the Star Trek: Voyager Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked Voyager

It was a cute ship And I liked the captain being female...hwo many shows have that? (How many people I wonder will think of LOTS)

As for the little holes of continuous torpedos and repair - shush....we little TV watching people dont think about things like that

Endgame BTW I liked alot, maybe bcause it was the cool technical show offs I liked...the armour just rocked my little socks.. Admittedly the cuteyness of Seven and Chakotay wasnt cutey at all - It just appeared but the rest I liked.
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
      I really liked Voyager

It was a cute ship And I liked the captain being female...hwo many shows have that? (How many people I wonder will think of LOTS)

As for the little holes of continuous torpedos and repair - shush....we little TV watching people dont think about things like that

Endgame BTW I liked alot, maybe bcause it was the cool technical show offs I liked...the armour just rocked my little socks.. Admittedly the cuteyness of Seven and Chakotay wasnt cutey at all - It just appeared but the rest I liked.
      I think having a female captain made the show stronger. I know she may have been harder to accept at first by some trekkies but she was an awsome captain. In my opinion she had all the stong points of all the great former captains, to name a few, Picards negotiation skills, and she resembles Kirk in some small ways too.

And the whole Seven and Chakotay thing, don't even get me started

Comment

the whole C/7 thing was a little on the sick side....if you were on a starship...would you be wanting someone to make a hologram of you without your permission and have them having their wicked way with it???

eurgh!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          the whole C/7 thing was a little on the sick side....if you were on a starship...would you be wanting someone to make a hologram of you without your permission and have them having their wicked way with it???

eurgh!
          Oh, I totally agree. I think it would've been much more normal if they went w/ the whole Janeway/Chakotay thinkg. There was sexual tension between them throughout the whole show and I think they genuinly had feelings for each other. TBTB certainly teased us w/ the idea more than once!! When C/7 all of a sudden popped up out of nowhere I was like what the frak!!
          At least the follow-up books are better!

btw suekay i like your sig

Comment

I'm surprised they passed on this show. Almost all of the reviews I have read are positive. I have seen all the episodes and was very impressed.

Voyager is my favorite Trek series, and got me interested in other Trek. Here are a few points why I liked Voyager.

I really felt a sense of togetherness between this crew more so than any other. The desire to get home was strong in each of them IMO.

Introduction of new enemies, Kazon, Malon, Viddians?, Hirogen, Krenim. I felt the some of the latter species mentioned should have had more screen time.

Janeway was willing to do what was necessary to accomplish her goal, (Equinox).

These are a few of my top reasons for liking the show. I also had some points I didn't care for.

Ship was always too clean looking.
            Always had abundant energy, except for a few episodes.
            The Maquis situation was resolved way too quickly IMO. This should have taken a season or two to resolve.

Voyager will always be my favorite Trek, despite some of the shows flaws.

Comment

eurgh!
              I felt the whole romance came out of nowhere. I wish that was not included in the series.

Comment

Crap, I don't know how to use multiple quotes, so I'll just make references to the posts I'm talking about.

First of all, someone said that Voyager was "cute"? What? That ship was ugly. All small and fat and oddly proportioned. It lacked the elegance of the Enterprises or the small, fast, powerfull look of the Defiant. I saw a book about Star Trek where they had an early concept design of the Voyager, and it looked so much better. Nice long nacelles, a sleeker look, and all kinds of cool looking things on it. It's a shame they didn't use that design. If I can find it, I'll post it.

Next, how was Janeway a good captain? Every time she opened her mouth, I wanted to stab something. And she had such a wierd, irritating voice. I think the producers realized how annoying she was, because there would always be commercials where it would look like she was going to die. Unfortunately, the phaser shot always missed, or it was a hologram, or they went back in time and undid it.

As for the enless supplies of shuttles and torpedoes, I was going to say that, but you people beat me. But there is something I can add. What was up with the necelles? Origionally, they went up to go to warp, but later in the show, they just stopped doing that. That was actually one of the cool things about the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis87
                  First of all, someone said that Voyager was "cute"? What? That ship was ugly. All small and fat and oddly proportioned. It lacked the elegance of the Enterprises or the small, fast, powerfull look of the Defiant. I saw a book about Star Trek where they had an early concept design of the Voyager, and it looked so much better. Nice long nacelles, a sleeker look, and all kinds of cool looking things on it. It's a shame they didn't use that design. If I can find it, I'll post it.
                  Personally, I loved the look of Voyager. While the Enterprises were cool in their own right, that huge saucer section has always looked really bulky and unwieldy to me. I like that it was slimmed down so much on Voyager. But this one really all comes down to personal opinion.

Next, how was Janeway a good captain? Every time she opened her mouth, I wanted to stab something. And she had such a wierd, irritating voice. I think the producers realized how annoying she was, because there would always be commercials where it would look like she was going to die. Unfortunately, the phaser shot always missed, or it was a hologram, or they went back in time and undid it.
                  I'm curious as to how having a "weird, irritating voice" makes her a bad captain. She wasn't one to go looking for a fight, but she would do what she had to. Her ship and her crew always came first, before her. She had a strength about her, but she could still show compassion when appropriate.

As for the enless supplies of shuttles and torpedoes, I was going to say that, but you people beat me. But there is something I can add. What was up with the necelles? Origionally, they went up to go to warp, but later in the show, they just stopped doing that. That was actually one of the cool things about the ship.
                  I have no answer for the shuttles and torpedoes - that's always been a mystery to everyone. As for the nacelles, it's been awhile since I've seen some of the later episodes, so I'd have to go back and watch. My assumption is that they just cut that segment out to save time because it got redundant after awhile. We know the nacelles do that - they don't have to show us every time.
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I was under the impression this was a pro-Voyager discussion thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                      I was under the impression this was a pro-Voyager discussion thread.
                      As was I.

Comment

Sorry. I wasn't aware that differing opinions weren't allowed.

As for the Janeway thing, her voice was only 1 of the things I didn't like. I could go into other things that made her a bad captain, like how she repeatedly threw away opportunities to go home, but I don't want to offend anybody.

Comment

Sorry. I wasn't aware that differing opinions weren't allowed.

As for the Janeway thing, her voice was only 1 of the things I didn't like. I could go into other things that made her a bad captain, like how she repeatedly threw away opportunities to go home, but I don't want to offend anybody.
                          I don't think it's a big deal, but this is a Voyager Appreciation thread.
                          What oppurtunities did she throw away?

We know why she got stranded in the DQ.
                          Didn't she ask Q for help as well?

I thought she was trying at every oppurtunity to get home. After the initial event of course.

However, I haven't seen Voyager since 2004. Refresh my memory, please.

Comment

Apophis87, different opinions are allowed, I think, you'll have to ask the thread founder about that. But if you say that Janeway's voice is weird and irritating, you're in fact referring to the actress. Now, actor bashing isn't allowed on this forum.

Alas, I'd also like to know what opportunities she threw away to get them home. Mating with Q? That would have been morally dubious.

Comment

This thread is for positive discussion of Star Trek Voyager.

Okay...here's a wee guideline that'd make some sense:

For every negative comment you make, you must make a positive one in response

How does that sound?
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

This thread is for positive discussion of Star Trek Voyager.

Okay...here's a wee guideline that'd make some sense:

For every negative comment you make, you must make a positive one in response

How does that sound?
                                I'll second that!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X