Most Intelligent Star Trek Actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmiller1610
    You really must see the last three rounds to see how sharp and worldy wise Picardo and Burton are. They tend to adjust the questions to fit the players and they got really tough with our Trekkie brainiacs. As most of you know Levar Burton started the reading rainbow program on PBS. Shatner came across as a real dolt.
    I loved Reading Rainbow, actually a good kids show- I take it that came after he was in Star Trek- or during?

Comment

Reading Rainbow has been running for 23 years, since the latter part of NextGen's run ...... Very impressive Mr. Burton .....

http://pbskids.org/readingrainbow/index.htm

Reading Rainbow is an acclaimed American children's television series aired by PBS since 1983. It is produced by On Screen Entertainment for executive producers WNED and Great Plains National.

Original production was thought to have ended in 2005, with the show continuing to air in reruns, but host LeVar Burton said on February 7, 2006, that five new episodes of the show will be shot in 2006, despite the continuing financial troubles of PBS

Comment

Reading Rainbow has been running for 23 years, since the latter part of NextGen's run ...... Very impressive Mr. Burton .....

http://pbskids.org/readingrainbow/index.htm

Reading Rainbow is an acclaimed American children's television series aired by PBS since 1983. It is produced by On Screen Entertainment for executive producers WNED and Great Plains National.

Original production was thought to have ended in 2005, with the show continuing to air in reruns, but host LeVar Burton said on February 7, 2006, that five new episodes of the show will be shot in 2006, despite the continuing financial troubles of PBS
        Nice. I babysit, I have an excuse to watch.

Comment

Personally, I'd have to say Wil Wheaton is up there. I read his blog on a regular basis. He's written a couple of books, too. Great writer, and a cool geek.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
            Personally, I'd have to say Wil Wheaton is up there. I read his blog on a regular basis. He's written a couple of books, too. Great writer, and a cool geek.
            Aqualad!
            Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

That's RIGHT !!!!!! Levar Burton and Robert Picardo went head to head and Jeordi won. I actually have the episode on tape because I was soooo impressed how much smarter these guys are than even the BEST players on Weakest Link who preceded them.

They did Trek proud .......

"Trek stars proved they can match wits with the galaxy's best and brightest when they raised a record amount for charity on Monday night's special edition of The Weakest Link.

The team racked up $167,500, with LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge) the eventual winner, according to SyFy Portal. Burton and Robert Picardo (The Doctor) competed head to head in the final after eliminating their Trek co-stars.

John de Lancie (Q) proved that omnipotence isn't everything when he was the first contestant voted off; the galaxy's biggest womaniser William Shatner (James T. Kirk) left not long after cracking on to the show's host, Anne Robinson.

There was some controversy about Roxann Dawson's (B'Elanna Torres) reaction to Wil Wheaton's (Wesley Crusher) statement that he was "a little in love with her" (story). However, it all proved to be a storm in a teacup.

"We all had a great time shooting Weakest Link," Dawson wrote at her official web site's message board. "Wil and I especially had fun sparring. It was all in jest. My comments at the end of the show were in keeping with the spirit of our fun sparring. I wish I could even take credit for the idea.

"It was recommended that I say that by the producers. I thought it was funny. It's a shame they cut away from my comment before I started laughing. The aim of the show is to create conflict - and I guess they did. I didn't take offence to Bill Shatner saying he could take me in a fight. What does he think I am, a weak woman?!! LOL. Come on everybody 'lighten up.' We were all having fun. Wil is great and I loved doing the show with him."

Wheaton himself made it to the final three, and after being voted off commented on his performance. The actor said he was trying to portray a "parody of a young actor to get a rise out of Anne. Hopefully I won't look too much like a jerk."

The full report on the night's events can be found here at SyFy Portal. Dawson's comments are available to read at the actress's official message board.
              I saw this episode... I didn't get the "a little love with" statement by Dawson. I am not surprised Picardo got far. Burton was on Reading Rainbow, LOL, back when I was a little sprite.

Mattathias

Comment

Working...
              X