ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
    You know, I almost think that B&B didn't watch season 4 of Enterprise before they wrote that finale. Maybe that's why it was so disjointed from the rest of the season (and series). It's not like they wrote much else in season 4.
    Did they even write anything else in season four? It was just terribley disjointed, made absolutely no sense, and I think any other writer on the show would have done better. Manny Coto should have been the one to write it, he was responsible for many of the series best episodes, and the fantastic turnaround in seasons three and four after the mostly boring second season.

Comment

Awww...I just watched Dear Doctor
      Spoiler:
      And do we ever see anything more between him and that captian, ensign, what's-her face (her name has escaped me)?

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
      hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
      OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
        Awww...I just watched Dear Doctor
        Spoiler:
        And do we ever see anything more between him and that captian, ensign, what's-her face (her name has escaped me)?
        Ooh, that's one of my favourite episodes, in answer to your question

Spoiler:
        Crewman Cutler? Yes we do, but I think she was only in three episodes total- wonderfully likeable in all of them. She was supposed to be in the second season a lot more, however the actress died suddenly.

Comment

OMG!!!

Spoiler:
          The actress died! Not just the character!

well that sucks.

:O Yeah, I meant crewmen cutler.

Spoiler:

hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
          OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

OMG!!!

Spoiler:
            The actress died! Not just the character!

well that sucks.

:O Yeah, I meant crewmen cutler.
            Yeah, she was really young, I forget what happened.

Comment

She died due to an undiagnosed cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) and it probably resulted in a cardiac arrest. She was only a year older than me as well.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

That's horrible!

Well, While taking in the beutiful surroundings in sunny Playa del Carmen Mexico, I worked on catching up on my Enterprise.

These are the eps I watched:
                Spoiler:

Unexpected- OMG, I love trip even more now (Dr Phlox: "You might be putting those nipples to use!")

Shadows of P'jem- (a little dissappointed with this ep)
                Shuttlepod one- "you liked when I said Stinky...didnt you!"
                Fusion- I really want to see them expand on these Vulcans with feelings
                Rogue Planet- It was ok, not one of my favs though
                Aquisition- teehee Ferengi, nuff said
                Oasis- lol, I loved the line Trip said when he says "...and what if she gets hurt, who ever heard of a holo-doctor?"
                VoxSola
                Fallen Hero
                Desert Crossing
                2 days and 2 nights- I think this is one of my favs so far.
                Trip: "They were gorgeous aliens, dont forget gorgeous!"
                Malcom: "They were Male!!!"
                Trip: "not at first!"

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

That's horrible!

Well, While taking in the beutiful surroundings in sunny Playa del Carmen Mexico, I worked on catching up on my Enterprise.

These are the eps I watched:
                  Spoiler:

Unexpected- OMG, I love trip even more now (Dr Phlox: "You might be putting those nipples to use!")

Shadows of P'jem- (a little dissappointed with this ep)
                  Shuttlepod one- "you liked when I said Stinky...didnt you!"
                  Fusion- I really want to see them expand on these Vulcans with feelings
                  Rogue Planet- It was ok, not one of my favs though
                  Aquisition- teehee Ferengi, nuff said
                  Oasis- lol, I loved the line Trip said when he says "...and what if she gets hurt, who ever heard of a holo-doctor?"
                  VoxSola
                  Fallen Hero
                  Desert Crossing
                  2 days and 2 nights- I think this is one of my favs so far.
                  Trip: "They were gorgeous aliens, dont forget gorgeous!"
                  Malcom: "They were Male!!!"
                  Trip: "not at first!"
                  Ooh, good eps in there! Shuttlepod One is my favourite episode, the dialogue and acting in that ep is just so wonderful and I loved watching the relationship between Trip and Reed. LOVE Unexpected. The alien culture actually did feel alien. Two Days and Two Nights was just plain fun. Loved the stuff with Phlox especially. Aquisition- now there's an ep I can just watch over and over.

Desert Crossing I didn't really like, and now it really pisses me off since I've seen the main guest actor from that ep on Carnivale- he's a fantastic actor and they really wasted him.

Comment

lol...Phlox

Spoiler:
                    I dont care how it tastes!!

Yeah, I really didnt like desert crossing.

I still really dont like Malcom though...I dont know why, but he just doesnt sit right with me. He and trip are funny as a pair though.

Spoiler:
                    like with the Burbon...lol. Talking about T'pol's bum

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

I have never posted in here but have been a fan since it started. I have rarely found someone who loved the finale of Enterprise and so I guess my wife and i are the only ones. I hated that Trip died but at least he died a heroes death. IMO season 4 was one of the best seasons and the finale was very touching and very well done.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        I have never posted in here but have been a fan since it started. I have rarely found someone who loved the finale of Enterprise and so I guess my wife and i are the only ones. I hated that Trip died but at least he died a heroes death. IMO season 4 was one of the best seasons and the finale was very touching and very well done.
                        Hehe, I can probably count on one hand the number of people who the finale out of hundreds of comments that I've read. Good to know someone liked it. But yes, the rest of season four was wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                          Hehe, I can probably count on one hand the number of people who the finale out of hundreds of comments that I've read. Good to know someone liked it. But yes, the rest of season four was wonderful.
                          Same but I understand why some didn't like it. I think even though Trip died he died a hero which didn't bother me, neither did the connection with Next Gen. I guess it comes from the fact that my favorite Trek shows in order are, Enterprise,Next Generation,DS9,Voyager and TOS. The old show is the weakest IMO and the story about establishing the Federation and the montage of the three captains gave a sense of finality to the show but a sense of the future as well. Even though the whole ep was a holodeck simulation in gave us alot more insight than a typical ep. Great end to a great show IMO.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Same but I understand why some didn't like it. I think even though Trip died he died a hero which didn't bother me, neither did the connection with Next Gen. I guess it comes from the fact that my favorite Trek shows in order are, Enterprise,Next Generation,DS9,Voyager and TOS. The old show is the weakest IMO and the story about establishing the Federation and the montage of the three captains gave a sense of finality to the show but a sense of the future as well. Even though the whole ep was a holodeck simulation in gave us alot more insight than a typical ep. Great end to a great show IMO.
                            That montage was beautiful. I actually shed a tear for it that wasn't one of the tears shed at the horror of the rest of the episode.

Spoiler:
                            I don't mind that Trip died. I like it when main characters are killed off- when done well it's good for the drama of it. It's the way that it was done. He has gotten out of far tighter jams than that. He could of thought of many different and better ways of dealing with that situation. That scene showed that he was a panicing hothead? I don't buy it. And then there was that horrific wink after? I was expecting it to result in some sort of weird time travel trip or something the way they pushed him into the decon chamber like that..... Why wink like that? Oh, and his injuries made absolutely no sense. If he caused that much damage to the ship and killed all those aliens, his hands and face should have been blown off. He should have died instantly. And that's one of my lesser complaints for the episode.
                            Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 01 August 2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

OMG!!! *averts eyes* Spoiler tags pleeeeeease people!

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X