Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
    lol, that had to feel nice. I am 44 myself and fortunetly wrinkles don't run in my family (we all pretty much keep our baby faces lol). Now if I could do something about this grey hair poping up everywhere. The way I look at it, I am in the best shape of my life, each year I manage to add a little more muscle mass (thanks brother Fifth) while improving my conditioning.
    Ain't that the truth!. I used to think I knew it all throughout my 20's. But each year as our wisdom grows, you start realize just how little you did know back then. Wisdom and experience will beat out intelligence most of the time.
    a healthy lifestyle helps too I have never smoked or drank... and would never have married a man who did either...both are very VERY drying to the skin. I have a sister who is 10 years older than i am and she has done both... she was asked if she was my mom the last time I visited Maine. She was NOT pleased.

When I look at my daughter and remember that at her age I had a 6 year old all I can think is ...there is no way she is mature enough... but then I realise she is as mature as I was at that age... I well i couldn't have done too bad, she survived me!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      Well I finished re-watching Defiant and I filled out no less than 3 full pages of notes and trivia questions. I probably will only use 10 questions which means I think I am going to drop the "guess the quote" section of the quiz this time around. With the extensive "multi-part fill-in questions" I used this time - there are going to be more than enough questions as it is. You all better put your thinking caps on for this quiz.

Note: A friendly reminder my fellow Trek brethren - I will post a shiny new "all purpose Trek quiz" by 9am PST next Monday (Aug. 3). I will leave it up until Thursday and post the graded quizzes and the results on Friday.
      Are all the questions based on the episode Defiant? I don't think I've done one of these before.

Comment

I was talking about time since registration when I said that, guys & gals, not age
        Last edited by DigiFluid; 29 July 2009, 07:20 AM.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
          Are all the questions based on the episode Defiant? I don't think I've done one of these before.
          That would be too easy. Thier will be a group a questions. on the episode Defiant. The quiz overall is general Star Trek. You will most likely see questions from all 5 series with more emphasis on TNG/DS9/VOY just for the sole reason of they have been around longer. I always do a rewatch of the episode if I can find it before the quiz. And if that fails I will read the episode transcript for the episode.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            That would be too easy. Thier will be a group a questions. on the episode Defiant. The quiz overall is general Star Trek. You will most likely see questions from all 5 series with more emphasis on TNG/DS9/VOY just for the sole reason of they have been around longer. I always do a rewatch of the episode if I can find it before the quiz. And if that fails I will read the episode transcript for the episode.
            Cheers for that.

I'll need to beat the dust of the old thinking cap

Comment

You will most likely see questions from all 5 series with more emphasis on TNG/DS9/VOY just for the sole reason of they have been around longer.
              Uh...what?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

A random Trek related thing--I got a very cool t-shirt this week.

Spoiler:

Comment

That's awesome, have some green

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                    Cheers for that.

I'll need to beat the dust of the old thinking cap
                    Then lets have some fun especially because of all the newbies we have this time around. I used the old search feature to find the very first quiz I ever took. A practice quiz if you will to get you ready for Monday. I don't think brother Fifth would mind and if he does I will remove the link. And yes Lady Rac I did do horrible when I took this one
                    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Uh...what?
                    I meant in terms of episode count.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah, gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        That's awesome, have some green
                        Thanks. I found it browsing Cafe Press and just had to have it.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                          Come on brother Davis, why can't you be nice. You know full well how we do it here on the superior thread. We are a group of friends first, we talk about life and stuff happening in our lives. Everyday there is a ton of DS9 and general Star Trek talk happening right here.

I have always considered you a friend, but your negativity the last few times you have popped in the last few months has been a total downer. So if you are not going to be nice or constructive, do us all a favor and don't say anything. I don't think that is to much to ask.
                          I'm not bashing all the new people, it's just hard for me to jump back in the thread where we are now talking about how SGU is going to suck more then Enterprise and on top of that learn all the new peoples names. My fault for going away lol.

EDIT: Also, don't assume the worst when I'm talking about the new people. I was just kinda pissed at myself for now having to go thru pages and pages of this thread to try and learn all the new peoples likes and dislikes. Well on the positive side I can now give out much more green..... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                            I'm not bashing all the new people, it's just hard for me to jump back in the thread where we are now talking about how SGU is going to suck more then Enterprise and on top of that learn all the new peoples names. My fault for going away lol.

EDIT: Also, don't assume the worst when I'm talking about the new people. I was just kinda pissed at myself for now having to go thru pages and pages of this thread to try and learn all the new peoples likes and dislikes. Well on the positive side I can now give out much more green..... hehe
                            Good to see you davis, how are things? the thread is hopping as you can see and we get a new quiz next week!!! Fifth missed us so much he even logged on when he was out of town on business!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                              A random Trek related thing--I got a very cool t-shirt this week.

Spoiler:
                              LOL That's awesome Lady Mariel. I sent in it for a free Star Trek T-Shirt that Kellogs cereal was offering right when the new Trek movie premiered. I still haven't gotten it yet.

Ok, I just finished the new quiz (there a lot of questions on this one) - which is why I left out the "guess the quote section" of the quiz this time around.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Then lets have some fun especially because of all the newbies we have this time around. I used the old search feature to find the very first quiz I ever took. A practice quiz if you will to get you ready for Monday. I don't think brother Fifth would mind and if he does I will remove the link. And yes Lady Rac I did do horrible when I took this one
                                Cheers for that I had a quick look over it. I done alright but it could have been a lot better. I was lucky on Q17 as I watched that DS9 episode last week

Can't wait to try the new quiz.

Comment

Working...
                                X