Berman Expects New Producer For Next TV Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berman Expects New Producer For Next TV Trek

Rick Berman on Reinventing TREK with New Producers and Characters, No Development on STAR TREK XI

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/11/...b93ded78.shtml

The latest issue of STAR TREK Magazine features an exclusive interview with STAR TREK producer Rick Berman, in which he once again talks about the current creative state of the franchise and the lack of news on the upcoming STAR TREK prequel movie.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Personally let it go...enough is enough already. Berman seriously needs to take a break for a good while. Although I love Trek, I have to say that they really need to slow down.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
      Personally let it go...enough is enough already. Berman seriously needs to take a break for a good while. Although I love Trek, I have to say that they really need to slow down.
      I totally agree with ya.
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.trektoday.com/news/191105_01.shtml

When there is a new Star Trek series, Rick Berman does not expect to be a part of it.

Though Berman is still attached to the eleventh Star Trek feature film, he said that the story for that film "is still up in the air." Originally it was planned to be a prequel set between Enterprise and the original series, but Berman said, "Whether the next movie takes place there or whether it takes place at another point, I think that the studio's feeling is that it would be nice to try to do a feature film with a fresh, new, no-television-series crew." He expected that that would negate any possibility of using characters from the existing shows.

"By the way, I would say that the film is still in the same early stages of development it was the last time we talked," Berman noted, admitting that no progress had been made. He is currently working on other television series for the next development season, the details of which he could not discuss.
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Thank God, He won't be in the next series. But why does he have to be producer of Trek XI. Damn does that annoy me.
          sigpic

Comment

Let´s just hope that the individual picked to produce the next series will be someone with talent and vision. Hard though it might be to believe, there are people out there who are even less capable then Berman and Braga

I´m personally not in a hurry for another ST series, they should give the franchise at least 2-3 years and perhaps even longer.

Comment

i'm hoping they'll take their time as well. with a 5 season star wars season starting next year (unless they've changed that), i don't want to see a badly done star trek series going up against star wars.

i don't expect a new series to be perfect, but if a new series has the same sort of run as Enterprise, the chances future trek shows could be affected

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                with a 5 season star wars season starting next year (unless they've changed that), i don't want to see a badly done star trek series going up against star wars.
                Could you clarify? Where did you hear info on a Star Wars TV series?
                sigpic

Comment

I think that the producers should really accept that Star Trek has done its dash.
                  Voyager and Enterprise should have been the indication that the franchise was starting to head to the end. And those corny corny movies. ^_^

Now dont get me wrong, i like Trek. I used to love it. But i found something else... StarGATE. I think that if there is going ot be another trek series, it should be more like new sci fi (as in style). Find out what makes Lost, BSG, Stargate and such so good and work from there. It's like Seinfeld, it was popular in the 1990s and fit with that kind of sitcom, but really, the last of the pop-sitcoms have ended with Raymond.

Maybe Startrek should fund the revival of Futurama and then we can kill the Simpsons once and for all.

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
                  http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                    Could you clarify? Where did you hear info on a Star Wars TV series?
                    i heard about it in the official star wars magazine but i dont know it was gonna be 5 seasons

Comment

R. Moore is unavailable, so give it to the other man who most recently did quality Star Trek: Manny Coto. I remain convinced that had he been at the helm of "Star Trek: Enterprise" from the beginning we'd be into a fantastic Season 5 right now.

Comment

I have to agree with Neko, there has been enough to show that there needs to be a break for a while, although Darth Buddha makes a good point that if Coto is brought in on it, it would not suck.
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                          i heard about it in the official star wars magazine but i dont know it was gonna be 5 seasons
                          the last thing i read said it was going to be 100, one hour long episodes. since they won't do 100 non stop and shows tend to do normally 20 episodes, it works out as 5 seasons.since Lucas is said to be writing and directing the entire first season, they'll definitely end up not doing it all at once

i've also read it could be just 50 episodes so we could end up with 2 seasons but since the shows are going to be so heavy with special effects, it could end up being 10 episodes per season or maybe even more or less.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            the last thing i read said it was going to be 100, one hour long episodes. since they won't do 100 non stop and shows tend to do normally 20 episodes, it works out as 5 seasons.since Lucas is said to be writing and directing the entire first season, they'll definitely end up not doing it all at once

i've also read it could be just 50 episodes so we could end up with 2 seasons but since the shows are going to be so heavy with special effects, it could end up being 10 episodes per season or maybe even more or less.
                            Yippee
                            Lucas will be doing it himself - its bound to be good...
                            sigpic

Comment

he's just doing the first season by himself. basically he wants to set it up his way before allowing other to do it.

i've heard Kevin Smith is interested in doing some of it

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X