Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    As for the Opaka Prophet being Sarah, I don't know if that's plausible since Sarah Prophet was still inside the Orb of the Emissary on Tyree. Still, you're correct that the Opaka Prophet had a very pointed and powerful way of communicating to Sisko.
    Sarah was still talking to him while 'trapped' in the Orb of the Emissary. It might be her. Bah. We'll never know.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      *nods head* ....KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

That's probably why I don't mind the religious aspect of DS9, because it was a part of the show but there were so many other things there also. I didn't like the religious parts when they added it to SGU, it felt somewhat shoehorned in a little *shrugs*

Not that I'm defending SGU...
      But people are religious in the world and the aspect was brief to one character and (typical of SGU it had no bearing on the show or character development/revelation aspect)

The way I see it they're just following the character bible...(whoops no pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        Not that I'm defending SGU...
        But people are religious in the world and the aspect was brief to one character and (typical of SGU it had no bearing on the show or character development/revelation aspect)

The way I see it they're just following the character bible...(whoops no pun intended)
        I just don't like religion in shows that much *shrugs* And I'm not so keen on politics either
        sigpic

Comment

I just don't like religion in shows that much *shrugs* And I'm not so keen on politics either
          So basically you want it to be as unrealastic as possible?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
            I also think this was the strongest Kira episode of the season. I would not call Kira a wimp for falling prey to religious fervor any more than I'd characterize my religious friends that way, even when I want to scream at them for trying to interpret the Bible as a blueprint for American society. Yes, Kira was awfully passive for a lot of this episode, but she's been passive under the guidance religious leaders before; she even went along with Bareil when he suggested that she try nurturing her artistic side, way back in the "The Circle." I wish she were the kind of person who questioned more - she told Bareil that she was, but maybe his death really did change her. Accession is a truly great episode!.
            Interesting take brother Starbase (and great to see you back on the superior thread my good friend). Kira was kind of in the shadows in Accession. But she did stay true to her Bajoran belief's. Kira is just a different person when she shows her religious side, it's kind of nice to see - that being said I absolutely love tough Kira as well.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Alright my good friend's Star Trek Quiz #23 (all purpose) is on!. I have almost completed all the questions (this one is going to be fun and detailed!) I am very proud of this one, this quiz has it all (as I'm sure you will all love it!).

I still haven't chosen a DS9 episode to highlight in the "episode specific multi-answer question". (I was thinking Accession since we are currently discussing this one). And I also need a specific Trek character (from TNG, DS9 or VOY) to use in "character specific multi-answer question". Feel free to offer any suggestions (I will tell you which ones I pick in the next few days).

This Quiz has an extensive Star Trek Movie Questions Section (including Star Trek: XI 2009) The other movie questions are from ST: VI The Undiscovered Country and ST: VIII First Contact.

I am looking at doing this quiz either a week from next Monday or two weeks from Monday.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I say Kira. For the sheer reason I liked brother Starbase's perspective on Kira for Ascension and because Sisko would be too obvious
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                  Alright my good friend's Star Trek Quiz #23 (all purpose) is on!. I have almost completed all the questions (this one is going to be fun and detailed!) I am very proud of this one, this quiz has it all (as I'm sure you will all love it!).
                  This Quiz has an extensive Star Trek Movie Questions Section (including Star Trek: XI 2009) The other movie questions are from ST: VI The Undiscovered Country and ST: VIII First Contact.

I am looking at doing this quiz either a week from next Monday or two weeks from Monday.
                  Wheeeee! I missed the last one for some reason, so, yay.

Also, I actually have those movies. I'll have to rewatch to study up.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I say Kira. For the sheer reason I liked brother Starbase's perspective on Kira for Ascension and because Sisko would be too obvious
                    I also like brother Starbase's take on Kira as well brother jelgate. I'm putting my vote in for Kira as well.
                    Originally posted by Alder View Post
                    Wheeeee! I missed the last one for some reason, so, yay.

Also, I actually have those movies. I'll have to rewatch to study up.
                    Sweet, and great to see you Lady Alder. I will be sending reminder PM's to everyone when I decide on the exact Monday I run Star Trek Quiz #23
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I also like brother Starbase's take on Kira as well brother jelgate. I'm putting my vote in for Kira as well.
                      Thank's guy's. Kira often gets left out of the conversation in the episode Accession. But to me she shined just as bright as Sisko did.

Comment

I still haven't chosen a DS9 episode to highlight in the "episode specific multi-answer question". (I was thinking Accession since we are currently discussing this one). And I also need a specific Trek character (from TNG, DS9 or VOY) to use in "character specific multi-answer question". Feel free to offer any suggestions (I will tell you which ones I pick in the next few days).

Sweet, great news!. Bring it on brother Fifth. Make it difficult as well.

I am going to rewatch The Undiscovered Country (my personal favorite Trek movie), First Contact (my 2nd favorite Trek movie) and Star Trek XI (not even in my top 5 lol) over the next week. Thanks for giving me a great reason to dust off Trek movie DVD's.

Comment

So basically you want it to be as unrealastic as possible?
                          If I wanted realistic I'd watch soaps

But why would not including religion in shows be unrealistic, there's tons of shows that don't include religion in it but it doesn't make them any less realistic.
                          sigpic

Comment

If I wanted realistic I'd watch soaps

But why would not including religion in shows be unrealistic, there's tons of shows that don't include religion in it but it doesn't make them any less realistic.
                            Because religion is a way of life. Whiether your follow one or not everyone has a viewpoint on religion. And in my opinion most people are quite passionate in thier religion.

And the day soaps are realastic are the day brother DigiFluid accepts Voyager as canon (which it is BTW)
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Because religion is a way of life. Whiether your follow one or not everyone has a viewpoint on religion. And in my opinion most people are quite passionate in thier religion.

And the day soaps are realastic are the day brother DigiFluid accepts Voyager as canon (which it is BTW)
                              Well where I live it's like a soap opera

Screamin wimmen = check
                              whingin little brats...uh I mean kids runnin amok = check
                              musical beds = check

Did I miss anything
                              sigpic

Comment

Wave's hello to all my fellow Star Trek and Sci-Fi friends. Long time no see.
                                Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                                DS9 Season IV Episode DiscussionEpisode #85 Accession
                                Once again the Emissary arc astounds me. Its a real shame the writers limited it to one episode per season as there was so much to explore but I guess I'm happy with what we got.

Character development is the main reason Accession works. At the start Sisko is somewhat the reluctant Jesus. He doesn't like his position as Emissary but goes along with it as to not upset anyone. But after Akorem Laan claims to be the Emissary bringing chaos to Bajor, Sisko takes action and by the end he finally realizes this is what he is. All of it is done skillfully and tastefully with a slow but engaging pace. B-plots involving Kira having a religious crisis and O'Brien missing his 'true love' were just as good. Both Kira and Julian also shined very brightly in this 5 star classic. One of my very favorite episodes from season 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X