Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
    Speaking of that, I would not recomend Alliance Mtn Dew Game Fuel, it turns something of yours green..........

Freaking wow.
    TMI!!!!!!

Linda, I found the mop!

Comment

Originally posted by Alder
      I know who my first war would be with.
      How about the Vulcans for sitting on there hands while watching us almost destory ourselves - only to show up and try to tell us how to proceed with the destiny of our planet after we achieved warp drive. Pretty dam arrogant, oh yeah, we are talking about Vulcans.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        How about the Vulcans for sitting on there hands while watching us almost destory ourselves - only to show up and try to tell us how to proceed with the destiny of our planet after we achieved warp drive. Pretty dam arrogant, oh yeah, we are talking about Vulcans.
        That was one thing I LOVED about ENT...it showed the Vulcans for what I had always felt they were ... self-important so-and- so's! No hiding it under oh they are so logical so advanced.. Nope simply "we are better than you" attitude!

I am hoping the next fan collective will be Romulans! what say everyone here?

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          Same here Linda. I don't hate the newer Star Wars movies (fantastic speacial effects and such), but they don't even come close as far as the adventure side of Star Wars storyline goes. Those early movies had heart.
          TNG is fantastic (sorry Lady Rac). Sure the first 2 seasons (especially season I) were rather hit and miss. But they eventually ironed it all out and the end result was pretty fantastic.

First Contact is definitely the best of the Next Gen. Trek movies, and probably my second favorite Trek movie of all time. They really nailed it with that flick!.
          I just can't really get into the new Star Wars movies, I've tried and only managed to watch them once, they really do miss the 'heart' as you've said Fifth Race. I was astounded by the totally fresh take on the 'Space' genre Star Wars did when it exploded onto the scene in 1977.

First Contact is my favourite ST movie after The Voyage Home. I watched it the other night on my nice new home theatre system. It was fantastic, the larger screen and surround sound certainly added to the enjoyment of this movie.

I loved Worf's scene when he blasts the Borg interplexing beacon into space with a satisfying "Assimilate this!" The Vulcans being introduced to Roy Orbison and 'Oobi Doobi' on an old juke box as their first introduction to Human culture is superb! I love this movie for all the little moments like these in it.

My favourite ST movie list stands like this....

1. The Voyage Home
          2. First Contact
          3. The Undiscovered Country
          4. Star Trek '09
          5. Generations
          6. Search for Spock
          7. Wrath of Kahn
          8. Insurrection
          9. The Motion Picture
          10. Final Frontier/Nemesis

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          it was the premise, malcom mcdowell was about as "dangerous" as a mad corgi pup, picard was in it-- always a negative for me , and the lame lame way kirk was killed. that is just the top 4 reasons.
          LOL! Obviously he was not 'Clockwork Orangy' enough for you!!!

That was one thing I LOVED about ENT...it showed the Vulcans for what I had always felt they were ... self-important so-and- so's! No hiding it under oh they are so logical so advanced.. Nope simply "we are better than you" attitude!

Same here. I find it funny though that humans turned out to be a bit like that later on with new species with their 'holier than thou' Prime Directive attitudes. I always think of the scene in 'What You Leave Behind' when Martok wants to drink to their victory over the corpses and ruins of Cardassia and the Federation officers pour the drink out. However the Federation had created the virus to kill Odo's people, hmmm.

Like the idea of a Romulan fan collective. I always loved the TOS episode 'The Enterprise Incident' where Spock was distracting the Romulan commander who had taken a fancy to him, while Kirk disguised as a Romulan was trying to steal their cloaking device.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            I just can't really get into the new Star Wars movies, I've tried and only managed to watch them once, they really do miss the 'heart' as you've said Fifth Race. I was astounded by the totally fresh take on the 'Space' genre Star Wars did when it exploded onto the scene in 1977.
            I feel the same way. It's hard to beat the original Star Wars flims as far adventurous action movies go. I mean I would much rather watch almost any Star Trek movie over any Star Wars movie any day of week, but those original 3 Star Wars movies had it all. I also didn't care for the new generation Star Wars movies with the exception of the last one (Episode III).

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz
              First Contact is my favourite ST movie after The Voyage Home. I watched it the other night on my nice new home theatre system. It was fantastic, the larger screen and surround sound certainly added to the enjoyment of this movie. I loved Worf's scene when he blasts the Borg interplexing beacon into space with a satisfying "Assimilate this!" The Vulcans being introduced to Roy Orbison and 'Oobi Doobi' on an old juke box as their first introduction to Human culture is superb! I love this movie for all the little moments like these in it.

1. The Voyage Home
              2. First Contact
              4. Star Trek '09
              5. Generations
              6. Search for Spock
              7. Wrath of Kahn
              8. Insurrection
              9. The Motion Picture
              Great List Lady Krisz. The Voyage Home is truly a great film, definitely the funnest of all the Trek movies. I am also a First Contact fan. My favorite line from that movie was when Cochrane's assistant Lily (Alfre Woodard) who had never seen a Borg let alone been in space commented in utter horror "Is that one of those Swedish Zombie monsters, the Borg, you were talking about". lol

My list goes like this ....
              1. The Undiscovered Country
              2. The Wrath of Kahn
              3. The Voyage Home
              4. First Contact
              5. The Motion Picture
              6. Generations
              7. Star Trek XI (great flick!)
              8. The Search for Spock
              9. Insurrection
              10. The Final Frontier
              11. Nemesis (I love how this is universally the worst)

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

First Contact is my favourite ST movie after The Voyage Home. I watched it the other night on my nice new home theatre system. It was fantastic, the larger screen and surround sound certainly added to the enjoyment of this movie.

I loved Worf's scene when he blasts the Borg interplexing beacon into space with a satisfying "Assimilate this!" The Vulcans being introduced to Roy Orbison and 'Oobi Doobi' on an old juke box as their first introduction to Human culture is superb! I love this movie for all the little moments like these in it.

1. The Voyage Home
                2. First Contact
                4. Star Trek '09
                5. Generations
                6. Search for Spock
                7. Wrath of Kahn
                8. Insurrection
                9. The Motion Picture

LOL! Obviously he was not 'Clockwork Orangy' enough for you!!!

Same here. I find it funny though that humans turned out to be a bit like that later on with new species with their 'holier than thou' Prime Directive attitudes. I always think of the scene in 'What You Leave Behind' when Martok wants to drink to their victory over the corpses and ruins of Cardassia and the Federation officers pour the drink out. However the Federation had created the virus to kill Odo's people, hmmm.

Like the idea of a Romulan fan collective. I always loved the TOS episode 'The Enterprise Incident' where Spock was distracting the Romulan commander who had taken a fancy to him, while Kirk disguised as a Romulan was trying to steal their cloaking device.
                While I enjoy the "new" stars wars, I too miss the "heart" of the originals, but I wonder if that is simply because the origninals were so fresh, so different, that any attempt to recreate that is bound to fail.

I recently saw the ENT ep where you discover that the guy in charge of the vulcan high command was working with the romulans....nice tie-in there.

Comment

TMI!!!!!!

Linda, I found the mop!
                  Oh cool, keep it handy in case you starts drooling again

Oh Romulans...YAY...They're badass
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
                    My list goes like this ....
                    10. The Final Frontier
                    11. Nemesis (I love how this is universally the worst)
                    Even more TUC love! I am so surprised at you guys... I thought you were all gonna say "1. Wrath of Kahn". Phew!

Also, I think Nemesis is "better" than Final Frontier. True, Nemesis was a terrible film for the TNG cast to go out on but at least it wasn't downright embarrassing like TFF was. Scotty didn't even know his way around his own ship! Like, what? Uhura dancing naked out in the desert? "God" is at the center of the galaxy?

No no no, TFF is definitely the absolute worst in my book.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

There was an amusing line in a season 2 episode of Enterprise that showed their attitude pretty well. Enterprise was being attacked by 3 enemy ships, and they'd been boarded. Then the Vulcans show up and toss out a walloping, call up Captain Archer and say, "Tell them to release you immediately, ooooor we'll destroy their ships."

I love that line. No vague threats, no "we'll open fire", just a flatly delivered statement of fact: "we'll destroy their ships".

I also liked the guest star in that episode. Don't remember who it was, but she made a decent very old Vulcan ambassador.

Unfortunately that was also the same episode where Captain Archer showed that he didn't have a grade school understanding of addition and subtraction. That was a jaw dropping scene. T'Pal actually had to explain to him that it would take longer than excepted for the Vulcan ship to reach them because Enterprise had stopped moving toward the Vulcans. And he was *surprised* by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                        Also, I think Nemesis is "better" than Final Frontier. True, Nemesis was a terrible film for the TNG cast to go out on but at least it wasn't downright embarrassing like TFF was. Scotty didn't even know his way around his own ship! Like, what? Uhura dancing naked out in the desert? "God" is at the center of the galaxy?
                        I think I'm probably on your side with that.

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                        There was an amusing line in a season 2 episode of Enterprise that showed their attitude pretty well. Enterprise was being attacked by 3 enemy ships, and they'd been boarded. Then the Vulcans show up and toss out a walloping, call up Captain Archer and say, "Tell them to release you immediately, ooooor we'll destroy their ships."
                        Ooo! sounds good. I've neglected season two of Enterprise for a dose of DS9. Must start up again..

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                          Ooo! sounds good. I've neglected season two of Enterprise for a dose of DS9. Must start up again..
                          ah but DS9 is so much better
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            ah but DS9 is so much better
                            And it has less canon violations
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I assume that you're talking about Enterprise? Guess I should get around to watching that show, sooner or later... first two seasons seem kinda rough compared to 3 and 4.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                That too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X