Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oranos
    Poor Data. My favorite from TNG.

His death was fitting, though. Data's quest to become more human ended with quite possibly the ultimate act of humanity; sacrificing himself for his friends and crewmen.
    Absolutly- that was why I liked Nemesis, whatever other problems that movie had (and there were quite a few) were redeemed by Data's death, and the performances of Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner. Data needed to die, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      She was in quite number of episodes- she even had kittens once. And she was also in the Generations movie (she survived the crash of the Enterprise) and she was in a deleted scene in Nemesis, where we learned that Worf was going to look after her.
      If I'm not mistaken, she wasquickly in Nemesis, in the scnene where B4 hacks the Enterprise computer. All I remember is B4 suddenly turning on to find Spot in his lap (obviously he had been mistaken for Data) and then Spot runs off.

The last we ever saw of her.
      scifiultraists.0catch.com
      Science Fiction news, reviews, and more

Comment

Originally posted by GeniiPrior111
        If I'm not mistaken, she wasquickly in Nemesis, in the scnene where B4 hacks the Enterprise computer. All I remember is B4 suddenly turning on to find Spot in his lap (obviously he had been mistaken for Data) and then Spot runs off.

The last we ever saw of her.
        Really? I don't remember that.....

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          Data's cat named Spot won me a radio grand prize contest back in 1990. I had qualified for the finals by answering 9 out of 10 Star Trek questions right so they brought me and 3 other qualifiers into the radio stations studio to have a Trek trivia contest live on the air. It came down to giving the name and breed of Data's cat. Only one other person other than myself was able to name the cat and I was the only one who remembered that it was a Tabby . I ended up winning a very cool prize package that included a Burton Snow Board, a 3 night all inclusive stay at a suite in Squaw Valley (Lake Tahoe) and $2,500 in cash to spend. God Bless Data and his wonderful cat Spot!.
          I remember that brother Fifth, I also remember you had just had back surgery and couldn't use the skiing trip so you gave it to your brother and his wife if I remember right.

You aced that trivia contest, I remember the woman who also answered 9 out of 10 missed the Data's cat question because she couldn't think of the breed, I think she said it s Garfield/Morris cat, which is sort of right but not the breed.

Comment

Data is one of the best sci-fi characters ever imo. He is so deep, and its a treat to see how he becomes more human over the series. Long live Data
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Y'know, before we finally got our paws on season 1 of TNG, I'd been wondering how on Earth a goofball like Brent Spiner played an emotionless android without having his comic nature backing up and causing him to explode.

But now that I see him in the show again... my WORD, he's funny! I'd forgotten just how comical Spiner was on screen! The funniest thing about it is that the character never tries to be funny - he just is. I love that type of humor.
              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                But now that I see him in the show again... my WORD, he's funny! I'd forgotten just how comical Spiner was on screen! The funniest thing about it is that the character never tries to be funny - he just is. I love that type of humor.
                Spiner was rather funny without really trying playing Data, he was also rather evil and rather disturbing when he played Data's evil twin Lore.

Data was rather spastic and had a little bit more charisma to his character in season I of TNG. Then by season II and beyond TPTB tweaked his character and he became more andriod like.

Comment

Oh... well, that partially explains why I don't remember him being so funny.

But I'll love 'im anyway. He's just so loveable.
                  [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Data also knew the Vulcan nerve pinch(it was used by spock alot). Data was a really great character.
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X