No announcement yet.

favorite startrek line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, Tosk from DS9's "Captive Pursuit" was a great character, if only for one episode. Still, he had a few great lines, such as:

"I am sorry I have no vices for you to exploit."

Garak and Bashir's interactions were always fantastic:

"Really, Doctor. Must we always play this game? I'm no more a spy than you are-"
    "A doctor."

And the few Garak and Odo interactions:

"I see I'm going to have to add the word pickpocket to your resume." - Odo
    "It's only a hobby." -Garak

Voyager also had lots of nice one-liners and quips:

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, Captain" - Tuvok

"Do you know what a Vulcan mind meld is?" - Tuvok
    "It's that thing where you grab someone's head..." - Crewman Suder

"You're on your way to being normal -- although I'm not sure how normal applies to a species who suppress all their emotions" - The Doctor

"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is part of the job" - Janeway

(Man, she really nailed that on the head!)

"Ever since my first day on the job as a Starfleet Captian, I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these Godforsaken paradoxes. The past is the future, the future is the past, it all gives me a headache." - Janeway

"We need to talk about this...I think we need to define some paramaters...about us." -- Janeway
    "I'm not sure I can...define peramaters. But I can tell you a story, an acient legend among my people. Its about an angry warrior who lived his life in conflict with the rest of his tribe, a man who couldn't find peace even with the help of his spirit guide. For years he stuggled with his discontent, but the only satisfaction he ever got came when he was in battle. This made him a hero among his tribe, but the warrior still longed for peace within himself. One day he and his war party were captured by a neighboring tribe, lead by a woman warrior. She called on him to join her, because her tribe was too small and weak to defend itself from all its enimies. The woman warrior was brave, and beautiful, and very wise. The angry warrior swore to himself that he would stay by her side, doing whatever he could to make her burden lighter. From that point on her needs would come first; and in that way, the warrior began to know the true meaning of peace." -- Chakotay
    "Is that really an ancient legend?" -- Janeway
    "No...but that made it easier to say." -- Chakotay

And TNG, of course, had Data:

"They were just sucked into space" -- Riker
    "Blown, sir" -- Data
    "Sorry, Data" -- Riker
    "Common mistake, sir" -- Data

[after they kiss] "What were you just thinking?" -- Jenna
    "In that particular moment, I was reconfiguring the warp field parameters, analyzing the collected works of Charles Dickens, calculating the maximum pressure I could safely apply to your lips, considering a new food supplement for Spot..." -- Data
    "I'm glad I was in there somewhere" -- Jenna

"You are capable of great sadism and cruelty. Interesting, no redeeming
    qualities." -Data

"I hope I did not do anything unbecoming a Starfleet officer."
    "Does wrestling a Klingon targ ring a bell?" -Riker
    "Did I win?"

Ah, they're all so good...

Comment

There are too many to say!!!!

One of my many favourites is in Qpid when Q has sent them all to sherwood forest... worf says the immortal lines
      "I protest...i am not a merry man!"

Love it!!!
      SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

I think this is my favorite thread on this board. Keep em coming.......

I like the one where the two Klingon Sisters are looking through the hookup in Jeordi's eyes looking at Gates McFadden's lovely face and complaining how ugly humans are.......

Not my favorite, but funny.....
        Last edited by kmiller1610; 13 March 2006, 10:01 AM.

Comment

When it comes to Klingons of course the classic line of all times is, "Today is a good day to die!"
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Today is a good day to die!!!
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by fan of jack
              There are too many to say!!!!

One of my many favourites is in Qpid when Q has sent them all to sherwood forest... worf says the immortal lines
              "I protest...i am not a merry man!"

Love it!!!
              http://rocklaforge.ytmnd.com/
              "...sorry"

and
              http://rockthelute.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Heh, this thread should really be called, your favourite Star Trek line(s).

Two lines from Q, both from the same episode - "Deja Q"

"Oh very clever Worf, eat any good books lately?"
                "I can't disappear any more than you could win a beauty contest."

hehe
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

"Tough little ship."
                  "Little?!"

Worf has such great lines...

Comment

Worf- "Captain..! I must protest; I am NOT a merry man..!!!"

I always loved that one...!

Here is one of my favorite exchanges between Garak and Quark:

Quark- "Here, I have something new I want you to try".
                    Garak- "What is it"?
                    Quark- "A new drink from Earth. It's called Root Beer".
                    Garak- "Mmm-uhh... I don't think so". (w/ look of disdain)
                    Quark- "Go ahead, just try it, and tell me what you think".
                    Garak- "Oh, all right" (Drinks it)
                    Quark- "Well"?
                    Garak- "Repulsive..!"
                    Quark- "I know. It's so sweet and bubbly, and coy. Just like... the Federation. But do you know what the really scary thing is? If you keep drinking it... you actually start to like it".
                    Garak- "It's Insidious..! Just like, the Federation..!"
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I think my favorite line comes from the original Star Trek. It's the episode where the Enterprise enters into orbit over a world fighting a neighboring world with computers. After each attack the "dead" go to disintergration booths. The leader of the world claims that the Enterprise has been destroyed and the crew mush report so that their deaths can be tallied. Kirk informs Scotty if he's not heard from in 30 minutes to carry out General Order 24. (At least I think it's 24) When the leader contacts the Enterprise Scotty calmly informs the leader that the world have been targeted by the Enterprise computers and..."the entire inhabited surface of your world will be destroyed". The picture of a single vessel in space possessing enough distructive potential to destroy an entire world is fanasty indeed. But it would give you pause.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo

I love it when worf smashes his lute!!! thats so funny
                        SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

What McCoy said to Data at the end of part on of the Pilot. If anyone can get the line that would be great. I thibk McCoy said something like She'll always take you home.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                            What McCoy said to Data at the end of part on of the Pilot. If anyone can get the line that would be great. I thibk McCoy said something like She'll always take you home.
                            Ah, the wonders of google:

Admiral McCoy: This is a new ship, boy, but she's got the right name. Remember that.

Data: I will, sir.

Admiral McCoy: You treat her like a lady....She'll always bring you home....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

That is my favorite line.

Comment

Oh... S**T -- Data 'Generations'
                                Fire! -- Riker 'Insurrrection'
                                I'm a doctor, not a door stop -- The Doctor 'Voyager'

Comment

Working...
                                X