Borg Queen question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoth
    I was just watching First Contact and I saw the Borg Queen die. Picard snapped her neck in half presumably killing her. But, she is still in the whole series and the last ep of Voyager (Endgame). And she dies again. How the hell is this possible. She's dead, unless she has an evil, or eviler , twin, she can't show up in Endgame.

And don't say that she didn't die in Endgame and that First Contact was after Voyager arrived home, because, well, it wasn't. First of all, if the Federation had transphasic torpedos don't you think they would have used them? And the Borg was crippled after the Janeways' (both of them) assault on them, so the Borg wouldn't have been too fit for duty! And 7 of 9 says clearly in an ep that the Borg were present at First Contact, so at the time of her removal from the Collective, First Contact must have already happened.

So, any ideas?
    The Borg Queen and her mind is like a computer and it's operating system. Say you backup the operating system on a website every second. Now, your computer gets smashed. Is your operating system gone? Nope, build a new PC and download it from the website. I know computers don't work like that, but you get the idea. When the Queen went into the past, she had herself built on that Borg Sphere inside the Borg Cube. When the sphere enterred the past, we then had 2 Queens. One in the present, and a duplicate of herself, if you will, in the past, attempting to alter Earth's history. Had she succeeded, she would be integrated with the Queen of that time perriod. So, when we see the Queen in "Dark Frontier", she has to build a new body to interract with Seven. She was killed on her diamond ship, chasing the Delta Flyer when her ship was destroyed, which explains why she had to rebuild herself again in "Unimatrix Zero". The Queen survived "Unimatrix Zero" which is why she was already constructed in "Endgame". However, this time, the collective was nearly destroyed, so she might actually have died this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
      I was just watching First Contact and I saw the Borg Queen die. Picard snapped her neck in half presumably killing her. But, she is still in the whole series and the last ep of Voyager (Endgame). And she dies again. How the hell is this possible. She's dead, unless she has an evil, or eviler , twin, she can't show up in Endgame.

And don't say that she didn't die in Endgame and that First Contact was after Voyager arrived home, because, well, it wasn't. First of all, if the Federation had transphasic torpedos don't you think they would have used them? And the Borg was crippled after the Janeways' (both of them) assault on them, so the Borg wouldn't have been too fit for duty! And 7 of 9 says clearly in an ep that the Borg were present at First Contact, so at the time of her removal from the Collective, First Contact must have already happened.

So, any ideas?
      The Borg Queen is constantly downloading info from the Collective and Uploading her thoughts and memories to the collective. She has a lil "harddrive" reserved for Queen stuff, and when her body is destroyed, she uploads "oh oh" protocol, which transfers her most recent memories and thoughts into the Collective, where she hs another drone/body made/build/assimilated per her instructions, then she downloads the Queen program into the new body, and presto, new Queen

In some of the post Return of the Jedi books, I read how Emperor Palpatine, an organic being, not a cyborg, was able to transfer his consciousness into cloned bodies of himself, so that he was in fact, immortal -- almost like the Asgard. His mind controlled the Force, not his body.

Comment

Working...
      X