No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official protest. You only gave me 2 points for the Think Tank question but yesterday you said Neelik's soup would count as a correct answer
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

/\/\/\ I love the Oscar pic Lady Rac, and ^5 to the hubby for making ya watch TNG.
      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Official protest. You only gave me 2 points for the Think Tank question but yesterday you said Neelik's soup would count as a correct answer
      LOL protest denied!. I did only put 2 stars** but I went back and gave credit to everyone (including you brother jelgate) that put Neelix's soup. I just forgot to go back and put an extra *.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Very well but I'll have that Top Dawg status back next quiz or die trying
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I want to thank brother Fifth for hosting another wonderful and fun quiz. And Congrats to everyone that participated.
          Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          I just watched an episode last week when putting the quiz questions together that stated the occupation of Bajor lasted from 2328-2369.
          That is the correct date. MA gets things wrong all the time.
          Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Very well but I'll have that Top Dawg status back next quiz or die trying
          LOL. You did great brother jelgate. And like brothers Fifth and Starbase - I Love your Jem'Hadar avatar!.
          The USS Defiant Rocks!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Memory Alpha is a great a source for Trek knowledge. It has a good portion of people making it accurate on the Trek canon. At the end of the day however it is still a wiki. Especially with those small details like the length of the Occupation it is easy for a person to overlook a change that was made
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Memory Alpha is the greatest!
              Great quiz, Fifth!
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yes, yes, ladies and gentleman, thank you very much, I would like to thank brother Fifth for that lovely spoon, for now I can go and eat soup!
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

That 50 year (3219-2369) inference on MA is wrong (they get some things wrong once in awhile on that great site). I just watched an episode last week when putting the quiz questions together that stated the occupation of Bajor lasted from 2328-2369.
                  'The Emissary' gives the right info.
                  Firstly, there's Kira...

SISKO
                  The Federation is only here to...

KIRA AND SISKO
                  (in unison)
                  ... help us/you.

KIRA
                  (continuing)
                  ... yes, I know. The Cardassians
                  said the same thing sixty years ago.

Secondly, and I think this is where most people get 50 years from: Sisko.

SISKO
                  Yessir... I understand they've spent
                  the last half century robbing the
                  planet of every valuable resource...
                  before abandoning it...

I went with the Sisko-rounding down.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

29/36 for Jumper One -- Well done as always my friend. Your's is the first quiz I have graded that aced #15. ^5
                    ooh nice thanks again for a great quiz brother Fifth

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                    Are you sure about the occupation only lasting 40 years? I distinctly remember it being 50, and Memory Alpha seems to agree with me.
                    according to MA
                    The exact start of the Occupation is unclear, but the general consensus is that it began circa 2319 and ended in 2369.
                    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Occupation_of_Bajor
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I want to thank everyone that participated in this weeks quiz. I had forgotten how much work these things are. But I do love doing them especially for you all. On to this weeks Top Dawgs are ... Gopher65 ... Rac80 ... USS Defiant ... Honorable Mentions ... Starbase ... Jumper One ... ./freelancer ... jelgate
                      Wtgo Top Dawgs and Honorable Mentions!.

Great quiz Prof. Fifth, I swear everytime I take one of your quizzes I get super motivated to dust off my Trek DVD's and do a marathon. So when is the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        'The Emissary' gives the right info.Firstly, there's Kira...SISKO?*?*?*The Federation is only here to...?*?*?*?*?*KIRA AND SISKO?*?*?*?*(in unison)?*?*?*... help us/you.?*?*?*?*?*KIRA?*?*?*?*(continuing)?*?*?*... yes, I know.?* The Cardassians ?*?*?*said the same thing sixty years ago.Secondly, and I think this is where most people get 50 years from: Sisko.?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?*?* ?*?*?*?* SISKO?*?*?*Yessir... I understand they've spent ?*?*?*the last half century robbing the ?*?*?*planet of every valuable resource...?* ?*?*?*before abandoning it...I went with the Sisko-rounding down.
                        Lets face it Star Trek has 700+ episodes. We all know there have been times when canon has been counterdicted. I imagine this is one of those times. Maybe one Star Trek script says 50 and another says 40. I personally just took a shot in the dark in that question
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

?*?
                          Where did that come from?!
                          I'd say anywhere around 50-60 works.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            ?*?Where did that come from?! I'd say anywhere around 50-60 works.
                            Its a side effect of my computer keyboard dying. I have to use this one that plugs into the USB port
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Congratulations to everyone, there were good scores all round!

Seems I am getting a bit better now. It helps I get to see a bit more Trek, since the Space channel are showing DS9, TNG, VOY and TOS on a regular basis.

They also show Stargate SG-1 on a continuous loop and they are back in the early days again. I've been enjoying watching the young fresh faced eager Daniel in action and the recent demise of Hathor and Seth. Those were the good old days, getting rid of those nasty Goa'uld!

I've also got back to my re-watching of DS9 from the beginning. I've just watched 'Indiscretion' and 'Rejoined'.

'Indiscretion' is always fun to watch because it brings Dukat and Kira into close proximity to eachother and made for some interesting exchanges between the former enemies. I just love the way Kira disarms Dukat's pompuous air of superiority with the comment about knowing the Cardassian security codes for the crashed ship's computer. This puts him in his place and pours derision on him as far as the effectiveness of his efforts to subdue the Bajoran resistance was concerned. I love those Kira and Dukat moments. Kira's dignified restraint in the face of Dukat's misguided opinions of the occupation at times is admirable and a joy to watch.

Dukat is his usual conflicted self here, a real contradiction at times, always trying to justify his evil actions. He's one of those nasty characters that you almost want to sympathise with when he looks to be changing his ways but you just know he can't. Even though his love for Ziyal came through you can't help wondering when it would all go south. Even knowing what is to come, you still feel that air of uncertainty about what may happen to that innocent child having Dukat as a father!

'Rejoined' was the interesting Dax episode (I like all the Dax episodes) where DS9 took the idea TNG stopped short of following in 'The Host' to its conclusion. What happens to the feelings of the symbiont being transferred from one host to the next and dealing with a close relationship when the symbiont ends up in a host that is the same sex as the previous host's lover. Although this explored Trill 'taboos' more I liked the way DS9 just dealt with the situation of Dax being in a female host and still loving the person it missed who also happened to be female.

It seemed this was deemed 'awkward' in Trill society and made for the rule of avoiding previous mates of previous hosts which I think is odd given that the well being of the symbiont is the prime concern of the Trill. It seems really cruel to forbid those that loved eachother to be apart after the death of the host even though the symbiont like Dax suffers from not being allowed to be with the person it loves.

Of course Dax tries to stay close to the next person it came to love again after losing Jadzia as it's host. It was interesting to see how Ezri Dax dealt with Worf and it was good to see they had an opportunity to try but things didn't turn out as they would have wanted. I liked the fact that this heartwrenching situation was dealt with and allowed Dax and Worf to finally accept the change that the death of Jadzia brought.

Comment

Thanx everyone for the very nice quiz kudos. It is greatly appreciated and nice to hear. I am not going to let as much time go between quizzes. I am going to shoot for at least 1 a month.
                                Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                Congratulations to everyone, there were good scores all round!
                                Seems I am getting a bit better now. It helps I get to see a bit more Trek, since the Space channel are showing DS9, TNG, VOY and TOS on a regular basis.
                                I did take notice and well done. You have definetly improved your quiz scores the last few times out.
                                Originally posted by Krisz
                                They also show Stargate SG-1 on a continuous loop and they are back in the early days again. I've been enjoying watching the young fresh faced eager Daniel in action and the recent demise of Hathor and Seth. Those were the good old days, getting rid of those nasty Goa'uld!
                                I am the same way Kris. I have Tivo set on "Season Pass" for Stargate so it records a few of the older episodes from season's 1 - 6. As much as I love Atlantis, I just can't get as motivated to re-watch past episodes like I do for Stargate.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X