Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm leaving that one alone.
    What about drugs in Star Trek? No, I don't mean the kind Crusher or Bashir prescribe. The good stuff that Quark sells. What are the future equivalents of cocaine and E? [/goes to Memory Alpha, looking for a list...]
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I'm leaving that one alone.
      What about drugs in Star Trek? No, I don't mean the kind Crusher or Bashir prescribe. The good stuff that Quark sells. What are the future equivalents of cocaine and E? [/goes to Memory Alpha, looking for a list...]
      Beetle snuf. Why do you think Quark and the Ferengi are so annoying. Its because they are high
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Beetle snuf. Why do you think Quark and the Ferengi are so annoying. Its because they are high
        beetle snuff ewwwwwwwwww! THe idea of snorting parts of any animal...ewwwwwww

edit and I only swear when I am really really peeved -- see how "boring" this "old gal" is?
        Last edited by Rac80; 09 June 2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Beetle snuff and Ketracel-white are good examples of drugs, but it's great to know humanity will always enjoy the classics.
          I never stop laughing at this scene.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Beetle snuff and Ketracel-white are good examples of drugs, but it's great to know humanity will always enjoy the classics.
            I never stop laughing at this scene.
            My better half loves the "it's green scene " with scotty.

Comment

ahhh Beetle snuf, great for what ails you!

Comment

I was watching TNG the other day, and I saw the episode where worf drinks prune juice for the first time. I laughed when he called it a warriors drink

I thought it was cool when they carried this little scene over to DS9 too, Quark gave worf a hard time for only ever ordering prune juice.

I love when these little continuities pop up, it makes me happy

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  I was watching TNG the other day, and I saw the episode where worf drinks prune juice for the first time. I laughed when he called it a warriors drink
                  Hehehe...I walked into the kitchen a week or two back and found my dad having his lunch - a glass of prune juice, and a raw beetroot, which he was eating like an apple...I told him it was a warrior's lunch.

Wonder what Worf would've made of beetroot? It's the right sort of colour, at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    I was watching TNG the other day, and I saw the episode where worf drinks prune juice for the first time. I laughed when he called it a warriors drink I thought it was cool when they carried this little scene over to DS9 too, Quark gave worf a hard time for only ever ordering prune juice.
                    That reminds me of a quote from the DS9 episode Looking for Par'mach in all the Wrong Places
                    Dax (speaking to Worf): "You know, for a Klingon who was raised by humans, wears a Starfleet uniform and drinks prune juice, you're pretty attached to tradition. That's okay. I like a man riddled with contradictions."
                    Originally posted by Alder View Post
                    Hehehe...I walked into the kitchen a week or two back and found my dad having his lunch - a glass of prune juice, and a raw beetroot, which he was eating like an apple...I told him it was a warrior's lunch.
                    LOL. That sounds rather interesting yet totally unappetizing. Is there a story behind such a snack?.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by ShowMaster View Post
                      DS9 was a very good show. Very well written for the most part, good character development, interesting story and I especially liked the bits about Bajoran culture. There were of course some things that annoyed me, like Sisco being the Emissary. Not sure how I would rank the the Star Trek shows, maybe DS9 might be my favorite. Voyager was also good.
                      Hi ya Showmaster, welcome to GW and the DS9 thread. I agree that two of the strong points of DS9 are "character development" and a very "interesting storyline". - I also enjoyed the whole "Bajoran culture" angle that the whole series is based on. The writers did such a fantastic job creating this history of Bajor and its people that by the end of the series it kind of felt like the Bajorans were part of real history (very detailed and brilliantly done!). - Sisko being the Emissary did kind of get "annoying" (especially early on in the series), but eventually the writers managed to seamlessly work it in to the storyline, and by the end of series I had changed my mind. - I definitely have DS9 ranked as favorite (probably my all-time favorite scifi show). I love both VOY and TNG equally so there both my second.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                        LOL. That sounds rather interesting yet totally unappetizing. Is there a story behind such a snack?.
                        Other than "My dad is a complete weirdo"?
                        ...nope.

Ugh. Prune juice looks awful as well.

Comment

...nope.

Just the phrase "prune juice" conjures up a "yuck" image. but now if they called it "plum juice" would it?

Comment

...nope.

It doesn't taste that great either.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              It doesn't taste that great either.
                              I can't handle "thick drinks" like Apricot nectar, prune juice, I just don't like straining drinks through my teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                I can't handle "thick drinks" like Apricot nectar, prune juice, I just don't like straining drinks through my teeth.
                                Maybe your teeth's age have caught up with the rest of you

I only drank the prune juice because of a dare.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X