No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to break the mold. But I don't like the Sword of Kahlass. Felt too TNG to me. After 7 years I got tired of the same old Klingion stories and then just seemed liked an extension. I will say at least it ended the Durhas arc
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah so that's Adria... from SG-1...
      Well she's a beautiful woman...I'll watch for her.

Comment

OK, I added a baker's dozen pictures to the DS9 superior social group. They were a combination of DVD captures I made over the years and a couple of images (like the Defiant firing its phasers in First Contact) I scrounged from my brother who is a graphic designer. I hope y'all like them!
        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 28 October 2009, 10:36 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          Indeed. I believe LeVar Burton directed The Sword of Kahless. I remember reading in one of my old Star Trek magazines he was quoted as saying that he wanted to direct an "adventure type episode" and he wanted to give it a "Indiana Jones feel". I think he accomplished it pretty well with The Sword of Kahless.
          that is a fabulous ep. i enjoyed the "return" of the old klingons from TOS to the trek universe in this ep and Blood Oath... I loved seeing the actors revisit their roles after so many years. Kor, Koloth, and Kang will forever be the first "klingons" to me. this added to the "fun" of ds9 for me, I loved how the show did homages to tos without getting too sentimental.

Comment

Hey all!
            Been quite a while since I saw any DS9 (reruns of that are quite rare around here as well) - but in the glory days it was definitely an awesome show to watch.

Hands down the best story of all Trek shows.
            Many many memorable episodes...

IT'S A FAAAAKE!! - Still makes me laugh thinking about that scene.

Oh well, this post is going nowhere and fast, so I'll go back into stealth mode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
              Hey all!
              Been quite a while since I saw any DS9 (reruns of that are quite rare around here as well) - but in the glory days it was definitely an awesome show to watch.

Oh well, this post is going nowhere and fast, so I'll go back into stealth mode.
              Welcome to the thread renboy.... come back soon.

*shrugs* I troll for new people for our thread... what can I say? *shrugs*

Comment

Well said renboy and I wholeheartedly agree!.
                Originally posted by renboy
                Ah yes, doomed Romulan Senator Vreenak from the great episode In the Pale Moonlight. Very memorable scene. The look on Sisko's face said it all. He knew that he was in trouble.
                Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                I troll for new people for our thread... what can I say? *shrugs*
                You rock Lady Rac and it so very much appreciated. Big hug and kiss.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That scene was hilarious

I love that it's still an internet meme (I see it pretty regularly in Fark comment threads), almost 12 years since the ep first aired
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey all!

Welcome to the thread! This is a great thread and a wonderful group! Hope to see you back here.

Vreenak rocked. He was the quintessential Romulan: sarcastically condescending, cunning, charismatic, and calculating. Stephen McHattie did such a wonderful job that I was kind of disappointed we wouldn't see him again. I thought he would have been great as a recurring Romulan character.
                    sigpic

Comment

I keep hoping that they will release a Romulan fan collective... they could have eps from all five series.
                      *blushes* awww fifth you are too kind!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Vreenak rocked. He was the quintessential Romulan: sarcastically condescending, cunning, charismatic, and calculating. Stephen McHattie did such a wonderful job that I was kind of disappointed we wouldn't see him again. I thought he would have been great as a recurring Romulan character.
                        I am a huge fan of Stephen McHattie. I remember him from Hill Street Blues and The Hitchhiker. I also believe he did one episode on ENT where he played an Alien Foremam.

Senator Vreenak is one of those very memorable characters that you will always remember even though he only appeared in one episode. He was the consummate Romulan, perfect!.
                        The USS Defiant Rocks!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          I keep hoping that they will release a Romulan fan collective... they could have eps from all five series.
                          Are they planning a "Romulan fan set"?. I know Paramount had all kind of plans for those when they first came out judging by how good the sales were. But then the recession hit and the "buy DVD market" completely died like everything else, which caused them to slow up on these types of Box Set's.

I would completely buy every single thing Star Trek has made if they put on hi-def Blu Ray DVD. And that comes from someones who already owns everything ever made by Star Trek on DVD.

And I agree with brother Fifth - you rock Lady Rac **big hug and kiss as well.
                          The USS Defiant Rocks!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Speaking of Blu-ray and DS9, word is that "Trials and Tribble-ations" is on the TOS season 2 BD set, in high-def.

I'd love to be able to confirm this but....no job, no money, the TNG films BD set was the last thing I could justify buying for myself.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                              I am a huge fan of Stephen McHattie. I remember him from Hill Street Blues and The Hitchhiker. I also believe he did one episode on ENT where he played an Alien Foremam.

Senator Vreenak is one of those very memorable characters that you will always remember even though he only appeared in one episode. He was the consummate Romulan, perfect!.
                              Yeah, McHattie played that foreman in "The Xindi." He was good in that role too! He just has style as a pseudo-villain. His voice and facial expressions are really good, even in make-up.

With all this talk about Vreenak and Romulans, I definitely feel the thread needs this:

sigpic

Comment

I consider In the Pale Moonlight the best DS9 episode maybe the best Star Trek episode. As I have said before moral complications without being too preachy and I love good moral episodes. I can sympathize with Sisko. What he did was wrong but it was nessciarry for the greater good.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X