• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirk To Return In Mirror Trek?

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33681

Kirk To Return In Mirror Trek?

The Canmag.com Web site reported a rumor that William Shatner is one of the former Star Trek captains who would appear in a proposed new Trek movie set in the "mirror" universe. Citing an anonymous source, the site reported that a script is floating around for a proposed new movie that would bring together Shatner's Capt. James T. Kirk, Patrick Stewart's Capt. Jean-Luc Picard and possibly Scott Bakula's Capt. Jonathan Archer. The movie would be a prequel film set in the evil parallel universe first introduced in the original Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror" and last seen in the Star Trek: Enterprise two-part episode "In a Mirror, Darkly."
    sigpic

I am not sure what to think now...........
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

Eeeek, you can never tell with Trek Movies, but I will wait until more info surfaces before I decide on how I feel about the idea
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Star Trek XII: So Very Tired

Captain's Log Stardate 6051: had trouble sleeping last night... my hiatal hernia is acting up again. The ship is drafty and damp; I complain, but nobody listens.

Comment

^ LMAO

Tbh, I don't think this is a good idea, imo..
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Mmm... I'm a special effects whore. Mirror Mirror universe, 3 captains, lots of things blowing up.

I'm there

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
              Mmm... I'm a special effects whore. Mirror Mirror universe, 3 captains, lots of things blowing up.

I'm there
              Agreed. I am a huge Mirror Mirror fan and loved this new idea. If is made, I will see it.

Comment

i may be wrong, but didn't alternate Archer and even Kirk end up dead? plus the alternate Picard wouldn't be a captain, but a slave. sounds nice in theory but won't work.

i don't see how they do this unless they involved, dare i say it, time travel. they've messed up our dimensions timeline so now they are going to work on the other side.

how about doing William Shatner's The Return. Romulan and Borg alliance, Kirk resurrected and teaming up with Picard. that's all i know about it, but it sounds exciting

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                  i may be wrong, but didn't alternate Archer and even Kirk end up dead? plus the alternate Picard wouldn't be a captain, but a slave. sounds nice in theory but won't work.

i don't see how they do this unless they involved, dare i say it, time travel. they've messed up our dimensions timeline so now they are going to work on the other side.
                  This is an idea only. It may never happen. It'll be interesting to see how they'll pull it off with the whole Mirror Universe with Archer, Kirk, and Picard.

Comment

We don't know what happened to Mirror kirk do we? As far as i know, he lost his command, and then the fall of the terrin empire, but ded? i don't know about that. Archer is dead, deffiantly, but i'm not sure about Kirk.

Sounds like a great idea... this might be the chance to revive the REAL kirk and give him the send off he deserves... not the Generations way.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                    Lister: 'Why not?'
                    Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                    Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                    Rimmer: 'See who?'
                    Cat: 'The king.'
                    Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                    Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                    Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Originally posted by Smegger56
                      We don't know what happened to Mirror kirk do we? As far as i know, he lost his command, and then the fall of the terrin empire, but ded? i don't know about that. Archer is dead, deffiantly, but i'm not sure about Kirk.

Sounds like a great idea... this might be the chance to revive the REAL kirk and give him the send off he deserves... not the Generations way.

in the shatter novels mirror kirk went on to lead a military coup with cardassian kilingon assistant obviously they betrayed him and now hes hated by terrans everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                        in the shatter novels mirror kirk went on to lead a military coup with cardassian kilingon assistant obviously they betrayed him and now hes hated by terrans everywhere
                        but the books aren't officially part of the trek history. no matter what happens, they wouldn't be used in any explaination to what happened to a character outside of the show

Trek Rumors Denied?

Sy Fy Portal reported that a Paramount Pictures source denied rumors that the studio is developing a Star Trek film that will feature Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, Capt. James T. Kirk and Capt. Jonathan Archer together.

"You're going to see this a lot right now," the unnamed source told the site. "Without anything announced, you're going to see speculation everywhere. But unless you hear it from someone actually involved, don't believe it, because it likely isn't true."

The Canmag.com Web site reported the rumor that William Shatner is one of the former Star Trek captains who would appear in a proposed new Trek movie set in the "mirror" universe. Citing an anonymous source, the site reported that a script is floating around for a proposed new movie.

"Paramount has only asked for one script, and yes, they are deciding whether or not that's the direction they want to go," the source said. "Erik [Jendresen's] script met with mixed reaction, but it has nothing to do with the quality. It has more to do with disagreements among those who are in decision-making capacities as far as it [Star Trek] is concerned. There are no other ideas on the table at this time."
                        http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=33701&type=0

sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21363
                          sigpic

Comment

haha a mirror universe movie what a real supprise!!!!

just think what they could do wih that movie should they ever decide to go along with it,

Kirk: after being disgraced and untrustworthy he returns with his usual egotistical womanising attitude with a rather dark side and at the end of the ST move he reveals to the other characters that they have all been participating in a collosal fake movie that he decided to make sounf familiar?

Picard: after being adrift in space he returns with the usual shiney headed over the top Jolly british accent, has no chilldren again and pretty much makes the same mistakes again as he did (um but without the daft holodeck programs of sailing ships and poetry)

Sisko: returns from the dead after his death was faked spent a decade on a paradise planet had a few to many kids which chase him throught the cosmos to dethrone him from being the emissary to the prophets.

Janeway: back but with the long hair and the go go womens rights attitude and for a second time we get to see if the pants really do fit, however in this sorry state of affairs which is the mirror universe she hase't suppased picard by become ***** admiral who orders those who have had more experience than her in their time and she still chats on about the time she rescued a injured cardassian for the simple fact she had to battle with her demons whether to go and fetch him back on the battle front (which by the way she still in the mirror universe has a split presonality and fantasises about victorian chilldren bringing her cucumber sandwiches whilst dressed in a rather uncomfortable style of the day frock.

Archer: returns from the dead to ensure the human race can keep its gene pool within humans all the while crossing his legs on the captains chair and feeding cheese to his dog even thought it makes him ill (makes you wonder what starfleet academy is doing dishing out promotions to these guys).

and this is just one possibility, please bere in mind the post above is meant in the lightest way possible as i much like ST series, but the possibilities are endless............ohh just like lego is ......oh and mecharno hehe!!!!
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade

how about doing William Shatner's The Return. Romulan and Borg alliance, Kirk resurrected and teaming up with Picard. that's all i know about it, but it sounds exciting
                              Theoretically there are an infinate number of universes, so it wouldn't matter- a whole new universe, and therefore canon, could be established.

But I had another idea that could involve a bit of mixing of characters with no other universe, just timetravel for certain individuals and possibly everyone- try to bring the fan favourites together in a plausible situation where they are all necessary (and have chemestry with each other) and not just there for the sake of it but each with actual purpose to the outcome in a way that holds to canon- see my post in the other movie XI thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X