Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beal
    You can't have a TNG movie without data, it just wouldn't work :-(

Why'd they have to kill him off anyways? I still get tears in my eyes when i think about it
    Well, B4 (wasn't he called B4), Data's brother is still around.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

He was B something he sucks
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
        You can't have a TNG movie without data, it just wouldn't work :-(

Why'd they have to kill him off anyways? I still get tears in my eyes when i think about it
        he was killed because it was apparently what Spiner wanted with B4 introduced as a way to keep Data alive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
          with B4 introduced as a way to keep Data alive.
          and they thought that had a chance of working?
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            and they thought that had a chance of working?
            well Data did transfer things to B4, so he has Data's memories, possibly personality traits and at the end of Nemesis we saw part of Data emerge from B4 so it has a chance of working in a small way. although the real Data is dead, part who he was still remains and i think they were trying for a Spock/McCoy scenario where one is alive inside the other

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
              I'd prefer Janeway, because we've had two males already and because she was awsome
              Are you kidding me? She was by far the worst Captain of all time! I'd rather have Jellico! "oh look, here's a chance to get my crew home like a decent captain should. Should I go for it? No, I think I'll blow it up and put my crew through a few more years of hell on the ugliest ship of all time." They should have been home by the second episode. Instead of blowing up the caretaker's array, why couldn't they just plant some timed charges, use it, then, before the kazon get to it it blows up.

And then, later in the show, you just knew they knew people hated her. That's why they started showing commercials where it looks like she dies, then in the episode either she survives or they go back in time and prevent it. That was just a horrible show. There were so many inconsistencies. For instance, the way they destroyed shuttles or fired torpedoes in every episode, somehow never running out. There was really only 1 good character (Tom) and a few decent characters (Tuvok, Chakotay (Untill he became Janeway's *****) and the doctor)

Anyway, It would be awesome if Stewart came back. They could have a movie where the Enterprise is the main ship (Of course) and Riker's ship, the Titan is in it too, kind of like how they had the Enterprise A and the Excelsior (with Sulu) in one of the movies. And they can bring back Data in B4's body, ala Spock (appropriate, since those characters were so similar). The only problem is that they've started writing books about the Titan, and it's some new class of ship. I think it would be sweet if it was a Galaxy Class ship, since Galaxy Class Starships are awesome.

Comment

Stewart wants to do it, but he's tied up until 2008 or something... I got that from a chat log on his official site.

Riker is an *******, so I hope he doesn't get a big part.

Data died because its what Brent wanted, but now he wants more, so he'll be back in the role of B4, hopefully with a bit more awareness this time.
                err, whoooooo?

Comment

I'm tired of TNG movies. Every time they make one, they invent some reason to unite the old crew one more time. Reunions are cool, but not if the entire point of the movie is to have yet another reunion, which is exactly what the last three movies have been.

Think about it:
                  Worf moved on shortly after Generations.
                  Riker moved on after Nemesis.
                  Troi moved on after Nemesis.
                  Data DIED in Nemesis.

So that leaves us Picard, Geordie and Dr. Crusher. Not much of a cast. That means you have to invent a reason to bring Worf back from DS9 (AGAIN!), Riker and Deanna from the Titan, and Data back from the dead in the form of B4. That's really stretching things.

The way they ended Nemesis, there is no way they can field the whole Enterprise-E crew yet again. I seriously doubt they could make a successful DS9 or Voyager motion picture, since both of those series have been off the air for 5+ years. That means it would have to be a new crew, and I don't think Paramount has the guts to try that.

Paramount recently established a Direct-To-Dvd branch for original movies and miniseries.
                  I'll bet that this is how the next Star Trek vehicle will be produced: Low budget (figure 15 million for a 2 hour movie or 6 hour mini), a new cast with prop & set reuse to keep costs low. Yep, it'd make them dumptrucks full of cash.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

well i really wouldnt wanna see someone like captain picard sitting in his chair commanding.. then keel over =*( and the movie be ruined ... =*( he should stop da acting and live << and we bring someone new in

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                      I just finished watching season one again, so that might influence my opinion a bit, but seriously, I could never see Janeway doing any rule-breaking that is believable, and try as I might, I can't find her in the least bit interesting. Picard on the other hand, he's got more emotional upheaval and all-round he is a far better character than Janeway. He's far more interesting, especially in movies, and frankly a Janeway movie would bomb worse then Nemesis and prove the sceptics right- it will never happen, a Janeway movie would never draw an audience- a movie with a whole new cast would work better then one on the Voyager cast. She can be all right in a one hour episode but in a two hour major movie, the character would never be able to carry it. Although she's been the one stuck in the delta quadrant, she has far less at stake emotionally, then Picard. Picard can go over the edge (like the holodeck scene in FC) and we believe it, Janeway can't in a believable way- there was a scene in I think it was "Equinox" where she tried to suffocate a guy, it was so ridiculous for her character- there was a chance it could have worked, but Mulgrew didn't pull it off.
                      See Endgame. See Dark Frontier. See Unimatrix Zero. See Year of Hell. See Scorpion. See Equinox. I guarantee you, your eyes will be opened.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
                        Stewart wants to do it, but he's tied up until 2008 or something... I got that from a chat log on his official site.

Riker is an *******, so I hope he doesn't get a big part.

Data died because its what Brent wanted, but now he wants more, so he'll be back in the role of B4, hopefully with a bit more awareness this time.
                        Riker was Kirk junior. Though I was glad he got in the sack with Deanna, it was about frakking time. (Is saying the word frak okay?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                          I'm tired of TNG movies. Every time they make one, they invent some reason to unite the old crew one more time. Reunions are cool, but not if the entire point of the movie is to have yet another reunion, which is exactly what the last three movies have been.

Think about it:
                          Worf moved on shortly after Generations.
                          Riker moved on after Nemesis.
                          Troi moved on after Nemesis.
                          Data DIED in Nemesis.

So that leaves us Picard, Geordie and Dr. Crusher. Not much of a cast. That means you have to invent a reason to bring Worf back from DS9 (AGAIN!), Riker and Deanna from the Titan, and Data back from the dead in the form of B4. That's really stretching things.

The way they ended Nemesis, there is no way they can field the whole Enterprise-E crew yet again. I seriously doubt they could make a successful DS9 or Voyager motion picture, since both of those series have been off the air for 5+ years. That means it would have to be a new crew, and I don't think Paramount has the guts to try that.

Paramount recently established a Direct-To-Dvd branch for original movies and miniseries.
                          I'll bet that this is how the next Star Trek vehicle will be produced: Low budget (figure 15 million for a 2 hour movie or 6 hour mini), a new cast with prop & set reuse to keep costs low. Yep, it'd make them dumptrucks full of cash.
                          Seeing as Worf was in all three Star Trek movies, how exactly did he "move on?" If you are referring about him getting in the sack w/ Jadzia, who was IMHO better then Ezri, though Ezri was a vital plotline with the Order or whatever that stupid pirate group was. Please enlighten me as to how he moved on. Whatever happened to Alexander?

Comment

I also would like to see a movie with Janeway there haven't really touch on voyager to much and it was proabably one of the better trek spin offs

now if the dvds would go down in price
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                              Seeing as Worf was in all three Star Trek movies, how exactly did he "move on?" If you are referring about him getting in the sack w/ Jadzia, who was IMHO better then Ezri, though Ezri was a vital plotline with the Order or whatever that stupid pirate group was. Please enlighten me as to how he moved on. Whatever happened to Alexander?
                              By moved on, he means Worf left the Enterprise and her crew, as did the others he mentioned.

Originally posted by rarocks24
                              Riker was Kirk junior. Though I was glad he got in the sack with Deanna, it was about frakking time. (Is saying the word frak okay?)
                              Yup, Riker was clearly playing a modern day Kirk... and I got so frakked off with it! lol

If there is to be a new movie, it would be nice if it was based on an Eterprise crew after the Enterprise-E. A passing of the torch, much like the way Generations started. Stewart, Janeway, Worf, and whoever make appearances, but not as major characters. This could then be seen as a pilot to a possible new series, much like the way the BSG Mini-Series was.

Otherwise, I'd like to see more of the 29th Century Federation as seen in Voyager episodes... its a huge risk it could end up like that ****ty series, Time Cop or whatever its called, but it could work.
                              err, whoooooo?

Comment

I like the macoy/spock deal if it means we get back the real Data
                                I can see it now Starterk 10 The search for Data.
                                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                                X