Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    There has always been sexual tension between Gul Dukat and Kira. He knows it, she denies it, but the two would probably have the best sex in the universe.
    Ew. Just...ew...

I'll be over here, scrubbing out my brain with carbolic and turpentine...

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
      Ew. Just...ew...

I'll be over here, scrubbing out my brain with carbolic and turpentine...
      me too! that is just....ewwwwwwwwwwww..... fifth you did that on purpose didn't you?

Comment

Makes me think of the time Dukat and Winn had sex. That was creepy enough. I can only imagine that would be worse
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Makes me think of the time Dukat and Winn had sex. That was creepy enough. I can only imagine that would be worse
          you are just determined to one up fifth aren't you? ewwwwwwwwwwww --squared!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
            you are just determined to one up fifth aren't you? ewwwwwwwwwwww --squared!
            Not really. The Dukat/Winn one was creppy enough. To a certain degree we knew both were evil. Well as close as you can get to defining what is evil and what isn't. But at the center Kira was a good person. She did what she thought was for the benefit of Bajor and her friends. Winn and Dukat were simliar in their quest for power. So to me their a lot more simlairties between Dukat/Winn then Kira/Winn so I find the latter more creepy then the former even though both are very creepy
            Jelgate is right

Comment

the compliation of so much creepiness was simply too squicky for me! But I must admit I roared with laughter when I realized DuKat was hoodwinking Winn.

Comment

*will refrain from ranting once again about the annoyabce of turning Winn evil*

*will just go EEEEEEEEEW til now I did very well in pretending these scenes never existed!*

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Comment

*grabs sick bucket*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

*grabs sick bucket*
                      Only the Pah-wraiths (aka a few DS9 showrunners with a twisted sense of humor and irony ) can come up with such a bizarre pairing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

*grabs sick bucket*
                        As creepy as that was. I find Odo and the Female Changeling even worse. You can only imagine what that is like for a pile of goo?

Am I ahead of brother Fifth yet?
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Forget them! Kira had Miles' baby! Via transporter!!!!!!!
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

DS9 Season IV Episode #85 Return to Grace

Inside and Background Information
                            Tom Benko's original idea for this episode came from the question of what may happen if the Jews and the Nazis were forced to work together after World War II. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion)

In Hans Beimler's original teleplay, Dukat and Kira beam across to the Klingon ship, overpower the bridge crew, and subsequently pacify the entire ship. Director Jonathan West felt that this was a slightly ridiculous conclusion that viewers would never buy - one Cardassian and one Bajoran overpowering a ship of sixty Klingon warriors. West however was unsure what to replace the fighting with until assistant director B.C. Cameron suggested that Kira and Dukat beam to engineering, take control of the transporters and switch crews. She and West approached Ira Steven Behr, who wasn't entirely happy about losing the action-packed conclusion, but who acquiesced in the end.
                            (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion)

At one stage in this episode, Dukat claims "What Cardassians? I am the only Cardassian left." Ira Steven Behr wrote this line based upon a famous statement made by Sioux leader Sitting Bull. At a treaty negotiation, when Sitting Bull refused to sign, it was pointed out to him that every other Indian had signed and he stood up and said "What other Indians? There are no other Indians but me." (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion)

This episode acts as a sequel of sorts to "Indiscretion", and as such, it represents the next stage in the writers' attempts to evolve the character of Gul Dukat. Episodes such as "The Maquis, Part II", "Civil Defense", "Defiant", "Explorers" and "The Way of the Warrior" had created a much softer picture of him than seen in the first season and the earlier episodes of the second season (such as the episode "Cardassians", where he is very much the villain of the piece). Also, "Civil Defense" introduced the fact that Dukat was attracted to Kira, something which was very much to the fore in "Indiscretion" as well as it is here.

Although the writers were attempting to create ambiguity as to the inherent nature of Dukat's character, they were never under any doubt that at his core, he was evil, and they always intended to have an incident in the future where that inherent evil would become apparent to everyone once and for all (this eventually happens in the fifth season episode "By Inferno's Light"). According to Hans Beimler, "He's always been a Nazi, always. In this episode, you're aware of different shades to his personality. But, if you think about it, they're all very self-serving. This is not a pleasant man. He's done a lot of terrible things." Similarly, Ira Steven Behr notes, "Dukat is not a nice man. He is not a sensitive man. He likes to act like a sensitive man, but he's a man of appetites to whom public image is very important, much more important than the truth. He wants to be liked by Kira as much as he likes Kira. I find him reprehensible myself." (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion)
                            In a line cut from the script of the episode, Tora Ziyal talked about her father, Dukat, taking her to see a performance by his favorite didactic theater group, getting the pair seats in the front row.

Casey Biggs (Damar) makes his first appearance in this episode. Initially, he was very disappointed with the part, which he felt any extra could have played, but director Jonathan West told Biggs that the writers had big plans for Damar, and as such, West shot him as if he were a major character, with plenty of close-ups and reaction shots.

Reference to 47: When Dukat asks Damar how long it took to destroy the asteroid during the battle drill, Damar says "three forty seven."

Kira's comparative analysis of Starfleet Type 3 phaser rifles vs. Cardassian Disruptor rifles mirrors the real world debate in military circles between the American M-16 and Soviet AK-47.
                            The USS Defiant Rocks!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Am I ahead of brother Fifth yet?
                              Yes! You are our uncrowned king! We salute you! Now STOP!!!!!

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Never watched any Star Trek series; I gave a go to DS9 last week. watched first 5 episode, and I felt asleep while watching; I guess after all I'm not a Trekkie.
                                Favorite Characters:
                                Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
                                Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
                                SG1: Jack O'Neill
                                SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
                                Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Working...
                                X