Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Star Trek movies poll - Vote them off the Island... one movie at a time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    First Contact is the best.....
    Well, I have to disagree. I say The Wrath of Khan is better. That is just MY opinion. No doubt someone else will come in and trump me with a differing opinion.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
      You're welcome. I have watched First Contact on videotape dozens of times, but this poll has convinced me to get the deluxe DVD version....
      Is it just the First Contact DVD, or the full boxset with all the movies you will be buying?

I have the 30th anniversary boxset on VHS containing all the movies up to Generations. all the tapes are still in good condition, they haven't been played to death. I wouldn't mind buying the full DVD boxset movies actually. It would give me a chance (finally) to see Nemesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
        Well, I have to disagree. I say The Wrath of Khan is better. That is just MY opinion. No doubt someone else will come in and trump me with a differing opinion.
        Not THIS person! I totally agree that The Wrath of Khan is better. First Contact is, of course, a very good movie, but Wrath of khan...the PERFECT Star Trek movie.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Is it just the First Contact DVD, or the full boxset with all the movies you will be buying?
          Probably just First Contact. I have Khan and Nemesis on DVD and all the others except First Contact on commercial VHS. I taped First Contact off HBO. Honestly, the top 4 movies are worth DVD. The rest are just fine on VHS.

Comment

I've got Undiscovered Country on tape (my mate had 2 so gave me one. Guy's a legend!) and Nemesis on DVD. For some reason i bought that when i was bored one day. It's not even the Special Edition one. Cost £4 in Glasgow and i couldn't remember how Shinzon met his maker... and here i am today!

I wish i could afford the new special editions. Or the boxsets...
            Last edited by Anubis69; 28 March 2006, 12:28 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

http://www.imdb.com

Here’s the ratings by the imdb users and the number of votes on a 10 point scale. VERY close to our ratings, which are still as we voted them, in order. The only change would be Khan as 1, First contact at 2, Voyage Home at 3 and Undiscovered at 4.

01. Star Trek VIII: First Contact 7.4 (over 25,000 votes)
              02. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 7.6 (over 19,000 votes )
              03. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 7.0 (over 12,000 votes)
              04. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 7.2 (over 13,000 votes)
              05. Star Trek X: Nemesis 6.5 (over 15,000 votes)
              06. Star Trek VII: Generations 6.3 (15,000 votes )
              07. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock 6.3 (over 11,000 votes)
              08. Star Trek IX: Insurrection 6.3 (over 15,000 votes)
              09. Star Trek I: The Motion Picture 5.9 ( over 12,000 votes)
              10. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 4.7 (over 11,000 votes )

Comment

That must've taken a fair bit of searching around. I was going to say that you had Khan and First Contact in the wrong order.

I now realise that IMDB polls run in a scale of 1 - 10 and are not calculated by the number of voters. DOH! I blame tiredness . It's interesting to see that Khan polled higher with less voters than First Contact.

Comment

That must've taken a fair bit of searching around. I was going to say that you had Khan and First Contact in the wrong order.

I now realise that IMDB polls run in a scale of 1 - 10 and are not calculated by the number of voters. DOH! I blame tiredness . It's interesting to see that Khan polled higher with less voters than First Contact.
                  I think the number of votes is just the number of people who had seen a movie and decided to check the summary and vote. It's not like they have all ten movies listed somewhere. So the fact that Khan is a much older film explains the fewer number of votes. It's old news. First Contact falls squarely into the modern internet era, so more people see or would see, check the internet, read the review and vote.....

Comment

What I'm really amazed at is how people (especially Trek fans) are blaming Nemesis for the "demise" of Star Trek as we know it... I don't get it though, Nemesis obviously isn't a bad movie if it keeps clocking in somewhere in the middle of the Star Trek movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                      What I'm really amazed at is how people (especially Trek fans) are blaming Nemesis for the "demise" of Star Trek as we know it... I don't get it though, Nemesis obviously isn't a bad movie if it keeps clocking in somewhere in the middle of the Star Trek movies.
                      Oh - i don't blame Nemesis ... I blame Enterprise Seasons 1-3 + the first two and last episodes of season 4.

In other words, the Bits B + B were most heavily involved in.
                      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

i don't blame Nemesis
                        sigpic
                        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                          I don't think Nemesis is bad. It just is soooo derivative that it sort of symbolizes Trek's problem...... we have run our of ideas...... It's funny, but the very first Trek movie was so similar to the TOS ep, the Changeling (also named Nomad) that many Trek fans of the time, nicknamed the movie, "Where nomad has gone before...."

To revive Trek, they need something fresh like Firefly, which is much closer to what a prequel like Enterprise should have been: edgy, less moral, less preachy, sort of early Federation rather than Federation redux.....

Comment

I don't think Nemesis is bad. It just is soooo derivative that it sort of symbolizes Trek's problem...... we have run our of ideas...... It's funny, but the very first Trek movie was so similar to the TOS ep, the Changeling (also named Nomad) that many Trek fans of the time, nicknamed the movie, "Where nomad has gone before...."

To revive Trek, they need something fresh like Firefly, which is much closer to what a prequel like Enterprise should have been: edgy, less moral, less preachy, sort of early Federation rather than Federation redux.....
                            yeah i agree
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Preach to the masses, brother, preach to the masses...

Yeah, Nemesis wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't the best. I'd honestly have to say though that First Contact was the best in the Enterprise-D/E genre. As for the Enterprise/Enterprise A genre, I think Wrath of Kahn was the best.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

For me??

It's always been and always will be The Whale Show

or Voyage Home as some crazy people like to call it...

After that First Contact.
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X