Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better TOS Pilot (aka Pike/Hunter vs Kirk/Shatner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better TOS Pilot (aka Pike/Hunter vs Kirk/Shatner)

What do you guys think is the better "Star Trek" Pilot? "The Cage" or "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

The question came to me while I was watching The Menagerie, earlier today on G4.

I prefer "The Cage"

Options for the poll
    Question
    Which is the better TOS Pilot?
    Options
    "The Cage"
    "Where No Man Has Gone Before"
    I like both of them
    I like neither of them
    What was the question, again?
    "The Cage"
    16.00%
    "Where No Man Has Gone Before"
    24.00%
    I like both of them
    36.00%
    I like neither of them
    12.00%
    What was the question, again?
    12.00%
    sigpic

Haven't seen The Cage but I'm borrowing TOS S3 on DVD soon, so I'll finally see it.
    Voted:
    Where No man Has Gone Before

Comment

I prefer "The Cage." I liked Pike better than Kirk, and I would've liked to see more of Number One.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I like both.

But, if I was forced to choose, I'd say "The Cage". It would have been interesting to see the series develop with that crew. But then, if the series had developed with Pike and company, we would have never known an Enterprise with Kirk and company... Would we still have gotten the animated series, the motion pictures, the four other series? Would Jeffrey Hunter still have died in 1969?

So many possibilities, and never enough time...
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Both episodes are a long distant memory for me. You guys in the US are so lucky to have channels that constantly re-run sci-fi series. I can't choose really, so I have to be diplomatic and say that both episodes are important to the overall Star Trek canon.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Well, in my case, I actually own both episodes.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
              Well, in my case, I actually own both episodes.
              Ditto... just on videotape though, taped off TV. I have fun driving my son crazy when we watch Stargate and I tell him an ep is an old TOS plot, then PROVE IT.

Comment

Working...
              X