No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the Dominion's activity in the Gamma Quadrant. If they were truly genocidal maniacs [like Species 8472 in the beginning] who believed that absence assures silence, there would have been no other solid life over there apart from the Jem'Hadar and the Vorta.
    The basis of the Founders' plans to take over the major Alpha Quad powers was subterfuge and disguise. They infiltrated every power [even the Breen ] and weakened us from within. That says to me that they wanted us pliable for take over. Had the Dominion just swarmed through the wormhole at the end of s2 killing as they went, that might be a better sign of being genocidal. Heck, if they wanted everything dead, the first contact between a DS9 runabout and a native Gamma Quad race would have ended in polaron bursts and a burning river.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      It was right at the beginning of season 4 when Worf joined and Sisko got promoted to Captain. I don't think they ever mentioned or referenced that both Bashir and Dax were also promoted. But you could tell by there new uniform insignia's.

Sisko actually got promoted 3 times - When he got assigned to Deep Space Nine he was promoted to Commander - Then of course Captain when he took command of the USS Defiant - And then again when he became Adm. Ross' #2.
      Oh...he recieved two rank promotions and two position promotions.

Comment

I wouldn't call when Admiral Ross reasigned Sisko a promotion. It was a assignment change but not when a promotion. It was my understanding in the military when you are promoted your rank changes.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I wouldn't call when Admiral Ross reasigned Sisko a promotion. It was a assignment change but not when a promotion. It was my understanding in the military when you are promoted your rank changes.
          Agreed.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So I haven't watched so much DS9, but I wanted to know anyways... Why didn't they just blow up the wormhole to stop the invasion from coming?

Seems like a simple solution to stop the war...?

What am I missing here?

Maybe my lack of DS9 knowledge is the problem.. I'm guessing it's explained at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              So I haven't watched so much DS9, but I wanted to know anyways... Why didn't they just blow up the wormhole to stop the invasion from coming?

Seems like a simple solution to stop the war...?

What am I missing here?
              That an entire species lives there?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Bajorans would never allow it.The wormhole is their Holy Grail if you will. It would be a huge political implication between them and the Federation And then their is the implications how this would effect the Prophets
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The Bajorans would never allow it.The wormhole is their Holy Grail if you will. It would be a huge political implication between them and the Federation And then their is the implications how this would effect the Prophets
                  But it's the whole Alpha Quadrant right...?

Just seems like a simple solution to end the war, and politics/religion is what's holding it back from stopping?

Political implications over millions of lives/hundreds of worlds?

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't care about what the Bajorans want at this point. Their "Holy Grail" is not worth it.

It may sound a little harsh, but the Bajorans themselves are not worth the war... what do they really offer anyways?

Comment

But it's the whole Alpha Quadrant right...?

Just seems like a simple solution to end the war, and politics/religion is what's holding it back from stopping?

Political implications over millions of lives/hundreds of worlds?

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't care about what the Bajorans want at this point. Their "Holy Grail" is not worth it.
                    Thats how many real wars happen Political problems hinder wars all the time. You wouldn't be saying that if it was your religious beliefs being questioned. Also you asking to commit genocide against a people. That hardly right either.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Thats how many real wars happen Political problems hinder wars all the time. You wouldn't be saying that if it was your religious beliefs being questioned. Also you asking to commit genocide against a people. That hardly right either.
                      True, I might not be saying that... but I would know when to change certain ideas for the betterment of the Quadrant, especially if my world was at stake too.

It may be genocide... but this is war, and dark elements are shown on this show. I'm surprised they didn't touch on this subject though...

But would you rather have one species be destroyed, or many?

As Spock would say "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one"

Comment

The reason it was never brought up during the war was because after Sacrifice of Angels the Prophets prevent ship from traveling through the wormhole.

And now I don't think so. Genocide of an innocent people is never the proper course no matter how much is at stake. It would contradict everything the Federation stood for and make them just like the Dominion. Maybe a little idealistic but thier you have it

That Spock quote is been way misrepresented so many times
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

The Romulans and the Cardassians could have collapsed the wormhole in 'The Die is Cast', a much easier plan of action than attacking the Founders. Of course, the pillaging of the Gamma Quadrant would be impossible minus the wormhole.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The reason it was never brought up during the war was because after Sacrifice of Angels the Prophets prevent ship from traveling through the wormhole.

And now I don't think so. Genocide of an innocent people is never the proper course no matter how much is at stake.
                            I agree... I was just throwing my ideas out there though.

I think if I had to choice though, I would pick genocide over everyone else.

War is never easy, and options have to be considered that normally wouldn't be at the table.

One species is not worth everyone else though, IMO.

I know it's not the proper cause, but it has to be done. I'm not sure if I could live with myself afterwards, but If It came down to it, I would.

Morals have to be set aside in war.

Comment

Morals have to be set aside in war.
                              Um....no they don't. Some things get more flexible in times of war, but there's lines you simply don't cross regardless of the circumstances. That's why we have international laws regarding war crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                Um....no they don't. Some things get more flexible in times of war, but there's lines you simply don't cross regardless of the circumstances. That's why we have international laws regarding war crimes.
                                Normally I would agree. But I would say at certain times, people look the other way... especially if what you're trying to do/find out saves lives, or end lives in order to save a greater number of lives.

We can agree to disagree I guess

I'll stop this little ramble about war debates now though, don't want to get to much off topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X