April 4, 2063. That'll be depressing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 4, 2063. That'll be depressing.

Judging by life expectancies these days, its a good bet that I'll live to see 2063. I won't lose any sleep over it, but when April 4th comes and goes without any warp flight, it'll be a little, tiny bit depressing, don't you think?
    The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

You never know, we might have invented something like it in that time...but, people thought we'd be living on the moon by now, so....I'm sure. If I'm still a trek fan in my old age I'll be looking up for a red, funky looking triangular ship...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

People's impression of the future of jetpacks and moon colonies was largely wrong. With enough expenditure, we may be able to have a colony on the moon. But there are always better ways to spend money. Instead, with the growth of the internet, access to information (and "other stuff") has never been easier.

But I'm with you, on that day, I'll probably take a few minutes to look up into the sky.
      The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Ummmm... what's so special about April 4th, 2063?

Comment

That was the day Zefram Cochrane(sp) made the first human warp flight and attracted the curiosity of the Vulcans who made first contact with Earth later that day. VERY significant in the trek 'verse.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

We're progressing slowly. But the main points about Star Trek is to be optimistic about the future and all humans to unite no matter what colour you are.
            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
            Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
              We're progressing slowly. But the main points about Star Trek is to be optimistic about the future and all humans to unite no matter what colour you are.
              After World War 3. But yes, to put aside our differences and get along for the good of all humanity.
              srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                After World War 3. But yes, to put aside our differences and get along for the good of all humanity.
                When did WW3 start in trek again? I gotta start building my bunker and start stockong up on supplies
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                  When did WW3 start in trek again? I gotta start building my bunker and start stockong up on supplies
                  From what I gather, it started with the eugenics wars back in the 1990's.
                  srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                    From what I gather, it started with the eugenics wars back in the 1990's.
                    Well in that case I'd say we're doing Okay for the moment. I would trade warp for peace.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

And all we need now is a Khan.
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        Well in that case I'd say we're doing Okay for the moment. I would trade warp for peace.
                        Agreed.
                        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

LoL I'll be lucky if I see 2063

If anyone manages to invent a time machine, come back and look me up so I can see 2063
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

KHANNN!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist

I've started to panic over the asteriod that's supposed to hit Earth around 2800... I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                              And all we need now is a Khan.

KHHHAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X