developement and change is much more realistic in how under adversity a person with the weight of the world on his shoulder can affect them. Unlike the others captains in other Trek series who had a well established prime directive, Starfleet protocals and fancy technology to get them out of trouble, Archer had none of that. So he relied on wit, skill and determination to achieve his goals.

Certainly the war with the Xindi changed him dramatically, and this change can be seen in season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
      I think Archers character developement and change is much more realistic in how under adversity a person with the weight of the world on his shoulder can affect them. Unlike the others captains in other Trek series who had a well established prime directive, Starfleet protocals and fancy technology to get them out of trouble, Archer had none of that. So he relied on wit, skill and determination to achieve his goals.

Certainly the war with the Xindi changed him dramatically, and this change can be seen in season 4.
      He truly was a pioneer. And as for his changes, they were very believable with all he had gone through.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sisko went from a man of science to a believer in the Prophets to a god.
        Archer went from an explorer to a jaded killer... er... battle-weary warrior.

My favourite characters were T'Pol, Phlox and Reed. If only I had an episode with the three of them as the focus.

Despite liking the series, the way Hoshi and Mayweather were treated was atrocious. Travis had the worst storylines [all of 2 episodes] and both he and Hoshi had little screen time. Hoshi was redeemed at the end of the Xindi arc as well as during the Klingon two parter, but Travis got shafted. Even his 'relationship' with the infiltrator journalist in 'Demons/Terra Prime' sucked. He should have been the one for whom deep space was 'been there, done that', giving advice, etc. Instead, he just piloted the ship and the shuttles. His best episode was 'Dead Stop where the focus was on his death.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          He truly was a pioneer. And as for his changes, they were very believable with all he had gone through.
          I really admire Archer, and if I was part of his crew I would follow him to the end of the galaxy.

Comment

My favourite characters were T'Pol, Phlox and Reed. If only I had an episode with the three of them as the focus.

Despite liking the series, the way Hoshi and Mayweather were treated was atrocious. Travis had the worst storylines [all of 2 episodes] and both he and Hoshi had little screen time. Hoshi was redeemed at the end of the Xindi arc as well as during the Klingon two parter, but Travis got shafted. Even his 'relationship' with the infiltrator journalist in 'Demons/Terra Prime' sucked. He should have been the one for whom deep space was 'been there, done that', giving advice, etc. Instead, he just piloted the ship and the shuttles. His best episode was 'Dead Stop where the focus was on his death.
            Yeah Travis didn't get as much screen time as he should have, he was a fine pilot.

I must admit I have a big crush on Hoshi, I think she is so cute

Comment

going to start my enterprise re-watch Saturday

Comment

Yeah Travis didn't get as much screen time as he should have, he was a fine pilot.

I must admit I have a big crush on Hoshi, I think she is so cute
                Who would have thought she had a "little" bit of an evil side to her?

Also, where has this thread been hiding?

I had no idea it existed till now. ENT is probably my least favorite star trek series, but I still watch it when it's on. Archer is one of my favorite captains though. I wish we could have got more seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  Who would have thought she had a "little" bit of an evil side to her?

Also, where has this thread been hiding?

I had no idea it existed till now. ENT is probably my least favorite star trek series, but I still watch it when it's on. Archer is one of my favorite captains though. I wish we could have got more seasons.
                  Apologies Trek_Girl, I too had no idea that this thread existed thats why I thought I'ld start one. But now this is here I am happy to be a part of it

Comment

AND it's ironic that the Trek series that gets the least love is now the only one that's still canon.
                    That made me chuckle.

Travis was a dull character, but from what little we saw of Hoshi I always really liked her- and I LOVED that she got command of the ship in Terra Prime (after being so terrified of the whole thing in the first episode). So she did actually have a story arc in the series, albeit a small one. And she was just awesome in the mirror universe.

Apologies Trek_Girl, I too had no idea that this thread existed thats why I thought I'ld start one. But now this is here I am happy to be a part of it
                    I'm just glad that Enterprise is getting some love.

Comment

Mirror Hoshi and Mirror Travis as the rulers of the Terran Empire... Fitting. Almost like the writers realized that, to be opposite to the 'real' universe, they had to matter in the alternate one.
                      I really hate people ragging on ENT. It was no TNG s3-7, but no other Trek series can match TNG. DS9 comes close, but still...
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Enterprise was what brought me into Star Trek. I loved it! I still do. Its the only series I've seen 5 times through. Seasons 1 and 2 had some great episodes but I really like 3 and 4 because they were more arc oriented and had better story-telling. Being a writer myself, I'm writing the would have been season 5-10....yes season 10 so I can completely do the Romulan War. I also have a few standalone books for after that for the beginning years of the Federation. Enterprise did have its weaknesses but I still think it was a strong series and just not given a chance by the fanbase. It gots its footing in season 4 and really showed its true colors. I firmly believe the show could still be on today (it'd be starting its 9th season this September) It had promise but wasnt given room to breath. I'm glad there are others out there who love the show as well.
                        These Are the Voyages....sucked as a finale. However, by reading "The Good that Men Do" and "Kobayashi Maru" its not so bad. But I'm writing it a different way
                        There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                          Enterprise was what brought me into Star Trek. I loved it! I still do. Its the only series I've seen 5 times through. Seasons 1 and 2 had some great episodes but I really like 3 and 4 because they were more arc oriented and had better story-telling. Being a writer myself, I'm writing the would have been season 5-10....yes season 10 so I can completely do the Romulan War. I also have a few standalone books for after that for the beginning years of the Federation. Enterprise did have its weaknesses but I still think it was a strong series and just not given a chance by the fanbase. It gots its footing in season 4 and really showed its true colors. I firmly believe the show could still be on today (it'd be starting its 9th season this September) It had promise but wasnt given room to breath. I'm glad there are others out there who love the show as well.
                          These Are the Voyages....sucked as a finale. However, by reading "The Good that Men Do" and "Kobayashi Maru" its not so bad. But I'm writing it a different way
                          Same here. Though I had seen an ep of Voyager beforehand. But Enterprise was my real into to Trek. And I've seen it five times through as well- thank you SPACE.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Same here. Though I had seen an ep of Voyager beforehand. But Enterprise was my real into to Trek. And I've seen it five times through as well- thank you SPACE.
                            i kind of grew up on reruns of tng, never really saw much of ds9 till recently, sort of followed voyager but ent was the first trek i anticipated before it started and then watched it from the beginning

it may have had its flaws but was definetely worth watching and its shame it didnt reach the standard 7 series' these are the voyages was disapointing though

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                              i kind of grew up on reruns of tng, never really saw much of ds9 till recently, sort of followed voyager but ent was the first trek i anticipated before it started and then watched it from the beginning

it may have had its flaws but was definetely worth watching and its shame it didnt reach the standard 7 series' these are the voyages was disapointing though
                              While it did lack in some areas, I actually enjoyed a lot of the episode. More than most apparently.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                While it did lack in some areas, I actually enjoyed a lot of the episode. More than most apparently.
                                I'll be the first to say that I loathed Enterprise (after years of counsel I've been able to endure the canon violations much easier), but I'll also be the first to say that I think that the show should have had its own send-off. It should have been a conclusion to what was trying to be accomplished with the show and an emotional farewell to the characters, not a rehash of a TNG episode (though I must confess to some rampant giddiness at seeing the Ent-D in modern CGI glory.) I think this would have been a good idea for a stand alone episode, not the series finale. I, like you, enjoyed aspects of the episode, but I would think it was in poor taste to have it as the finale. If the show made it to a 100th episode, I think this would have been a good idea for a 100th episode special.

Comment

Working...
                                X