the Star Trek: Voyager Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laura the Asgard View Post
    It's on now every day on Spike and I want to get the DVD's but haven't been able to afford them. For now, I record them! Based on comments above - they sound like they are well worth it.
    Welcome. The dvds are totally worth it. I hesitated getting mine a little because they were so expensive but now that I have them I wouldn't give them up, ever.

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
    I don't know. I haven't seen it yet. I think it's started on NZ telly, but I'm not sure. I do know it's starting sometime. Will be watching it when it's on though.
    From what I can tell from searching around I think it starts in less than a week here, on Monday (the 26th) on NBC. It seems like a very adventurous time slot considering Fox plays Prison Break and 24 on Monday nights as well. Mind you, I guess Heroes in on on NBC Monday's at nine so they'll probably get a lot of bleed over. Man, there is a lot to think about with time slots and new shows. I'm glad I just watch the shows, yikes. If I get the chance I'm definitely going to tune in for the pilot at least. Hopefully it does well. Very exciting for KM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I watched Voyager on and off for the first couple of seasons, but then I stopped. I definitely want to get back to it. Thank God for DVDs.

Part of the reason I loved the show was Kate Mulgrew. I'm glad I found out about The Black Donnellys before it aired! I'll have to check it out.

Also for the Kate Mulgrew fans out there - if you are in or near NYC - she is in an off-Broadway play called OUR LEADING LADY which starts previews tonight. It's a limited run - only through the end of April. A little info about the show:

http://www.manhattantheatreclub.com/...ading-lady.htm
      sigpic
      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
        From what I can tell from searching around I think it starts in less than a week here, on Monday (the 26th) on NBC. It seems like a very adventurous time slot considering Fox plays Prison Break and 24 on Monday nights as well. Mind you, I guess Heroes in on on NBC Monday's at nine so they'll probably get a lot of bleed over. Man, there is a lot to think about with time slots and new shows. I'm glad I just watch the shows, yikes. If I get the chance I'm definitely going to tune in for the pilot at least. Hopefully it does well. Very exciting for KM.
        On TotallyKate it says that it's playing opposite Shark which is Jeri Ryan's new show.
        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

On TotallyKate it says that it's playing opposite Shark which is Jeri Ryan's new show.
          lol. So many Voyager cast members so many new projects.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

It is Kate. She is in it. Seeeeeee
            thanks! I may have to check it out, if only for Kate. Not sure from the commericals if I'd be interested otherwise. I bet the Irish family angle appealed to KM. (Anyone ever see her in Ryan's Hope?)

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
              Also for the Kate Mulgrew fans out there - if you are in or near NYC - she is in an off-Broadway play called OUR LEADING LADY which starts previews tonight. It's a limited run - only through the end of April.
              Thanks for the info, wish I was closer to Manhatten.
              Originally posted by Laura the Asgard View Post
              I just found this thread too! I signed up for Gateworld a while back and I guess it pays to explore - like Voyager did! I love this show! I watched it when it was new and all 7 seasons. It's on now every day on Spike and I want to get the DVD's but haven't been able to afford them. For now, I record them! Based on comments above - they sound like they are well worth it.

I liked that they were far away from Federation space and the war. I watched DS9 and I like that one too but they were involved with Federation politics and it was cool that Janeway was on her own and had to act alone. The crew were like family and some the episodes were really funny. I loved "Endgame" and wish they'd make a movie to explain what they did with that cool technology she brought back in time, but at the same time - it was the last show. Anyway - I am babbling - Thanks for this thread!!
              I watch on spike when I can. I love how spike does several all in a row. and many treks. I watched from the first ep too. I was so excited for the series. She's a kick-ass female. ... gotta love it. I wish they could have made a voyager movie.
              Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

I hjave started to get a renewed intrest in voyager, I was to young to watch it teh frst time around

Comment

I began watching Voyager about 2 weeks ago and I love it! I'm so glad my fiancé talked me into watching it with him

Comment

I love Voyager and Janeway and Kate Mulgrew they all rock

<3
                    sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Maybe I'm weird, but my favorite character is B'Elanna

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
                        Maybe I'm weird, but my favorite character is B'Elanna
                        Nope not weird...mine is too...although 7 of 9 comes close to being it too...
                        I think B'elanna is great cause she is that mixture between human and klingon...
                        She is so fragile and emotional inside but if you look at the outside she is like a though woman that doesn't let people play with her. But I love that she is that way. I also love it when she start dating Tom cause then you really start to see the fragile B'elanna...

Comment

I thought a lot more could have been done with B'Elanna.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            I thought a lot more could have been done with B'Elanna.
                            yes that is true... but still I like her character... I think they kind of lost track with giving the doc and seven a lot of eps...I mean I like seven a lot but after a while it was not fun anymore...as for the doc eps they bored me every time again...I still can not get used to his character...IMO he got to much screentime at some points...

But I still think B'elanna was a great person...Although more going into her character would have been awesome...but alas they didn't do it...I still like her

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              Nope not weird...mine is too...although 7 of 9 comes close to being it too...
                              I think B'elanna is great cause she is that mixture between human and klingon...
                              She is so fragile and emotional inside but if you look at the outside she is like a though woman that doesn't let people play with her. But I love that she is that way. I also love it when she start dating Tom cause then you really start to see the fragile B'elanna...
                              Yay, I'm not alone!

Although I'm new to the show, I instantly paired B'elanna and Tom...I can't wait to see what all happens with those two

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
                                Yay, I'm not alone!

Although I'm new to the show, I instantly paired B'elanna and Tom...I can't wait to see what all happens with those two
                                I loved them from the start too!

What a pairing those two make. They're actually the focus of my all-time favourite Voyager ep (well it's more B'Elanna but Tom's a big part too) "Lineage."

I think they're a great pairing just because of where they both come from. They've both got this past or this background that they're not either proud of or comfortable with. It's interesting to then see them try to work out how to be with each other while struggling to work out exactly who they are and where they're (both as individuals and together) going to fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X