• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J/C FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*...It was my first ship

Pity about the last episode though

anyone remember JetC? I was a big lurker around their sites

btw - if you're a big J/C fan - http://www.jetclover.com is great...just check out the giggle pics
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      J/C FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*...It was my first ship

Pity about the last episode though
      I just pretend Endgame never happened.

Comment

Yeah...I was at a con the week before it aired in the US and got to see it before they did...and I was in shock...it was so bad!

Voyager was good in s1 - s4, fantastic from s4 - s6, fair from the beginning of s7 to halfway through...

but the last lot of episodes were terrible, especially Endgame, Workforce and Homestead.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah, Voyager. The Trek that got me started, cos i liked time travel and the Borg so a friend recommended it to me. That's why "Relativity", i think it was, was a great cool ep. The one where Seven has to stop some guy blowing up Voyager, whichever one that is. (Also, i love the Wells class ship. )

I agree, with whoever said it *scrolls up then down* Missster.Freeman said about Scorpion being one of Voyager's best. That very ep is where i started watching trek religiously. *sighs while reminiscing* Good days, good days...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Best episodes? Hmmm... I think Year of Hell would definitely be up there. I loved The Killing Game, too. And any of the Q episodes! The way he and Janeway interacted always had me rolling on the floor.
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

uh what was so bad about Endgame?
              I thought it was a great episode, and good final episode for Voyager.
              What was wrong with it?

Comment

I agree Morbo, Endgame was not great but a worthy ending to the series. I am fan of big cool and powerful starships (especially from Star Trek) and in Endgame we saw a few futuristic butt kicking ships. "A Blade of Armour" technology was awesome!. Plus those 'Multi phase shifting' quantum torpedos that cut through the Borg ships like swiss cheese actually had me cheering when watching it the first time . Sure there were a few plot holes in those last few episodes and seeing an aged Janeway come back to help had me rolling my eye's some, but it sure was an exciting and adventurous ending.

Some of my favorite Voyager episodes are......

"In the Flesh"..... When they discover species 8472 building a Starfleet Command and San Francisco replica to train there spies.

"Dark Frontiers, parts I & II"..... When Janeway rescued 7 of 9 after she was lured back to the collective.

"Equinox, parts I & II"..... Another Starfleet ship meets up with Voyager that uses nucleogenic subspace aliens as fuel to try and get back to the Alpha quadrant.

"The Huanting of Deck Twelve"..... The ghost in the cargo bay on deck twelve, that was one spooky episode.

"Flesh and Blood"..... When the Hirogen holodek ship is discovered and a band of renegade holograms escape and start preying on the hirogens.

"The Void"..... Voyager is pulled into a void with no apparent way out and then forms alliances with technologically advanced species to help build a super polarun modulator to open up a hole in the void. I loved this episode!.

"Q2"..... I enjoyed the boy who would be Q episode, it was nice seeing Q so vulnerable with the raising of his son.

"End Game, parts I & II"..... This episode would have been a better motion picture movie with a bigger budget and better writing, I do admire the boldness of the way they wrote this episode, plus seeing the Borg get a fat lip and a knuckle sandwich always makes me smile!
                Last edited by the Fifth Race; 27 December 2005, 03:43 AM.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Great thread! No Voyager bashing please... Voyager and TOS are my absolute favorites. I liked Janeway -- she made a good captain IMO. I wished they re-air the episodes each night

Anyone have the boxed DVD set?
                  Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensterman
                    Great thread! No Voyager bashing please... Voyager and TOS are my absolute favorites. I liked Janeway -- she made a good captain IMO. I wished they re-air the episodes each night

Anyone have the boxed DVD set?
                    No, but I have almost the full series on the original, two episode VHS cassettes. Never got round to completing the collection

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                    "End Game, parts I & II"..... This episode would have been a better motion picture movie with a bigger budget and better writing, I do admire the boldness of the way they wrote this episode, plus seeing the Borg get a fat lip and a knuckle sandwich always makes me smile!
                    hehe Fifth Race, that made me LoL... Fat lip and knuckle sandwich indeed
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      hehe Fifth Race, that made me LoL... Fat lip and knuckle sandwich indeed
                      I'm half way through season 7 now and can't wait to watch Endgame.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                        I am fan of big cool and powerful starships (especially from Star Trek) and in Endgame we saw a few futuristic butt kicking ships. "A Blade of Armour" technology was awesome!.
                        I am also a fan of big kick ass starships.

however, (i believe) its not "A blade of armor"

it's Ablative Armor (i'm 99% sure anyway):

ab·la·tive1 P Pronunciation Key (bl-tv)
                        adj.
                        Of, relating to, or being a grammatical case indicating separation, direction away from, sometimes manner or agency, and the object of certain verbs.

or

ablative

adj 2: tending to ablate; i.e. to be removed or vaporized at very high temperature; "ablative material on a rocket cone"

(so its like an extra shield armor that can be blown away and replaced if necessary.)

I could be completely wrong, but thats the best definition I could find.
                        Or it could have just been a word writers came up with, but i doubt it.
                        Last edited by Morbo; 27 December 2005, 11:46 AM.

Comment

You are exactly right Morbo, It is 'Albative Armour'....That is one the very coolest pieces of technology in all of Star Trek.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That's the one thing I liked about Endgame - the Armour...very fancy

Can't help but wonder why the Enterprise never had it in Nemesis...apart from the Temporal Prime Directive
                            sigpic

Comment

I also really enjoyed Voyager. I haven't been able to watch it enough to know the names of the episodes, but the one I really liked was the aliens that were invisible and performing invisible experiments on the crew and drove some of them insane. Seven of Nine and the doctor managed to uncover the plot. It was a great episode.

I have to agree with an earlier post--I really did NOT like the final episode. I don't think it was true to the characters. But that's just me.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Scientific Method...Season 4 - was a good episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X