No announcement yet.

Star Trek: The Original Series Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I finally started watching the Original series for the first time. Quick question, I noticed there are out of order numbers before the episodes on the DVD, does that signify anything? Is DVD order fine, or is there a better way to watch these?

Comment

Check out this sweet Remastered Sig I just made:

Here are the episodes the pics are related to:
      Row 1: Charlie X, Doomsday Machine, Corbomite Maneuver, (Top) Tholian Web and Galileo Seven, (Bottom) Ultimate Computer (airing this weekend) and Tomorrow is Yesterday
      Row 2: Immunity Syndrome, (Top) Spock's Brain and Where No Man Has Gone Before, (Bottom) Space Seed and Wind of an Eye, Amok Time, and Errand of Mercy

If you also support the remastering, add the pic in this post (not mine) to your sig, but don't modify it.
      sigpic

Comment

Have you seen the remastered preview images for The Enterprise Incident?
        Spoiler:

I for one am very excited for this one because it is my favorite non-remastered episode of the original Star Trek.
        sigpic

Comment

Whoa! That is very cool! Is that episode coming up soon? I'm afraid I've lost track....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
            Whoa! That is very cool! Is that episode coming up soon? I'm afraid I've lost track....
            Here's the upcoming schedule:
            • "The Enterprise Incident" (weekend of 5 April 2008)
            • "Obsession" (weekend of 12 April 2008)
            • "Mudd's Women" (weekend of 19 April 2008)
            • "The Cage" (weekend of 26 April 2008)
            • "Assignment: Earth" (weekend of 3 May 2008)

I'm excited for The Cage.
            sigpic

Comment

I forgot how much I loved Assignment: Earth. Robert Lansing and Terri Garr were just marvelous. Did you know that Assignment: Earth was going to be a spin off series? Too bad it wasn't picked up--I really, really enjoyed it.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

I forgot how much I loved Assignment: Earth. Robert Lansing and Terri Garr were just marvelous. Did you know that Assignment: Earth was going to be a spin off series? Too bad it wasn't picked up--I really, really enjoyed it.
                I do remember that. Wasn't the cat's name....Isis? That would have been a fun/interesting show to watch.

Comment

Was his new show actually to be called Assignment: Earth? But yes. That's right. The TOS ep "Assignment: Earth" was unashamedly used by Roddenberry as a pilot episode for what became a pilot in its own right: The Questor Tapes. Which, never made it past the pilot episode. lol. Still, "Assignment: Earth" was a great episode, though.

Boy, how I loved watching the reruns of TOS last year. Maybe it's because I'm a lot older that I appreciate the series more than when I was younger. The BBC replaced TNG with the original series due to the BBC losing the rights to air ST: The Next Generation. Not that it was the fault of Kirk and all; I was really into TNG back in the early nineties, and I was mad that I was cut off from the show right after "The Best of Both Worlds".

ETA: I've just realised that I'd double posted after I quoted your post, wbb.
                  Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 04 May 2008, 07:49 AM. Reason: Added changes to second paragraph.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yes, I read somewhere that The Questor Tapes was a re-working of Assignment: Earth. I remember that movie, too! Either would have made a great series (although I prefer Robert Lansing to Robert Foxworth). Anyway, the episode was on yesterday and I so enjoyed it. I couldn't really tell where it had been remastered....

Comment

...sorry to hear about Alexander Courage and Robert Justman.....*sniff*

Comment

Working...
                      X