Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alder View Post
    Hmmm, that's an interesting thought...
    Would you be safer mucking up your ship and limping through Borg space looking as if you're not worth the effort to assimilate?
    Yes. Granted not much better. The Borg are a ting bit safer the Dominion. The Borg leave you alone if you are of no interest. The Dominion lacks that hive like mind and attacks anything that isn't under their control. Especially considering at the time their were either in a cold war or open war with the Federation
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I second the motion.

As for the 'Did Janeway/Voyager know about the Dominion threat' question...
      'Caretaker' takes place on stardate 48315.6. 'The Jem'hadar' takes place on stardate unknown. 'The Search' takes place on stardate 48213.1. The closest DS9 episode to VOY's starting stardate is 'The Abandoned' with stardate 48301.1.
      That far in, Voyager should have known the Dominion were a big threat in the Gamma Quad. How big? Not so sure at that point, but again, the devil you know.
      Well that seems pretty conclusive that the Voyager crew should have known about the Dominion....

I guess there is some political information there on whether Janeway would have been briefed on events that had transpired a few days ago. Or maybe the crew...it'self wouldn't have been briefed.

Comment

So I just got done watching Parts of Year Of Hell from voyager.

I wonder how the galaxy would change if say, the founders were wiped from existence.

It would certainly be a big change, and of course Odo might not be alive anymore.

Comment

If the Founders were erased from having ever existed, Odo would most certainly not be around anymore
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            If the Founders were erased from having ever existed, Odo would most certainly not be around anymore
            Unless he could be somehow protected from the effects of the space time changes

It could happen...

Comment

Wow. I can't even imagine how the Milky Way would be different without the Founders. No Founders means no Dominion. No Dominion would mean the Maquis were never wiped out. The Federation Alliance would never have been formed. And I would like to think that the alliance helped form a cooperation between the Federation, Klingions, and Romulans. The Jem'Hadar were grown by the Founders. They don't exist anymore. The disarray and fear of the Gamma Quadrant is gone. The Vorta probably don't rise to that status of power. Finally a majority of DS9 events (S3-S7) never happened. Give me time I could think of more
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh did I miss someone's birthday Um happy birthday Freelancer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....We can't not have Odo Then there'd be no Odo/Kira I need my Odo/Kira
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  The disarray and fear of the Gamma Quadrant is gone.
                  Actually that's probably up for debate. The Founders were all about imposing order, so the GQ as we knew it was most certainly ordered. What would've arisen (or not) in their absence is open to wild speculation.

And happy birthday Freelancer. Sorry if I missed it!

edit; hey look at that, over 13000 replies in this thread! That's more than the combined total posts in the subforums for Caprica, Babylon 5, Dollhouse, Eureka and Fringe combined
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Actually that's probably up for debate. The Founders were all about imposing order, so the GQ as we knew it was most certainly ordered. What would've arisen (or not) in their absence is open to wild speculation.

And happy birthday Freelancer. Sorry if I missed it!
                    True. It was probably a poor choice of words of my part but know what I meant. The people of the Gamma Quadrant were mostly slaves to the Dominion and ultimately the Founders. No Founders for some societies with give more benefical lives. In some ways you could draw an analogy and say the Dominion was like the former USSR. You did what they said or they sent in the troops to murder you. Both groups were known to annex territories for no known reason
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Wow. I can't even imagine how the Milky Way would be different without the Founders. No Founders means no Dominion. No Dominion would mean the Maquis were never wiped out. The Federation Alliance would never have been formed. And I would like to think that the alliance helped form a cooperation between the Federation, Klingions, and Romulans. The Jem'Hadar were grown by the Founders. They don't exist anymore. The disarray and fear of the Gamma Quadrant is gone. The Vorta probably don't rise to that status of power. Finally a majority of DS9 events (S3-S7) never happened. Give me time I could think of more
                      Well said brother jelgate!

No Dominion interference would probably mean that the Federation, Klingons, Romulans and maybe the Cardassians would be at each others throat, if not one or all were at war.

The Dominion, in a very bloody and messed up way, did the Alpha Quadrant a favor mainly because of the Federation alliances it bore (especially with the Klingons).

You could also make the argument - that the very back-handed way Q forced our early introduction to the Borg - again, actually did the Federation and the Alpha Quadrant a favor because it also created new alliances and forced Starfleet to advance there technologies (especially in weaponry).

The morale of the story is - Do not mess with the Federation/Starfleet - As a united "federation of planets", we damn sure stand by our friends and neighbors, and if you pi** us off and threaten our extinction, you better be prepared to die yourself - Because we do not capitulate, we will never accept anything less than our freedoms and liberties we are born with, and most importantly, we are all willing to die for said freedoms and liberties no matter the foe or consequences.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Does anyone have any idea how many ships were part of the Federation, Klingons, Romulans alliance ?

And also why didn't Federation planets have those satellites (that the Cardassians had) in orbit as a defensive weapon during the war ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                          Does anyone have any idea how many ships were part of the Federation, Klingons, Romulans alliance ?

And also why didn't Federation planets have those satellites (that the Cardassians had) in orbit as a defensive weapon during the war ?
                          According to Memory Alpha at least 25,000 ships.

Different technology for different races. We surpassed the Cardassians in some areas. It seemed like we superior shields for example
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Wait, they used shields during the Dominion War?

Comment

That sounds about right. Talk about armada.
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              Different technology for different races. We surpassed the Cardassians in some areas. It seemed like we superior shields for example
                              They were starting to perfect Ablative Armor when the Dominion War was raging. The USS Defiant (especially the USS Soa Paulo/USS Defiant Part II) and deep space nine itself were outfitted with advanced ablative armor.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Yes, talk about a huge number of ships.

How many of those were actually battle worthy though?

Comment

Working...
                                X